Drinking in the adult spa?

mrintegra

On my last Carnival cruise (Jan 09) during the mid part of the cruise they started banning alcohol drinks from the adult spa area. I'm curious if Carnival is still enforcing this policy? I've taken numerous cruise on a variety of line including 2 times on carnival and it was never a problem.

Yes they are. A passenger went into the spa while I was sitting in the adjacent one with a bottle of Bud and security promptly told him that he could not have the bottle while there. He promptly rolled the partially full bottle of beer to the security guard ( spilling the contents on the tile) to let him dispose of it.

Wanna know what I was thinking about this passenger? :eek:

Yes they are. A passenger went into the spa while I was sitting in the adjacent one with a bottle of Bud and security promptly told him that he could not have the bottle while there. He promptly rolled the partially full bottle of beer to the security guard ( spilling the contents on the tile) to let him dispose of it.

That guy is just a jerk and probably ruined it for the rest of us.

What a punk and waste of money

I would have just slammed the beer and problem solvedsmiley2321.gif

That was kind of rude.

I agree.

Then again, it's Carnivals fault the weather cancelled his Jan 06 cruise...so I guess a response like that isn't so unexpected.

2ports,

You weren't by any chance the guy in the Spa were you? :rolleyes: And I'd like to know what your aquatic certifications have to do with the policies of the cruise line?

I personally feel that you can have your drink and then get in the hot tub. Isn't it recommended that you only spend 15 minutes in the hot tub? Plus if you get out to have a drink once in awhile somebody else can get in.:rolleyes: I see a safety issue with any type a glass in the pool or hot tubs.

I personally feel that you can have your drink and then get in the hot tub. Isn't it recommended that you only spend 15 minutes in the hot tub? Plus if you get out to have a drink once in awhile somebody else can get in.:rolleyes: I see a safety issue with any type a glass in the pool or hot tubs.

What if it is in a plastic cup?

I'm willing to bet this is more of an issue with drinks being spilled in the tub. What would the safety issue be if there is no glass involved? I can see glass being a problem, as well as contents of a drink dumped in the tub.

Safety is a cover story.

I think they do it because of the safety issues...Alcohol causes your blood vessels expand and thins your blood which increases your body temperature, as does soaking in a hot tub. Alcohol in your bloodstream and using a hot tub at the same time creates a combined effect that can be dangerous. Your body temperature may accelerate to dangerous levels quickly. The alcohol may cause nausea, dizziness or lightheadedness. The danger of combined alcohol consumption and hot tub use is drowning due to loss of consciousness, heart attack or injury due to passing out and falling.

While the hot tubs on the ships may not be overly hot, combine the water temperature with the use of alcohol and your body temperature might get to high and cause you to pass out and cause harm or death to yourself. I think they are just trying to prevent injury and lawsuits! JMO :)

I think they do it because of the safety issues...Alcohol causes your blood vessels expand and thins your blood which increases your body temperature, as does soaking in a hot tub. Alcohol in your bloodstream and using a hot tub at the same time creates a combined effect that can be dangerous. Your body temperature may accelerate to dangerous levels quickly. The alcohol may cause nausea, dizziness or lightheadedness. The danger of combined alcohol consumption and hot tub use is drowning due to loss of consciousness, heart attack or injury due to passing out and falling.

While the hot tubs on the ships may not be overly hot, combine the water temperature with the use of alcohol and your body temperature might get to high and cause you to pass out and cause harm or death to yourself. I think they are just trying to prevent injury and lawsuits! JMO :)

The only thing I can think of is that Carnival had an incident and now they don't allow it.......because as another poster mentioned Princess will serve you in their hot tubs........

Hey Canadian mommy of 2, I think you have hit the nail on the head with that answer. They are covering there butts from Lawsuits. I have also heard that if you appear too drunk they will freeze your SailandSign card to keep you from the next drink.

I think Canadian Mommy is right too. When we lived in MN there was a hot tub, and it was posted for safety reasons, that the spa or hot tub and achohol don't mix. Of course I know of very few public or privately owned pools that allow glass bottles in the pool areas too. Glass being clear, and once broken hard to see. And yes I think the guy who poured out his beer, was being a real jerk.

Archived