Type of room good for 4 people??

cpacheco212121

You only have 2 options, either the spacious cat 12 "penthouse suite" which has a full size bed, a full size sofa sleeper, plus you can fit a rollaway in that room. Or the inside room that has 4 beds that are a bunk bed design with 2 up and 2 down. I think its the lowest cat...and really small. I say get the cat 12...we had it on our last cruise with 3 adults and 1 kid and we had PLENTY of space, it even has a semi walk in closet.

I was thinking about that, but then i was looking at the ship (glory) decks and there is some balconys that have 1 king size that could be put into 2 singles along with 1 bunk bed and a sofa... I amall good for taking the sofa but just want there to be enough room for 4 chicks to do what chicks do!!!

Cat.

"GS" Penthouse Suite

Now called Grand Suite. Twin beds that convert to king, large private balcony, sitting area with 2-armchairs and coffee table, desk, double sofa bed, dressing area with vanity, walk-in closet, safe, refrigerator, mini bar, private bath with whirlpool tub and shower, phone, television, hair dryer.

Avg sq ft cabin: 345 Balcony: 85

On Decks: Empress

Cat.

"OS"

"JS"

Suite

Now called Ocean Suite. Twin beds that convert to king, large balcony, sitting area with armchair and coffee table, sofa, dressing area with vanity, 2 large closets, wall safe, refrigerator, mini bar, private bath with whirlpool tub and shower, phone, television, hair dryer.

Avg sq ft cabin: 275 Balcony: 65

Cabins 9205 and 9206 have standard size balconies.

On Decks: Lido Empress

Cat.

"9B"

"9C"

Premium Balcony

Twin beds that convert to king, wrap around balcony, private bath with shower, mini bar, safe, phone, television, sitting area with chair and coffee table, sofa, hair dryer.

Avg sq ft cabin: 185 Balcony: 75

On Decks: Verandah Empress Upper

Cat.

"8N"

"8M"

"8F"

"8E"

"8D"

"8C"

"8B"

"8A"

Balcony

Twin beds that convert to king, balcony, private bath with shower, closet, safe, mini bar, phone, television, sitting area with sofa/chair and coffee table, hair dryer.

Avg sq ft cabin: 185 Balcony: 35

Some balconies extended to 60 square feet or more.

On Decks: Panorama Lido Verandah Empress Upper

Cat.

"6E"

"6D"

"6C"

"6B"

"6A"

Oceanview

Twin beds that convert to king, picture window, television, private bath with shower, safe, mini bar, phone, television, sitting area, sofa, hair dryer. Category 6E has floor to ceiling window.

Avg sq ft cabin: 220

On Decks: Spa Panorama Lido Empress Upper Main Riviera

Cat.

"PT"

"4J"

"4H"

"4F"

"4E"

"4D"

"4C"

"4B"

"4A"

Interior

Twin beds that convert to king, television, private bath with shower, safe, mini bar, phone, television, sitting area with chair, hair dryer.

Avg sq ft cabin: 185

Category 4J has obstructed view window

On Decks: Panorama Lido Verandah Empress Upper Main Riviera

What ship?? If its a ship with a balcony category, you can get a cabin with only one bunk, one convertible sofa and two twins. Which ship make a difference. Also, on Triumph category ship and larger the OVs are the largest cabins other than suites, larger inside than a balcony.

Id get two cabins that connect, for the most space. Two connecting cabins will be much cheaper than a suits and have as much if not more space (depending again on the ship). Maybe I missed which ship you are asking about?

I was thinking about that, but then i was looking at the ship (glory) decks and there is some balconys that have 1 king size that could be put into 2 singles along with 1 bunk bed and a sofa... I amall good for taking the sofa but just want there to be enough room for 4 chicks to do what chicks do!!!

Oh I see you are talking the Glory, sorry.

The convertible sofa, is the exact same size as a twin bed. The pillows come off the back and you sleep in it same as a regular bed. ... as long as one person is ok with the bunk thats a good choice.

Two balconys you can remove the divider.

The OVs are 220 s.f. for more space inside than a balcony.

Hey all... I just have one question for all my cruisers out there. Me and 3 other friends ore going on a bday cruise, I was just wondering what would be the best kind of suite or room for all 4 of us to share? Thanks!

It truly depends on the ship.

We sailed as a family of four for years before our oldest went to college.

We have stayed in an OV or interior on all but one of the Fantasy class ships and have been comfortable....even though oldest son is 6' 4".

Spirit class...the interiors are to small for more than two (in my humble opinion) ...however what used to be a 5A on the Spirit class like 4194 (don't know what they are now since the new classifications) would be perfect.

Just one upper....couch is a single bed that is comfy and two singles....

The Conquest class....I would not go smaller than an OV.

Guest bahamamama1
Oh I see you are talking the Glory, sorry.

The convertible sofa, is the exact same size as a twin bed. The pillows come off the back and you sleep in it same as a regular bed. ... as long as one person is ok with the bunk thats a good choice.

Two balconys you can remove the divider.

The OVs are 220 s.f. for more space inside than a balcony.

this sounds like a very good idea

Cat.

"GS" Penthouse Suite

Now called Grand Suite. Twin beds that convert to king, large private balcony, sitting area with 2-armchairs and coffee table, desk, double sofa bed, dressing area with vanity, walk-in closet, safe, refrigerator, mini bar, private bath with whirlpool tub and shower, phone, television, hair dryer.

Avg sq ft cabin: 345 Balcony: 85

On Decks: Empress

Cat.

"OS"

"JS"

Suite

Now called Ocean Suite. Twin beds that convert to king, large balcony, sitting area with armchair and coffee table, sofa, dressing area with vanity, 2 large closets, wall safe, refrigerator, mini bar, private bath with whirlpool tub and shower, phone, television, hair dryer.

Avg sq ft cabin: 275 Balcony: 65

Cabins 9205 and 9206 have standard size balconies.

On Decks: Lido Empress

Cat.

"9B"

"9C"

Premium Balcony

Twin beds that convert to king, wrap around balcony, private bath with shower, mini bar, safe, phone, television, sitting area with chair and coffee table, sofa, hair dryer.

Avg sq ft cabin: 185 Balcony: 75

On Decks: Verandah Empress Upper

Cat.

"8N"

"8M"

"8F"

"8E"

"8D"

"8C"

"8B"

"8A"

Balcony

Twin beds that convert to king, balcony, private bath with shower, closet, safe, mini bar, phone, television, sitting area with sofa/chair and coffee table, hair dryer.

Avg sq ft cabin: 185 Balcony: 35

Some balconies extended to 60 square feet or more.

On Decks: Panorama Lido Verandah Empress Upper

Cat.

"6E"

"6D"

"6C"

"6B"

"6A"

Oceanview

Twin beds that convert to king, picture window, television, private bath with shower, safe, mini bar, phone, television, sitting area, sofa, hair dryer. Category 6E has floor to ceiling window.

Avg sq ft cabin: 220

On Decks: Spa Panorama Lido Empress Upper Main Riviera

Cat.

"PT"

"4J"

"4H"

"4F"

"4E"

"4D"

"4C"

"4B"

"4A"

Interior

Twin beds that convert to king, television, private bath with shower, safe, mini bar, phone, television, sitting area with chair, hair dryer.

Avg sq ft cabin: 185

Category 4J has obstructed view window

On Decks: Panorama Lido Verandah Empress Upper Main Riviera

Thank you..:)

I knew that there were more than "only 2 options" as previously mentioned.:rolleyes:

Im a guy and all the waiting for my GF to get ready How are 4 'chicks' going to be able to use the one bathroom to get ready for formal nights

I vote for getting connecting cabins or if you do balcony next to each other and open the connector

you get the same size as a suite but you get 2 bathrooms

....................... Oh yeah and do u guys really think it is cheaper to get 2 rooms even if I don't get a Suite??

Sometimes it is, sometimes it isn't. Just price it out. ;)

Im a guy and all the waiting for my GF to get ready How are 4 'chicks' going to be able to use the one bathroom to get ready for formal nights

I vote for getting connecting cabins or if you do balcony next to each other and open the connector

you get the same size as a suite but you get 2 bathrooms

If they decide on one cabin/one bathroom they probably do what my family has done. Only bathroom 'duties' get done in the bathroom. All primping gets done outside the bathroom.

The bigger question is not the bathroom issue but the outlet issue.

There is only one outlet in each stateroom.

Sometimes it is, sometimes it isn't. Just price it out. ;)

If they decide on one cabin/one bathroom they probably do what my family has done. Only bathroom 'duties' get done in the bathroom. All primping gets done outside the bathroom.

The bigger question is not the bathroom issue but the outlet issue.

There is only one outlet in each stateroom.

Gotta LOVE a "power strip"....... problem solved !

Even with a 6outlet strip, counting 4 blowdryers and 4 curling irons and............well, it's just another thing to consider (don't say you weren't warned.;) :p) Just might want to count up the appliances before you make your decision.

Have fun on your cruise! It's always fun to plan these things!

Archived