Gaido's Seaside Inn?

39august

Any one ever stayed pre-cruise there? I understand it is quite basic, but clean. They were very friendly over the phone and gave me a cruiser discount. The good news is its next to the restaurant. Looking forward to eating either at Casey's or Gaido's.

It didnt look like anything special to me. OK but not a place I would be seeking out if there are other great deals, like in January.

Here are some pictures I took, it was a overcast day, but you can see the seafood place and the entrace to the hotel and that its a walk up etc. I would stay there if it was cheap.

17645870_Picture001.jpg.79d08890791368079eb4c207725b1cdc.jpg

45386582_Picture002.jpg.da1817cd69f1149bcf4895ab75a21034.jpg

1817508781_Picture003.jpg.f3191d0397a6487014dd37cb80e6e0a4.jpg

Thanks for all the info. I don't care about a view. We won't be arriving till around 6 PM. I just want a clean place to sleep for one night.

I got the Quality Inn and Suites Beachfront for Jan 22 for $45 plus tax. wow. Its $144.95 for my date in Sept. All rooms have a balcony. If I was age 60, it would have only been $40.49!!! I cant believe the January prices.

If you have a chance eat at Casey's or Gaido"s. The main difference is that one has tablecloths, the other doesn't. Same kitchen. The food is fantastic!

Would you want to stay at a place where you can leave your car at no charge while you are on the ship? I would wonder if Gaido's has the space for that.

Have a wonderful cruise!!!

If you have a chance eat at Casey's or Gaido"s. The main difference is that one has tablecloths, the other doesn't. Same kitchen. The food is fantastic!

Would you want to stay at a place where you can leave your car at no charge while you are on the ship? I would wonder if Gaido's has the space for that.

Have a wonderful cruise!!!

Well, somehow my other post disappeared, but what I had said was that we talked to the manager at Casey's last time we ate there and he said that they have two separate kitchens. He was kind of baffled that people thought they used the same kitchen for both. But, I agree, the food is good at either restaurant!

I believe Gaido's does offer free parking, but we are flying this time. I have Gaido's for $44.95 plus tax in Feb. but thanks for the Quality Inn info.

Yep, same price $44.95 (I just rounded it up to $45 for easier posting). Econo Lodge only one cheaper ($39.95, and they also have cruise parking), but there were a ton of hotels in the up to $50 range, surprised. Never saw them this cheap.

:D

Yep, same price $44.95 (I just rounded it up to $45 for easier posting). Econo Lodge only one cheaper ($39.95, and they also have cruise parking), but there were a ton of hotels in the up to $50 range, surprised. Never saw them this cheap.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Galveston is tourist town and it is off season!

Most out of town run of mill contractors are gone.

Traffic that is using the hotel/motels/rentals here now...... are:

1. special events patrons.... as example

Mardi Gras

Grand Opera House Theater Events (see galveston.com)

Weddings

Family reunions

2. convention business

.... there are two top notch convention centers here

Moody Gardens

Galveston Convention Center

3. business travelers

4. cruisers

5. nearer by short term getaway tourists

6. longer term snowbirds

7. contractors that have lasted from the storm (IKE) work

Enjoy the rates while you can!!!! Warm weather Spring will be here before you know it!!!!! :D

hotels.com even had Harbor House for $80. So many good hotels to pick from that were way cheaper than Iv ever seen them before.

Yes, Im too well acquainted with "the storm" you keep referring to. I was on Conquest and parked at EZCruise when Ike hit. I could have been in a accident and gotten it fixed in no time... but Ike ... Allstate had a "team" and wouldnt give me a name to call, we had all our original CDs in the car (I know dumb) and other things we lost, not to mention never saw my car again. Carnival dumped us in New Orleans with one free phone call.

hotels.com even had Harbor House for $80. So many good hotels to pick from that were way cheaper than Iv ever seen them before.

Yes, Im too well acquainted with "the storm" you keep referring to. I was on Conquest and parked at EZCruise when Ike hit. I could have been in a accident and gotten it fixed in no time... but Ike ... Allstate had a "team" and wouldnt give me a name to call, we had all our original CDs in the car (I know dumb) and other things we lost, not to mention never saw my car again. Carnival dumped us in New Orleans with one free phone call.

----------------------------------------------------------------

Trust things are better now for you..... or are they not?

I hope things are better.

Yes, it is a year and three months, and we are about to get our home back in shape, and we are just now starting on the lawn landscaping.

We had a lot of damage.

And for every story like ours here and yours,

there are many we find are worse.

Some are still dealing with even being able to start repairing there homes. Some did not have insurance and will not start over. Some lives were lost. Only memories.

We are thankful for where we are,

even though it has been a h..l of a year.

Well, I guess I was stupid to have bought some oldies on ebay of old timers from Hawaii where I used to live, those are the only CDs that I cant replace, was darn lucky to get them at any cost. I know its not huge, or the garage door opener for my parents garage, no extras, guess we will cross that bridge when we need to, their car has a built in garage opener. It was a huge hassle and not happy with how Carnival handled things, but what can I do.

I know compared to what locals lost, its nadda. I got acquainted with Cindy at EZCruise who was trying to guard our cars from roving tow trucks she said, that Galveston gave permission to pick up our cars ... from her lot!! (and Allstate wasnt getting down there in a timely manner). I just was stressed worrying my car would be impounded. ... and Iv been thru 3 hurricanes when I lived in Florida, but never one where my car was elsewhere and I was helpless to get things done. Im now faithfull to EZCruise for parking. She lost a lot herself, all her vans, the lower part of her house, lots. We talked.

So, its really nice to be getting a good deal on a hotel .... but Im still parking at EZCruise in January lol.

btw I have many memories of Galveston. I was active in Mensa and we went down to rent houses on stilts, like 3 houses and would cook shrimp dinners and walk on the beach and do a long weekend in the spring and fall for years ... and hit the strand on Saturday. Kinda a long time ago I guess, but I know Galveston from way back when I was in my 20s.

Well, I guess I was stupid to have bought some oldies on ebay of old timers from Hawaii where I used to live, those are the only CDs that I cant replace, was darn lucky to get them at any cost. I know its not huge, or the garage door opener for my parents garage, no extras, guess we will cross that bridge when we need to, their car has a built in garage opener. It was a huge hassle and not happy with how Carnival handled things, but what can I do.

I know compared to what locals lost, its nadda. I got acquainted with Cindy at EZCruise who was trying to guard our cars from roving tow trucks she said, that Galveston gave permission to pick up our cars ... from her lot!! (and Allstate wasnt getting down there in a timely manner). I just was stressed worrying my car would be impounded. ... and Iv been thru 3 hurricanes when I lived in Florida, but never one where my car was elsewhere and I was helpless to get things done. Im now faithfull to EZCruise for parking. She lost a lot herself, all her vans, the lower part of her house, lots. We talked.

So, its really nice to be getting a good deal on a hotel .... but Im still parking at EZCruise in January lol.

btw I have many memories of Galveston. I was active in Mensa and we went down to rent houses on stilts, like 3 houses and would cook shrimp dinners and walk on the beach and do a long weekend in the spring and fall for years ... and hit the strand on Saturday. Kinda a long time ago I guess, but I know Galveston from way back when I was in my 20s.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Glad you are coming back and have good memories of Galveston.

We retired here and are staying. We love it here and there are so many things to do here year around.

Archived