Did you see SeaDream in Top 10 in Conde Naste?

alexandra cruiser

While in Top 10, it only revceived total of 87,do you think its fair grade?Will be my first cruise in June and wonder why not higher?

Polls for cruises, just as political polls, can say many things. SeaDream is not for everybody. SD loses points in the various polls for having no entertainment to speak of .They also lose points for no childrens facilities at all. I have seen polls that rate SD lower on shore excursions. SD usually rates at or near the top in food, service, and ambience but lower in staterooms and the ever popular "passenger space ratio". I, for one, will never darken the door of the Oasis of the Seas or others of her type even if they were to win every poll out there but that's just one old sailor's opinion of polls.:eek:

I agree with Jim. They are marked down becasue the cabins are not huge and there are no balconies, and few on board amenities, other than the one that matters . . . impeciable service and incredible food.

If you want huge cabins, fancy night time entertainment, etc. then SD is not for you but if you want the yachting life . . . there is none better.

Hey, at least they gave the best marks for SeaDream in food category, said best at sea. Looking forward to making my own opinion in June. But, still feel score low compared to others listed...esp. for newbies like myself who sometimes try to use scores to get some idea of next ship to take.I appreciate all those who take the time to participate in this forum.Really helps to get more informed opinions.....And Merry Xmas to all reading this today.......and many more cruises:) on SD in New Year...............:):)

Archived