12/14/09 Celebrity Equinox 10 night Caribbean photos AQ class 1601

WehoAtlantis

I agree with you on everything and especially on the niceness of the passengers. I don't have a huge cruise history, but this was by far the most diverse (age and nationality) and pleasant bunch we've encountered in 4 sailings. Everyone seemed to have a good time.

Great pictures! You have photos of the 2 mega-yachts that we were docked near in St. Thomas and Barbados. I googled the one we were right behind in Barbados and it is owned by Paul Allen...can't remember the name of the gorgeous one we were next to in St. Thomas though.

Those are amazing photos! Thanks for posting!

Will you be writing a review? I am especially wondering what you thought about 1601 - was the larger balcony much better ? Was tehre any sunshine or usually shaded by the overhang? Did the overhang block the view of the sky and if so did that bother you? Did you have ANY noise issues early in the morning or late at night from chairs moving on the deck above? Blu- did you love the food there?

It looks like you really enjoyed all the ports and luckily had beautiful weather!

Thank you for sharing!

Hi all and thanks for stopping by. I always enjoy when someone else has detailed photos of the ship and cabin etc. I will be writing a detailed review and it should be up in a couple of weeks. To answer a few of the questions, the balcony was well worth it. It did not block the view and depending on where we were, the sun was able to shine. It was not noisy at all above us because that was the Aqua Spa Cafe. If we wanted to lay out and tan in the sun we simply went to the pool or sun deck. To be honest, we liked the shadiness of the balcony because we could see and not be blinded. In addition, it brought a peace and quiet to the room which is exactly what Aqua Class is supposed to be. Moreover, we tanned on some of the best beaches in the world and I have been to many. We got sunburnt so we could not lay out much and the shade on the balcony helped with the burn. Blu was wonderful. The food and service was first class and the menu changed every day. We did not dine in the dining room once. More to come...

--Mike:)

Hi all and thanks for stopping by. I always enjoy when someone else has detailed photos of the ship and cabin etc. I will be writing a detailed review and it should be up in a couple of weeks. To answer a few of the questions, the balcony was well worth it. It did not block the view and depending on where we were, the sun was able to shine. It was not noisy at all above us because that was the Aqua Spa Cafe. If we wanted to lay out and tan in the sun we simply went to the pool or sun deck. To be honest, we liked the shadiness of the balcony because we could see and not be blinded. In addition, it brought a peace and quiet to the room which is exactly what Aqua Class is supposed to be. Moreover, we tanned on some of the best beaches in the world and I have been to many. We got sunburnt so we could not lay out much and the shade on the balcony helped with the burn. Blu was wonderful. The food and service was first class and the menu changed every day. We did not dine in the dining room once. More to come...

--Mike:)

Hi Mike! Funny, based on your pictures, we were in the relaxation area with you! I only wish we had an opportunity to connect and talk with one another. :)

We loved the Aqua Class on this ship and BLU was absolutely wonderful. Of course, Zafar was the best! We had never cruised with Celebrity before, so we're anxious to cruise on this ship again. We loved the Michael's Club and the piano player. I will also be writing a review. Thanks for all the wonderful photos!

Thanks for the detailed pics; they are wonderful.

We're in AquaClass in the spring, and have heard just the teeniest bit about AQ showers...and your photos simply lead to more questions. Some of them are innocent enough (i.e. I sure hope the water doesn't come blasting out ice cold in all sorts of delicate areas of the ole bod) and some downright curious (i.e. just exactly how DOES that shower operate?).

We can hardly wait for both your answers and the cruise itself.

Alan

Hi Alan, the shower works just like a regular one when you turn the handle to the right (counter clockwise). When you turn the handle to the left, the body jets turn on along with the top. Best shower we have ever had on a cruise ship. Best bathroom for that matter.

Mike

Makes me wish we did not have to wait for 1610 on the Eclipse in Nov. Really apprecaite you taking such good photos and sharing, we think AQ will be the only way to go.

Do you think you could do a 10+ day in this cabin and be comfortable or would you step up to a suite? We are so excited for AQ room and will need to plan another cruise in a few months. Was the shower comfortable enough to turn around?

Appreciate your opinion.

Seadeck2

Makes me wish we did not have to wait for 1610 on the Eclipse in Nov. Really apprecaite you taking such good photos and sharing, we think AQ will be the only way to go.

Do you think you could do a 10+ day in this cabin and be comfortable or would you step up to a suite? We are so excited for AQ room and will need to plan another cruise in a few months. Was the shower comfortable enough to turn around?

Appreciate your opinion.

Seadeck2

Seadeck2: We were on a 10-night cruise on the Equinox and the storage was just adequate. Most of the storage was located in cubes above the bed. The cabins for AQ and CC are identical in size and are close to a "D" cabin size on RCCL. There are always plusses and minuses when booking a cruise, and the nice part about AQUA class is that you are already booked into BLU restaurant which is a BIG plus! If you are in a suite, you'll have to make reservations and hope that there is room available and pay a $5.00 charge. Pack well and you'll grow to love the AQUA class cabin. :)

The shower doors are rounded so there is adequate room to turn around, but, it is possible that it would be difficult for someone who is very large.

any suggestions on tours for Phillpsbur, St. Maarten or Roseau, Dominica we will be there in March on the Equniox.

Also what nights where formal nights??

thanks.

On Dominica we had a great time with Beno Pascal. He's a great tour guide and will set up any sort of customized tour you want: http://www.benonaturetours.com/

For me, St. Maarten is a beach island. Every time we've gone we've spent the majority of the day on Orient Beach and loved every minute of it.

Since we did not do any tours and went on our own, I will let fellow members list their suggestions for excursions etc. I know that the tour of the island rainforests and waterfalls on Dominica was great according to a friend of mine on the same cruise. Probably a must to book something there because there is not much to do but walk around. Formal nights were day 2 and 9.

Mike

Awesome photos. We have a reservation for 1606 and we can't wait!

In 1606 twice. Nice cabin;however, you might hear some sounds from above while on your balcony. Balcony, if not the largest is among the largest. It is our favorite cabin in AQ.

In 1606 twice. Nice cabin;however, you might hear some sounds from above while on your balcony. Balcony, if not the largest is among the largest. It is our favorite cabin in AQ.

Do you have any cabin photos posted anwhere on the web? I also get confused about whehter the bed is on near the balcony or the bathroom. One chart I saw mentioned that it was near the bath. I wonder if things like that will be consistent between the Solstice, Equinox and Eclipse.

I was initially thinking about 1624 to avoid the potential for noise, but I think the larger balcony will be adequate compensation? What types of noise did you hear? Based on photos I have seen of the exterior, it looks like Resort Deck 12 has walls/windows on that side so I wouldn't anticipate things coming over and down on us, but I could aniticpate cleaning and furniture moving noises.

Do you have any cabin photos posted anwhere on the web? I also get confused about whehter the bed is on near the balcony or the bathroom. One chart I saw mentioned that it was near the bath. I wonder if things like that will be consistent between the Solstice, Equinox and Eclipse.

I was initially thinking about 1624 to avoid the potential for noise, but I think the larger balcony will be adequate compensation? What types of noise did you hear? Based on photos I have seen of the exterior, it looks like Resort Deck 12 has walls/windows on that side so I wouldn't anticipate things coming over and down on us, but I could aniticpate cleaning and furniture moving noises.

Sorry,no photos. The bed is next to the closet, near the bathroom. You can hear the band when they play at the late night pool party, but really not bad. Biggest problem was the loud lady in the next cabin who woke us up at 5:00 AM when she stood on her balcony and read the information from the AQ booklet in a VERY loud voice. Partially our fault, I guess, since we like to keep the door open and listen to the sea. The second cruise we had quiet neighbors and couldn't hear a thing. The balcony is wonderful-very deep. I'll select this cabin every time. I'll be in 1599 on my Solstice cruise, unless someone surrenders 1606. Balcony in 1599 a bit smaller, but still great.

Archived