150 Central Park

shaynasmom

Hello all -

I was wondering what we could expect from dinning at 150 Central Park..... what is the food, wine, atmosphere etc like....

Thanks.

We did not do wine so can't help you out there. Food / service was fabulous. Very upscale. Atmosphere is good. Portions are "small plates" but we were definitely full with the 6 courses. We truly enjoyed it. However, if anyone in your party is a picky eater it might be a problem. It is a set menu and no choices. Apparently there are two different "menus". They do one menu for two nights then the other menu for two nights, etc. Very different but delicious food. They do ask if you have any allergies and can modify a dish if needed due to food allergies.

food was great! the menu the night i went was:

Panna Cotta (Caviar and Savory Tuile)

Tomato Tart Tartin (Roasted Beefsteak Tomato, Goat cheese Mousse, Melted Onions, Puff Pastry, Herb Pesto, Chive oil)

Gnocchi with Chanterelles (candied bacon, veal butter and marsala foam) MY FAVORITE

Butter Poached Lobster (Melted and fried leeks, crispy potato, vanilla port gloss)

Braised Beef Short Rib (Boursin potato puree, root vegetables, parsnip chip) SECOND FAVORITE

Banana split (Roasted banana ice cream, white chocolate banana crepe, tipsy cherry, pineapple bubbles)

i got the 55 dollar wine pairing, which complemented the food in a way i have never experienced and is hard to describe. well worth it if you've never done something like that before. it was a lot of wine, so i'd recommend sharing the six full glasses of wine with your dinner companion, unless you have a high alcohol tolerance.

our waiter was Darko, and he was excellent at describing the wine and food. friends of ours went who didn't have Darko and got no information about the wines. Darko even wrote out the wine list for me. they should have it printed out like the menu.

enjoy!

Darko is really a great guy! We´ve peeked into 150 Central Park to take photos and I started a conversation. I´ve realized his accent and asked him where he´s coming from (Croatia). Actually it turned out that he was born in Germany and still speaks a little German. So when we returned the next day for my Reporter At Sea video we "hired" him as actor and asked him to give a short comment in German :D. It was really fun!

steamboats

If your idea of a good park is larger and more organised events being held, then sure.If your opinions aren't strongly weighted towards those events though, I don't see how they are supposed to be in a separate league.the main differences are vegetation and weather. to say they're not in the same "league" is retarded golden gate park has real facilities for sports. central park does not golden gate park is right next to the pacific coast.central park is surrounded by buildings has the conservatory of flowers, a heard of freaking Bison,over 1 million trees,Japanese tea garden, museums,10,000 seat stadium, etc etc etc its also bigger than central park one thing thats sick about central park tho is that it gets snow in the winter, must look bad ass.

Hello all -

I was wondering what we could expect from dinning at 150 Central Park..... what is the food, wine, atmosphere etc like....

Thanks.

If you got to my slideshow....the first restaurant pixs you come across are of 150 Central Park. Pix 6-9 are all of this restaurant.

http://travel.webshots.com/slideshow/575963400quJGYb

food was great! the menu the night i went was:

Panna Cotta (Caviar and Savory Tuile)

Tomato Tart Tartin (Roasted Beefsteak Tomato, Goat cheese Mousse, Melted Onions, Puff Pastry, Herb Pesto, Chive oil)

Gnocchi with Chanterelles (candied bacon, veal butter and marsala foam) MY FAVORITE

Butter Poached Lobster (Melted and fried leeks, crispy potato, vanilla port gloss)

Braised Beef Short Rib (Boursin potato puree, root vegetables, parsnip chip) SECOND FAVORITE

Banana split (Roasted banana ice cream, white chocolate banana crepe, tipsy cherry, pineapple bubbles)

i got the 55 dollar wine pairing, which complemented the food in a way i have never experienced and is hard to describe. well worth it if you've never done something like that before. it was a lot of wine, so i'd recommend sharing the six full glasses of wine with your dinner companion, unless you have a high alcohol tolerance.

our waiter was Darko, and he was excellent at describing the wine and food. friends of ours went who didn't have Darko and got no information about the wines. Darko even wrote out the wine list for me. they should have it printed out like the menu.

enjoy!

We had the other menu:

Cream of Sunchoke (Parmesan Froth and Fresh Chive) : Yummmy!!!

Seared Sea Scallop (Citrus Potato Puree, Sauteed Spinach, Crispy Bacon, Veal Reduction, Herbed Citrus) Delicious and they were able to prepare also without the scallop as Mr. Ski is allergic to scallops

Trio of Beet Salad (Pickled, Roasted and Chilled Arugula, Goat Cheese, Candy Walnut Dust) Even Mr. Ski enjoyed this course and he doesn't do beets!

Cube of Halibut (Red Onion, Fennel Confit, Buter Pastry, Spiced Mandarin Emulsion) Very nice.

Wagyu Strip Steak (Celery Root Cream, ****ake Bacon, Red Wine Demi glace, Chive oil) Very, very tasty. The only thing about this is they don't ask how you want it prepared. I prefer my meat well done like shoe leather! LOL! But I just closed my eyes (and along with the nice dark atmosphere) and it was just fine. Very delicious!

Banana Split (same dessert as listed above) Very, very yummy!

Archived