Has Anyone Tried to Scuba Dive in Kusadasi?

I would contact the dive centers and see what they can propose. Many of the Kusadasi hotels are not far from where the cruise ships dock, so it shouldn't be a hardship to pick you up if the timing works.

May I ask if you've been to Kusadasi before? If not, I strongly suggest that you visit the Ephesus site rather than go diving. They are probably the finest ruins I've visited (and I've seen a lot of them), yet many people don't realize how wonderful and extensive they are until they actually see them.

I would contact the dive centers and see what they can propose. Many of the Kusadasi hotels are not far from where the cruise ships dock, so it shouldn't be a hardship to pick you up if the timing works.

May I ask if you've been to Kusadasi before? If not, I strongly suggest that you visit the Ephesus site rather than go diving. They are probably the finest ruins I've visited (and I've seen a lot of them), yet many people don't realize how wonderful and extensive they are until they actually see them.

Thank you cruisemom for your suggestions. I absolutely agree with you. I am very excited to visit Ephesus and that is what my daughter and I will be doing. I was hoping that there would somehow be time to do both. My husband is not big on sightseeing, although I also think he will find the ruins awe inspiring. He is much more a man of action and my son is working towards becoming a divemaster/instructor. Since I planned this amazing cruise to fulfill my fantasy vacation, I am trying to include at least one dive opportunity to satisfy his idea of a great vacation. I had hoped to do that in Santorini, but from checking out the dive web sights it doesn't seem possible. Before pursuing Kusadasi, I will contact the dive center on Santorini and see if there is any chance of working something out with them. If not, I was hoping they could do a 1/2 day dive and see Ephesus as well. It does complicate things for planning a tour (I would like to spend a full day seeing Ephesus).

Thank you for helping me think this through a little more. Just want to give the whole family a memorable vacation. First time to Europe for all of us. :)

Checked into diving in Santorini. The dive company was very accommodating. Sounds like that will work for a dive for the guys, leaving my daughter and I free to explore the rest of the island on our own. And all of us able to take the awesome Ephesus tour! :)

Checked into diving in Santorini. The dive company was very accommodating. Sounds like that will work for a dive for the guys, leaving my daughter and I free to explore the rest of the island on our own. And all of us able to take the awesome Ephesus tour! :)

Sounds like a great solution; I'm glad it worked out for you!

Sounds great! Santorini is fabulous; spent two port days there in the past year, and would not mind a third one at all.

Enjoy!

When we go to Santorini, we stay in Kamari, and DH- an ex-diver, now just a snorkeller, uses the dive company there. He was very happy with their services, which is 2 yrs ago now. They take the divers to the best spots, but keep an eye on the snorkellers as well. He'd be happy to use them again.- jocap.

Archived