Whooo Hooo, I got my ship on a stick!!

dvrdude

YEAH you!!!

We have plenty of them at home as well. I think we have brought one home from about every cruise we ahve been on. Last year my son finally got one so we each now have bragging rights to at least one. All won very differently. They are fun to collect.

BTW a ship on a stick is a 24k plastic ship trophy. You can win them many times during your cruise.

I must have been on at least 10 Carnival cruises, and I never won a ship on a stick :( My dad won it before, I think in a poker tournament. I leave on Saturday for another cruise, so I'm going to do my hardest to get a ship on a stick.

Since I'll be traveling with a cast on my wrist, do you think I can get one just for sympathy points? lol

I have always wanted one :0( And on our last cruise 2 of my sons ages 2 and 6 each won one from being on stage during one of the acts I was so jealous and then some old couple stole one of them :mad: my son was so upset he told everyone and then one showed up outside our room one night:rolleyes: so he got one back!! So if you get one hang on to it some people want it more than others!!

April

Congrats! I mighty proud of you! Yes, tell us how you won your coveted 24 karet gold, plastic, piece of ship on a stick? I'm lucky enough to have several of 'em, that I've received for doing the talent show, and the "Legends" show. GREAT fun.

"SKY"

And, I must say, it looks pretty good in my cruise memorabelia case! Nice bonus to my first Carnival cruise.

We are the proud owners of not one, but two ships on a stick from The Splendor. Display yours proudly, it will always bring you a smile and happy memories!

Okay, I have to ask: what is a ship on a stick and how do you get one?:confused:

It a major award!!

It's laughingly and lovingly referred to as a '24 kt gold, solid plastic piece of ship on a stick'...

2801517745_0a510ac0e2.jpg

:)

You get them for winning various competitions on board Carnival ships...

It a major award!!

It's laughingly and lovingly referred to as a '24 kt gold, solid plastic piece of ship on a stick'...

You get them for winning various competitions on board Carnival ships...

After reading all of these posts I will definitely try to win one in 2011. That should be enough time to fertilize my chest:D.

A bit off subject but to win the hairiest chest contest you really dont need to be the hairiest just win the crowd over with your stunning personality and you can be a shoe in. This is coming from a 2 time judge as well as watching many contests before.

A bit off subject but to win the hairiest chest contest you really dont need to be the hairiest just win the crowd over with your stunning personality and you can be a shoe in. This is coming from a 2 time judge as well as watching many contests before.

I have the personality of a pet rock, so I'd better fertilize:rolleyes:.

I won the Black Jack tourney!! Carnival Miracle-Nov 20th sailing out of Lauderdale. The trophy and the $500 netted me exactly $500, but it is nice to have that gleaming ship in the case. BTW, it was our first CCL, (We usually sail HAL) and we both LOVED it. We'll be back! ;)

Jim

Miracle of miracles, I managed to win not just one, but TWO glorious ships on sticks on my first cruise! My aunt is a long-time cruiser who has a ship on a stick from every cruise she's taken, so of course the first one I won (for playing Text Twist) went straight to her. But later that day, I embarrassed myself by revealing my almost-encyclopedic knowledge of '90s music trivia to win one for myself as well! Oh, how magnificent it looks on my mantel, and not cheap or tacky at all. It's klassy! ;-)

We just returned from the Dream and they only had the ship as larger prizes. The gentleman running one of the trivia games said you now had to exchange three medals for a ship on a stick. He stated that too many people were commenting on Cruise Critic in their reviews that Carnival had no activities. They based it on people winning a ship quickly and then not participating in any more activities and then being negative of what there was to do. By the time I got my three medals to trade in the line was so long at guest services (it was on Friday) that we never did exchange them.

Archived