Calling all Marines

Socref124

So can retired Army guys attend the bash as well on the cruise? Or is it just for the Marines?

Sure can. Army, Navy, Air Force, Coast Guard & Merchant Marines all can attend if they want.:) Marines don't discriminate. We will show everyone how it's supposed to be done.;)

Well i dont know about that Why would we want to have Army there they may learn something from the Navy like the Marines did

The most famous photo in military history was a corpsman and a marine We had to show the marine how to stick the flag in the ground

:D

Well i dont know about that Why would we want to have Army there they may learn something from the Navy like the Marines did

The most famous photo in military history was a corpsman and a marine We had to show the marine how to stick the flag in the ground

:D

LOL. I've never actually heard the story that way. Let me pull out my Sands Of Iwo Jima tape and look at it again.:D

LOL. I've never actually heard the story that way. Let me pull out my Sands Of Iwo Jima tape and look at it again.:D

Actually, John Bradley just happened to be at that spot, at that point in time, just like the rest of those heros. He's the only one of the entire group, who survived the island, who went on to lead a relatively normal life after the war. Seems to me, he was also the last to leave us, dieing in 1994 or so. God bless 'em all.

"SKY"

Still haven't booked the cruise,,,,,but I'm going to take a good look today...Hope to join all you jar heads.

Hey guys,,,I just did a little research, and it appears that Harlon Block was #1, and actually placed the end of the flag pole in the ground. John "Doc" Bradley was #2. :D

"SKY"

So Ken, what you are saying is Harlon, the Marine, said hey Doc, help us hoist this Flag.;)

You are right Ken, all those men are true heros in my book too. And I thank God for their service to our country.:)

So Ken, what you are saying is Harlon, the Marine, said hey Doc, help us hoist this Flag.;)

You are right Ken, all those men are true heros in my book too. And I thank God for their service to our country.:)

Actually, Sgt Mike said: "Hey Guys,,,,this flag pole weighs over 100 pounds, and we need all the help we can get to raise it, so all the others can see "Old Glory" flying over this piece of crap island!" Doc Bradley was right there with the Marines, as the Corpsman always were, so he pitched in, as all the Corpsman always did. (I'm a Vietnam vet,,,and I KNOW this is true.) I'm just saying that Doc Bradley didn't stick the end of the pole in the ground. ;)

Ken'

"SKY"

Well Marines and Corpsmen, we will be out of pocket for about 10 days. Leaving tomorrow for Ft Lauderdale where we will be getting aboard the Miracle for a Southern Caribbean cruise. We will pop in when we get back. Hope it warms up for you in your part of paradise. Semper Fi.

Have a GREAT cruise, Mike and Laurie. "Miracle" is my favorite ship, and that itinerary is truly outstanding.

Well, the lovely Mrs. Jones (Vita) and I just book the cruise. Can't wait to see all you leathernecks aboard. Sounds like the perfect place to celebrate our birthday to me. :D

Semper Fi

Ken

"SKY"

Actually, Sgt Mike said: "Hey Guys,,,,this flag pole weighs over 100 pounds, and we need all the help we can get to raise it, so all the others can see "Old Glory" flying over this piece of crap island!" Doc Bradley was right there with the Marines, as the Corpsman always were, so he pitched in, as all the Corpsman always did. (I'm a Vietnam vet,,,and I KNOW this is true.) I'm just saying that Doc Bradley didn't stick the end of the pole in the ground. ;)

Ken'

"SKY"

John was telling Harlon where to put it and making sure he didnt hurt himself as he was right above him in the placement:D

Well Marines and Corpsmen, we will be out of pocket for about 10 days. Leaving tomorrow for Ft Lauderdale where we will be getting aboard the Miracle for a Southern Caribbean cruise. We will pop in when we get back. Hope it warms up for you in your part of paradise. Semper Fi.

Enjoy that was a great Itenarary

In St lucia There is a restaurant in the cove near where the Boat docks that has some great local food

smiley3383.gifDOC

John was telling Harlon where to put it and making sure he didnt hurt himself as he was right above him in the placement:D

LMAO:D And John was there in case of a SNAFU. LOL;) You know what a SNAFU is now don't you?

I guarantee this ship won't be hijacked this cruise . . . :D

Thanks for everything, guys and gals. You can't possibly know how much so many of us fellow Americans appreciate what you do so well, under some of the most difficult circumstances. Well done. :)

LMAO:D And John was there in case of a SNAFU. LOL;) You know what a SNAFU is now don't you?

Oh Yeah Situation Normal AFU

Thanks Doc, we will try to find it.:D

If you look north across the cruise terminal while on the top deck of the ship look about 11 oclock and you will see a little cove with some fishing boats

on the NW side of that litle cove you can see a restaurant It is walking distance if you want to check out St Lucia than have the cab drop you of there

Here is photo from the other direction and the restaurant would be on your right

516795499_StLucia.jpg.efd3b44addfaa1996128020036527cff.jpg

I will have to see about this one. When I was on the Fantasy on this past Veteran's Day, I had them put in the Capers to have a Veteran's get together on the first seaday. We had around 19 vets attend covering WWII, Korea, Vietnam, Panama, and the current wars in the Gulf. Several were surprised that I had setup the BS session.

On my repo on the NCL Spirit Nov 2007, I had the ship make a cake for the USMC birthday. The cruise director agreed to scheduling a Vet's get together. We almost hated to cut into it as they did a great job on it.

spirit-usmc-cake.jpg

Dave (USMC '80-86)

MCL Commiskey-Wheat Detachment 1073

http://www.mcldet1073.org

Oh Yeah Situation Normal AFU

If you look north across the cruise terminal while on the top deck of the ship look about 11 oclock and you will see a little cove with some fishing boats

on the NW side of that litle cove you can see a restaurant It is walking distance if you want to check out St Lucia than have the cab drop you of there

Here is photo from the other direction and the restaurant would be on your right

Thanks Doc, appreciate the directions.:D

I will have to see about this one. When I was on the Fantasy on this past Veteran's Day, I had them put in the Capers to have a Veteran's get together on the first seaday. We had around 19 vets attend covering WWII, Korea, Vietnam, Panama, and the current wars in the Gulf. Several were surprised that I had setup the BS session.

On my repo on the NCL Spirit Nov 2007, I had the ship make a cake for the USMC birthday. The cruise director agreed to scheduling a Vet's get together. We almost hated to cut into it as they did a great job on it.

spirit-usmc-cake.jpg

Dave (USMC '80-86)

MCL Commiskey-Wheat Detachment 1073

www.mcldet1073.org

Nice cake. Hope they will do that on the DREAM for us. Hope you can make it Dave. Host Mach is getting them to do a lot for the veterans and for all the Marines on 10 Nov as well.:D

Yep, we're going to have a "BALL" aboard "Dream". Can't wait to meet y'all, and celebrate our 235th birthday. (Sure hope we don't look that old!) Wish I'd kept at least one set of "Blues". I sold 'em all to another Marine when I got out. Big mistake,,,I'm pretty sure I could still fit into them too! Only a few pounds heavier! :D

Ken

"SKY"

Thought I would just post to bring this back closer to the front page ... takes a while to find! Still planning on booking this cruise while we are on the Conquest on Feb 28th-March 6. If we definitely book, so will DH's brother, USN, Vietnam vet.

Stay warm everyone! It's been cold here in OK, but just a dusting of snow this last round.

Archived