Changing to MTD on board? Or will MTD be full?

wg6530

We'd like a table for 2 for our anniversary cruise, and we have placed our request. If we don't get the table we want in traditional dining, will we be able to switch to MTD on embarkation day? Or is MTD likely to already be full? We are sailing IOS 9 nights in Feb 2010 if that changes the answer.

We'd like a table for 2 for our anniversary cruise, and we have placed our request. If we don't get the table we want in traditional dining, will we be able to switch to MTD on embarkation day? Or is MTD likely to already be full? We are sailing IOS 9 nights in Feb 2010 if that changes the answer.

I believe that they hold back a certain amount of space in MTD for people who don't book until they board, but if you don't want to run the risk of being denied a table in MTD, you should probably book in advance. There seem to be quite a few tables for two in the MTD section of the dining room, so you would have your best chance of getting what you want by booking MTD. You can usually get the same service staff if you want and you will have the advantage of having flexibility in your choice of dining times.

On my recent Radiance cruise, I requested a table for 2. We looked at the table upon boarding and found it to be a 4-top. Initially no one else was scheduled to sit there but, of course, that changed. We ate there the first night. On day two, we changed over to MTD. There was no problem.

Because we changed so late, we could only get in to eat at 7:30, which turned out to be perfect for us.

Archived