Caribbean Weather in November ?

JamesOceanVillage

Hello,

Has anyone who has sailed in the Caribbean in November/December please tell me what the conditions are like?? Also can anyone compare this time to March/April ??

Much appreciated,

James Shaw

James we returned two weeks ago and had the best weather ever of our 20 or so Caribbean cruises. March is OK but it starts to get a bit sticky in April.

Regards

Cb

You can still have hurricanes up until Nov 30th. We sailed over Thanksgiving once during a hurricane.

March and April are usually hotter compared to November/December. I have sailed a lot in Nov/Dec and also in April and I have had more rain in Nov/Dec and cooler days and also some very hot April cruises.

Though - I wouldn't hesitate to sail any of these times again in the future.

Thank You, So it isnt heavy rain everyday?, also I want to travel the Southern Caribbean isnt that more wet and hot ??
In the tropics, you can have one big cloud over you and get 1/2" of rain, and 10 minutes later, it's sunny. Unless it's a major weather system, such as a hurricane, it usually doesn't rain all day.

The temperatures don't vary that much from month-to-month nor from north to south. The biggest difference is the humidity which makes it feel a lot hotter.

http://www.princess.com/customer_care/faqs/pre_cruise/weather.html

We have sailed to the Caribbean in both Nov/Dec and March/April. Temperature was similar. Seas have seemed to be a little rougher leaving FL in Nov/Dec, but nothing horrible. Have always found sun during both times. Nov is the end of hurricane season so there is always a risk of having one of those.

Tim

Thank You, So it isnt heavy rain everyday?, also I want to travel the Southern Caribbean isnt that more wet and hot ??

I should have pointed out that if your cruise goes to the West Caribbean, Panama, Mexico etc. Then it can be iffy, we and friends have experienced

below par weather in that region around November, December time.

regards

Cb

Archived