Amazing christmas present

Jody Miller

Hi everyone

My mum and dad surprised me over christmas by giving me a present of a cruise holiday. It's actually a Xmas come birthday present as I am 21 in November this year.

I am meeting up with my American cousin in Miami to cruise on the Emerald Princess on 8th May to cruise around the Caribbean for 16 nights. Neither of us have cruised before and I have a number of questions that some of you may be able to answer.

Will we be able to make friends on board as I don't really know my cousin that well and it would be nice to talk to others over the 16 days? Will there be others our age (I am 20 and my cousin is 21)?.

How fussy are cruises? what should I wear in the evenings at the dinners? Apparently I can only pack 23kgs so I want to make sure I take the right things.

Answers to my questions would be great and I would love yo hear from anyone that is going on the same cruise and perhaps correspond before we sail

Thanks

Jody

Wow, what a great Christmas present. Will your parents adopt me?

Yes, you will have no trouble meeting people on the cruise. Whether you have Traditional or Anytime dining, you can ask to be seated with others. Same at breakfast and lunch if you eat in the diining room. If you eat at the buffet, find a table with empty space and ask if you ca join. On excursions, you will find yourself talking to people sitting near you on the bus or standing next to you at a sight.

Also, join the Roll Call for your cruise. That way you can start to meet your fellow passengers now. Go to the main menu for these boards, and scroll down to Roll Calls. Click on Princess Roll Calls. Then Click on Emerald Princess. Finally find the thread for your sailing.

Take basics -- a black knit dress for formal nights -- change it up with different accessories or shawls. One or two pairs of light weight pants and lots of tops. Get a couple of rolls of quarters and you can do laundry yourself, or pay $25 for a stuffed bag of laundry. (Go with the self service -- doesn't take long and you meet more people!)

JoAnn

What a fabulous gift and I guarantee, by the end of the cruise, you will know your cousin a lot better. People are usually very friendly and you will meet many that you will even want to stay in contact with after the cruise!

Enjoy your cruise! I know you must be very excited!

Hi Jody! Have a great trip! You may have a few skirts right? I would bring a few skirts and mix and match tops with a skirt. I have a cute pair of flip flop sandles that work great with a skirt or a dress. Skirts are easier to pack and are often light. And flip flops weigh little and pack easy. I did that for a 10 day crusie and had lots of room in my suitcase for my husband's suit! I actually pack lighter then he does!!! I hope that helps you out!

Gabrielle

Hi Jody! Have a great trip! You may have a few skirts right? I would bring a few skirts and mix and match tops with a skirt. I have a cute pair of flip flop sandles that work great with a skirt or a dress. Skirts are easier to pack and are often light. And flip flops weigh little and pack easy. I did that for a 10 day crusie and had lots of room in my suitcase for my husband's suit! I actually pack lighter then he does!!! I hope that helps you out!

Gabrielle

Archived