Calling all Marines

Socref124

Thought I would just post to bring this back closer to the front page ... takes a while to find! Still planning on booking this cruise while we are on the Conquest on Feb 28th-March 6. If we definitely book, so will DH's brother, USN, Vietnam vet.

Stay warm everyone! It's been cold here in OK, but just a dusting of snow this last round.

Digger, it will be great to have you and your brother join in on all the fun.:D

Thanks Jon. Feelings toward us were a little different when I was in during Nam.:( I actually got spat on while serving in the Presidential Inauguration in '73 for Pres. Nixon.:( Glad things have changed and people appreciate what our men and women in uniform do for us.:)

Sir, I just came across this post today and it made me so sad. I want to tell you that I am so sorry this happened to you. My husband is retired Air Force, so we do thank you and all Veterans for their service. Just a little something that might be of interest, just yesterday I had the honor of meeting three POW's from three different wars that were being honored at a ceremony here in Bradenton. One had spent seven years at the infamous "Hanoi Hilton". What a privilege it was to shake the hand of these men! Here are a couple of links that might be of interest in case anyone would like to read about these men and see the pictures. One site is a lady that her son is a Marine currently deployed. The other site is the American Legion where my husband is the Historian and a member of the Honor Guard. Drew is not finished loading all the pictures to the Post site yet. Again, Thank You All for your service!

www.manateesmilitarymoms.blogspot.com

www.KirbyStewartPost24.org

• 1 month later...

Mike - just wanted to let you know we are now booked on this cruise - Greg & Eileen from Oklahoma! Did you say there would be a Marine Corps birthday cake party and maybe some other activities? Greg was a Navy Corpsman in Vietnam 69-70 with recon. We booked the cruise thru Carnival instead of the CC member cruise. I did post on the other thread as well.

Had a great time on our cruise last week out of Galveston on the Conquest! Looking forward to this cruise!! Never been to Nassau, but we love St. Thomas and St. Maarten!

Former Marine married to a retired Marine here.

We're already set up for Disney World the end of November but will be toasting the birthday in Fredericksburg and thinking of all Marines (& corpsmen) past and present!

Just got back from an awesome trip to Iwo Jima last week....walked the black sand and stood on Mount Suribachi. Trip of a lifetime.

OOH-Rah!!

th_mcl_logo.gifn43861784727_5315.jpgn43861784727_5315.jpgavatar1.gifpatch-1.jpg

th_n43861784727_5315.jpg

Archived