Headroom in Silver Cloud gym

Mickey Monroe

How tight are the ceilings in the Silver Cloud's gym? I'm a relatively tall 6'4" and have already nearly put my head through the roof while on a treadmill. Wrote off cruising on Seabourn's triplets as a result. Can't even stand upright there.

Any similar problems aboard the Cloud?

How tight are the ceilings in the Silver Cloud's gym? I'm a relatively tall 6'4" and have already nearly put my head through the roof while on a treadmill. Wrote off cruising on Seabourn's triplets as a result. Can't even stand upright there.

Any similar problems aboard the Cloud?

Very tight then, at 5'11 on the treadmill on the Cloud I could easily touch the ceiling. The gym is in the former observation lounge that never had high ceilings. On the Shadow and Whisper you would have no problem as their gyms have higher ceilings.

Thanks, Avalon et al It just might work. But -- oh darn -- looks like I'll be compelled to book a cruise just to find out! Such hardships. Happy New Year.

We are booked on the Silver Cloud for July 1-16, 2010 from Copenhagen doing the Norway Coast, fjords, Arctic Circle, etc. I'm 6'2" in height. It looks like it will work and that you've got nice views from this new location for the equipment. It would be better to have taller ceilings, but most cruise ships don't have those 10-12' ceilings. Any other special pro or con factors to be aware of on the Silver Cloud? Appreciate having the visuals. A picture is worth a thousand words.

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

Archived