Voyager cabin selection help please

wavebye

I am trying to select cabins for DH, myself, and another couple for our Western Caribbean cruise. Two E1's are available on deck 9 aft, 9390 and 9392, or we can save almost $500 and do one balcony with an inside promenade across the hall more midship near elevators & stairs. Would it be worth the extra money for two balconies? All opinions are greatly appreciated. TIA!

It depends on whats worth more to you in my opinion.. the $500 extra dollars or a balcony. If you tend to spend a decent amount of time in your cabin throughout the cruise then its definitely worth the money. However, if you're just going to be in and out of the cabin every couple of hours then the balcony isn't really worth the money. You'll also have to consider which couple will take the balcony and which couple will take the Promenade view. Having stayed in all of the categories you are debating between, the promenade stateroom is not too bad, but it can get a little cramped. We were in one on Explorer, and the last 2 days on our run back north the seas were quite rough so we spent considerable time in the cabin.. we started to feel like the walls were closing in by the last day.

Hope this helps! ~Mike

I don't know if you have cruised the Voyager class before. The Voyager class does not have many places you can sit inside and see the sea. No windows in the centrum (promanade is lined with stores) to sit and relax and enjoy the view. If this is important (it is to me) you want a cabin with a view. If you enjoy people watching the prom cabin is great. You over look the prom and can sit on your window seat and watch the activity down below. You can watch the parade from you cabin.

Thanks! I have done a Voyager class before, and unlike the Radiance, there really isn't a lot of places to look out, unless we spend a lot of time on deck. This will be the other couple's first cruise and I wanted them to have a great experience. I think my main concern with the cabins on aft was the long walk but ability is not an issue, just inconvenience.

The balcony for 9392 will be larger than that of 9390. The 9390 balcony is triangular with room for only one lounger and 2 chairs. It is totally uncovered except for a wide beam down the middle that you have to duck every time you go out. Also the door to the balcony is a regular door that is half glass as opposed to the all glass sliders in other balcony cabins. 9392 has two loungers and 2 chairs and of course the little table and full glass sliding doors.

Thanks! I have done a Voyager class before, and unlike the Radiance, there really isn't a lot of places to look out, unless we spend a lot of time on deck. This will be the other couple's first cruise and I wanted them to have a great experience. I think my main concern with the cabins on aft was the long walk but ability is not an issue, just inconvenience.

How about the Crown and Anchor Lounge?

Archived