Diamond Princess dock Mar 2010 Singapore?

Pistonamazed

I have read it could be the Singapore Cruise Centre, or the Container Ship Pier, because of the ships size. Please advise:)

It will be the container ship terminal. As you state due to the ships size.

It was quite a long bus journey to the center of Singapore which takes time away from ones visit to that port.

I have read it could be the Singapore Cruise Centre, or the Container Ship Pier, because of the ships size. Please advise:)

Container pier.

Too big for the Cruise terminal.

We were on the recent Bangkok to Sydney cruise, and we were at the container terminal.

A shuttle was provided to Orchard Road. Drop off and pick up was the DFS store just around the corner in Scotts Road, however I have heard of other ships having different shuttle arrangements , so it will all depend on what they can arrange for your cruise call.

The crew had their own shuttle, which took them along to the Cruise Terminal.

The three times we've been to Singapore (on smaller ships), we have berthed at the Cruise Terminal.

A good argument for smaller ships - I don't care for far out container ship piers.

More ships are also calling into Singapore now as well.

The day we were there, Legend or Vision of the Seas was at the terminal and Costa Atlantica was alongside us at the container berths. The RCCL ship had an early sailaway, and even as she was leaving the Costa ship dropped its lines and took her place at the terminal.

Just off the diamond in Nov and we were in the container port. We had relatives in Singapore and they picked us up at the DFS store on Orchard Road, which is where all the shuttles drop off the passengers from the Diamond. The container port will not allow access to anyone. Drive in was approximately 20 minutes.;)

No you cannot walk through the container port.

I just checked back on the Princess Patter, and Port Info, for that day.

If returning from the city by Taxi, they drop you off at the port gates and you have to wait to be transported to the ship.

Where the shuttle drops you off at at DFS store, there are lots of taxis waiting , and they are coming and going all day.

I'm so confused. I suspect everyone here has given the correct information, however I just called Princess asking specifically where we will dock in both Singapore & Shanghai(Diamond Princess, March 2010). She said "Singapore Cruise Center". When I challenged her & told her that was contrary to what recent passengers from the Diamond are reporting on CC, she said "Well, that's the information in our system, so that's what I'm supposed to tell you!" I then asked her about our docking location in Shanghai. Again she gave me a different answer from what I've read on CC. Does anyone know the NAMES of the container ports so I can find them on a map and at least have a starting point to plan my travels in these 2 cities? Any help at all would be appreciated, as I'm feeling pretty ignorant & helpless in these 2 ports..... Thanks!

Quoting information from our Princess Patter Nov 26 2009....re Singapore.

Pier name and address

Pasir Pajian no 17.

It is a very busy area. The contaner terminal area here is one of the biggest in the World.

It is a hub port for SE Asia, hence they shuttle you over to Orchard Road.

Quoting information from our Princess Patter Nov 26 2009....re Singapore.

Pier name and address

Pasir Pajian no 17.

It is a very busy area. The contaner terminal area here is one of the biggest in the World.

It is a hub port for SE Asia, hence they shuttle you over to Orchard Road.

• 1 month later...
I'm so confused. I suspect everyone here has given the correct information, however I just called Princess asking specifically where we will dock in both Singapore & Shanghai(Diamond Princess, March 2010). She said "Singapore Cruise Center". When I challenged her & told her that was contrary to what recent passengers from the Diamond are reporting on CC, she said "Well, that's the information in our system, so that's what I'm supposed to tell you!" I then asked her about our docking location in Shanghai. Again she gave me a different answer from what I've read on CC. Does anyone know the NAMES of the container ports so I can find them on a map and at least have a starting point to plan my travels in these 2 cities? Any help at all would be appreciated, as I'm feeling pretty ignorant & helpless in these 2 ports..... Thanks!

I was glad to find out the we would be docked at the "Container Port" in Singapore and could take a taxi to DFS Store. Have you heard anything more about Shanghai? My wife and I have arranged an tour outside of the ship's tour's and will need to tell the driver to pick us up at the DFS store a little later than I thought we would meet him. We are looking for another 1 or 2 couples to join us. The cost is approx $39.00 US dollars per hour (not per person) so 1 other couple would put the cost per couple at appros. $18.00 per couple per hour and the tour guide has said that his van will take up to 3 couples at the same $39.00 US per van so that would approx. $13.00 per hour per couple. I think that the max tour, including lunch, would be 6 hours so that we could get back to the DFS store to catch the shuttle back to the ship. Linda and I have done many of these "off ship" tours and allow much more flexibility as to what we see. We took the ship tours and picked out what we thought would be most interesting from all of them and put together a "new" tour package. Please let me know if you are interested and please let me know if you know anything about the docking at Shanghai.

Bob & Linda

I understand it is the Container Port and we must take a shuttle to the DFS store which seems to be the beginning and ending place for the ship's shuttle from and to the ship. My wife and I will need to contact our tour guide as we have arranged on "off ship" tour. We are looking for 1 or 2 other couples to join us on this tour which was highly recommended by friends that have taken this cruise. The tour cost is $39.00 US per hour, but will take up to 3 couples in the van, so the cost would be approx. $13.00 per couple per hour for an approx. 6 hour tour. We took all the ships tours and picked the places in each that seemed most interesting and made up a "new" tour where we can see much more at a smaller price. Of course we would each pay for lunch and admissions to attractions. Also have a "off ship" tour in Shanghai and are looking for 1 other couple (max. 4 people) at a total of $99.00 per day or approx $50.00 per couple if there are 2 couples. Please let me know if you have heard anything about the port at Shanghai, and, let me know if you might be interested in the tours. My wife and I have taken over 20 cruises with Princess plus other line's and have done many of the "off ship" tours. Bob & Linda (Silverfox1)

Container pier.

Too big for the Cruise terminal.

We were on the recent Bangkok to Sydney cruise, and we were at the container terminal.

A shuttle was provided to Orchard Road. Drop off and pick up was the DFS store just around the corner in Scotts Road, however I have heard of other ships having different shuttle arrangements , so it will all depend on what they can arrange for your cruise call.

The crew had their own shuttle, which took them along to the Cruise Terminal.

David, thank you for such great information on our Singapore port of call. We have friends (actually my DIL's parents) who live there and want to pick us up at the ship. I am going to tell them to meet us by the DFS at Orchard Road by Scotts Road. I'm also going to Google map the location so I can see exactly where that is.

See you on the Floataway!

Archived