Questions on miami city tour

CanWeGoYet?

We are going to have a full free day prior to our cruise from miami in march, and I am trying to get ideas for things to do. We'd like to see a bit of miami and and I don't want to be driving there, trying to find my way around. We are going to be at the Best Western on the Bay - so not like we are in south beach and could just walk around.

Has anyone tried the city tours offered through the hotels? I know some tours offer pick up, just wondering about the quality of the tour offered. I would want to do the miami city tour, not sure about seeing the everglades or doing the bay tour. Also are hotel pick ups offered at different times or only around 9AM? I have thought about booking directly with one tour operator I've seen good reviews for, but in case our flight gets delayed & we get in late that night- I would hate to be out the $ if we could not make the pick up time in the AM.

The bus across the street from the Best Western is $2.00 and goes to South Beach and Lincoln Road (about 40 minutes in moderate traffic). If I were you, I would have lunch on Lincoln Road and stroll South Beach. Don't forget a swimsuit and a towel.

Thanks for the advice & suggestions, Flaham and Blue Heron. The beach I'm sure is beautiful, but I did want to see a bit more of miami. Which is why I was thinking of a tour. I was there at the beginning of the month pre & post cruise - my friend decided we had to stay at Lowe's based on the BW on the bay feedback. Anyway the whole south beach at night scene is not my thing, not being a local or knowing which place is decent to have dinner at or a good place for dancing. Plus I'm not really a big beach fan.

Archived