Calling all Marines

Socref124

Guest bahamamama1

Am I wrong here to believe that this woman was way out of line?

I don't think you are wrong at all for owning your feelings.

As far as family, I agree with Lambie. You never know what somebody elses experience might have been.

When OIF first started, I was a member on a website for 3/4 moms wives and girlfriends. I felt especially bad for the wives, because their "other half" was not with them and was in in harms way. Sometimes they were left all alone with no other family or help to care for their kids and handle everything on their own, and most were very young. As far as us Marine moms, we are a tough crowd. I need to go back and find a humerous poem that was circulating @ 03 that talks about the terrorists need to be more scared of us moms and our "wrath" more so then our Marine sons LOL !

We dont want to save your butts just want you to know that we can if needed So you can fight with confidence cause DOC is there no matter what

Hope we can too

Is everyone on this thread booked thru the CC member cruise? I'm thinking about it since I am married to a "Doc", too! This would truly be a surprise for him and an honor to be sailing with the Marines and fellow Corpsmen! Would you have to book thru CC to be a part of the activities planned or would the Marine activities be separate?

Come join us on the Crnival Dream 11-6-2010 and storm the beaches of Nassau, St Thomas and St Maarten:). Host Mach has arrainged for us to hoist the US Marine Corps Flag on the DREAM on 10 Novemeber in honor of the 235th birthday of the United States Marine Corps:D. Get in on the fun of a group cruise and celebrate our beloved Corps 235th birthday. For more information, go to our roll call, Dreamin with the Crazies. Cabin rates are posted on the first page. This will be a Marine Corps Bash to beat all Bashes.

Nice!

Thank you !!!!!!!!!!! Thank all of you who served and sacrificed for us and your country..

God I love Patriotic Threads... It brings out the sentimentalist in me...

If everyone does not mind, I would like to take this topic off on a little detour.....

A little background history. I am a former female marine, turned spouse of a marine.

On my last cruise, the cruise director wanted to honor all the veterans by asking them to stand and have the audience applaud for all their efforts and sacrifices. I thought it was very sweet.

After the show, the cruise director was hanging around the lounge taking questions and some lady decided to barge her way into the line to rip into him for not honoring the family members of servicemen/women. I had to do a double take because I couldn't believe how rude she was being.

Am I wrong here to believe that this woman was way out of line?

Spouses of service men and women do sacrifice while the military member is away from home, however, it is the military member that could give the ultimate sacrifice, not the spouse. In my opinion, the lady was way out of line, but I do not know her specific situation. First of all, I do not know of one member of the Armed Forces that signed up to get a discount or a thank you. When it comes, we are grateful and humble though. Not rude and obnoxious.

Also, if I may correct you. You are not a former Marine. There is no such thing. Once a Marine, always a Marine.:D Semper Fi...

Hi Mike and Laurie!!!

I can't do the DREAM... I'm waiting for Host Randy's Magic, now!!! That'll be my next group cruise... But this one sounds pretty GREAT!!! We're taking Mom on her 85th birthday cruise on January 85...

SEMPER FI!!! Let's all storm these beaches!!!!!!

You will be missed on the DREAM cruise. Give Mom a big Marine Corps hug for me and wish her a happy birthday from a later generation Marine.:)

We're living in the beautiful city of Lakeland, Florida. (halfway between Tampa, and Orlando) I'm really going to try and make this cruise. I just retired, so money is questionable at this time. :eek: I'll see if I can scratch up the bucks to do this cruise, as I'd truly love to meet, and shake the hands of all the rest of you Grunts!

On our last cruise, the CD asked all the Vets to stand one evening in the big show lounge. I was amazed at how few of us there were! We got a BIG round of applause, and it gave us all a really good feeling. Is it worth the sacrifice for our freedom? YOU BET it is!

Ken

"SKY"

Been to Lakeland quite often. I really hope you can make it. We are going to have such a great time and a Marine Corps Bash to boot. Ooooh Rahhhh. When we were in, we never thought of it as a sacrifice. It was just doing our part to give us the right to complain about all the things that are screwed up.:eek:;):D

Hey Mikey,what a wonderful idea:)Makes me that much happier that I am on this cruise, my dad was a marine.

I think,that in this day,with attitudes about our involvement in Afganistan etc.,the servic men/women of our country need more positive expression from the general pop. Just my opinion, and I am glad I will be present for this, I predict a few tears and a whole lot of hugs.

And a few rounds of drinks.:eek: Hi Ya doin Bonnie? You just never know when you will run into a Marine.:D

Thanks to all the Men and Women who serve our country.

Spoke to my Marine today and he will be home tomorrow for a week. Had duty over most of the holidays. Get's off this morning. With a PDS in NOLA who would want to spend New Years Eve anywhere else.

Semper Fi from Corporal Joe K, USMC

Uncle Doug, tell Corporal Joe we appreciate him very much and thank him for keeping the Marine Corps tradition alive and well.:D Semper Fi

Is everyone on this thread booked thru the CC member cruise? I'm thinking about it since I am married to a "Doc", too! This would truly be a surprise for him and an honor to be sailing with the Marines and fellow Corpsmen! Would you have to book thru CC to be a part of the activities planned or would the Marine activities be separate?

Well congrats on being Married to 'DOC' I allready know he's good to you And I think it would be really great if you suprised him

Im not booked on this cruise yet since Im booked on the Thanksgiving Miracle cruise and need to see if the GF wants to switch since she is corporate and takes vacation turkey week annually

I dont think you have to book thru CC but they might have a discount on the pricing so I would ask the OP about it

I'm proud to say that my father was a marine. My father-in-law was a Chief Corpsman who served with the 1st Marine Division all over the Pacific including Guadalcanal, and my husband a Submariner on a boomer.

Thanks to all Marines and Navy Corpsmen who serve our wonderful country. [/b]

Outstanding lineage.:D

Since I am the PIO(public info officer) for Det 1264,Outer Banks League,,I will advise them at next meeting and newsletter. Also my son will be stationed at Cherry point so he will see what he can do. ;)

Outstanding. I hope a lot are able to attend, including active duty Marines. We will have to see about having a cake cutting ceremony with the youngest Marine and oldest Marine in attendance being the cake cutters.:)

I am booked through the cc group and crucon, however, our group would not turn anyone away from any of the activities. The Marine activities would be seperate since everyone on the group cruise aren't Marines or Corpsmen. If you find a better price, go for it, just stay on the roll call so you keep up to date on what will be happening.

Come join us on the Crnival Dream 11-6-2010 and storm the beaches of Nassau, St Thomas and St Maarten:). Host Mach has arrainged for us to hoist the US Marine Corps Flag on the DREAM on 10 Novemeber in honor of the 235th birthday of the United States Marine Corps:D. Get in on the fun of a group cruise and celebrate our beloved Corps 235th birthday. For more information, go to our roll call, Dreamin with the Crazies. Cabin rates are posted on the first page. This will be a Marine Corps Bash to beat all Bashes.

We will be on this cruise as well. We aren't a Marine family however, Air Force and retired Coast Guard. Can't wait!

Guest bahamamama1
Outstanding. I hope a lot are able to attend, including active duty Marines. We will have to see about having a cake cutting ceremony with the youngest Marine and oldest Marine in attendance being the cake cutters.:)

That would be so awesome, just like at the ball !!

We just returned from the Veterans Cruise, and had such a wonderful time. We had our own little Marine Corps Birthday celebration, I ordered a cake and my DH (oldest) & cousin (youngest) cut it. We also had as our special guest Paul Goodyear, a Pearl Harbor Survivor from the the USS Oklahoma. He was the hit of the ship. Google him if you want - Paul Goodyear USS Oklahoma, he has an amazing story. My DH is a 26 year Marine Corps Veteran. I might look into going on this one as a surprise for him.

Semper Fi Mac! I served as an EOD Tech 2336, and in the U.S.M.C. Band, 5547 from 1959 - 1965. This cruise sounds GREAT and I look forward to cruising with my brother Marines, and Corpsman! I always run into a few jarheads when I cruise, as I always have shirts, hats and other clothing with the Marine Corps logo on them, but to cruise with LOTS of brother Marines would be super.

I'll be looking into this one, and let y'all know.

Ken

"SKY"

Hi Ken, my DH was in EOD for almost all of his 26 years in the Marine Corps, he did it for years after he retired, but retired again last year. Where did you go to EOD school? I'm sure he is older than you, but you might have known some of the same people. Maybe we will see you on board.

My husband served in Vietnam & I later lived on Cherry Point with him and our daughter.

Wish we could join you on your special cruise! Have a good one!

Semper Fi.

usmc-eagle.jpg

We were at Cherry Point for almost six years, from 1971 to 1977, I loved it there, it was one of the better duty stations we lived at.

Hi Pat: Graduated from EOD school at Indian Head, Maryland (I think this was the only EOD school,,,at least at that time) on 18-Jan-1963. The only duty station where I was an EOD Tech, was Quantico, Va. (Taught "brown bars" to throw hand grenades, and blew up beaver dams, among other fascinating jobs) :D I look forward to meeting, and talking to your DH. I belong to NATEODA, but haven't had the opportunity to attend any of the conventions yet.

"SKY"

I am booked through the cc group and crucon, however, our group would not turn anyone away from any of the activities. The Marine activities would be seperate since everyone on the group cruise aren't Marines or Corpsmen. If you find a better price, go for it, just stay on the roll call so you keep up to date on what will be happening.

So can retired Army guys attend the bash as well on the cruise? Or is it just for the Marines?

We just returned from the Veterans Cruise, and had such a wonderful time. We had our own little Marine Corps Birthday celebration, I ordered a cake and my DH (oldest) & cousin (youngest) cut it. My DH is a 26 year Marine Corps Veteran. I might look into going on this one as a surprise for him.

We sailed with Texman Al and Peachez on the Freedom and had a blast with them. They are a very nice couple.:) We have a Marine Corps ball here every year and since we will miss it this year, I figured we would have to do someting to keep the tradition.:D

So can retired Army guys attend the bash as well on the cruise? Or is it just for the Marines?

Sure can. Army, Navy, Air Force, Coast Guard & Merchant Marines all can attend if they want.:) Marines don't discriminate. We will show everyone how it's supposed to be done.;)

Hi Pat: Graduated from EOD school at Indian Head, Maryland (I think this was the only EOD school,,,at least at that time) on 18-Jan-1963. The only duty station where I was an EOD Tech, was Quantico, Va. (Taught "brown bars" to throw hand grenades, and blew up beaver dams, among other fascinating jobs) :D I look forward to meeting, and talking to your DH. I belong to NATEODA, but haven't had the opportunity to attend any of the conventions yet.

"SKY"

Hey Ken, we were at Indian Head from April 62 thru October 62, so you two might have crossed paths. My DH said he would like to talk with you. Email me (email in signature) and I'll send you his email. You must not have been in EOD too long if Quantico was your only duty station. You really missed out by not being at 29 Palms. Just kidding, I really loved it there. Walt is a member of IABTI, but not NATEODA. We have been married almost 48 years and EOD has always been part of my life too. Went to Indian Head just a few months after we got married.

We sailed with Texman Al and Peachez on the Freedom and had a blast with them. They are a very nice couple.:) We have a Marine Corps ball here every year and since we will miss it this year, I figured we would have to do someting to keep the tradition.:D

Couldn't have sailed with a more wonderful couple.

Archived