Formal night and other dining questions

lrmrtn

We are sailing on Crown Princess in February/March. For formal nights, are the buffets formal as well? Is there anywhere to eat that doesn't require formal attire on those nights?

Also, is Cafe Caribe open everyday or only on certain days/nights?

Thanks!

As I remember Caribe Cafe was open for breakfast along with Horizon Court...serving a limited subset of what was offered in HC.

For lunch, CC was open when there was a specialty lunch such as oriental, etc. I believe HC was also open serving regular fare.

At dinner, HC was closed most nights and CC was open.

Lew

The CC and HC are so informal that shorts and tshirt are acceptable dress. They do limit it to no swim suits, but a coverup works well.

Do not be mislead by the formal requirement. It does not mean tux or suit for men as the only acceptable dress. Men can be as casual as pants, long sleeved shirt and no tie. Most men though will have either a suit on or a sport coat/blazer with or without a tie. I wear pants, long sleeved shirt and usually but not always a blazer without tie. I have never had a problem on any of the ships I have sailed.

Do not rule out the MDR because you do not want to be in "formal" clothes.

Archived