Serenade..chops or portofino and best excursions

We are cruising on Serendade's Jan. 30th cruise to Southern Carib (the one with Tortola, St. Maarten, St. Lucia, St. Johns and Grenada). Just wondering for those who have done this one before what were your favorite things to do/see and best excursions or private tours?

Also, we have never tried Chopps Grille or Portofino before and would like to try one or both...suggestions on what night to do that and which one (or both)..do we need to make reservations ahead of time...how far? Would love to know the nightly menu to help us decide! Thanks for all your help!!

We are cruising on Serendade's Jan. 30th cruise to Southern Carib (the one with Tortola, St. Maarten, St. Lucia, St. Johns and Grenada). Just wondering for those who have done this one before what were your favorite things to do/see and best excursions or private tours?

Also, we have never tried Chopps Grille or Portofino before and would like to try one or both...suggestions on what night to do that and which one (or both)..do we need to make reservations ahead of time...how far? Would love to know the nightly menu to help us decide! Thanks for all your help!!

Are you on our roll call for this sailing? Pop over and have a read. Lots of people have things organized for excursions. In terms of the specialty restaurants, we love them and usually book both. The formal nights are Sunday and Thursday if that helps you decide which nights to go.

We are cruising on Serendade's Jan. 30th cruise to Southern Carib (the one with Tortola, St. Maarten I have been here twice and LOVE Orient Beach. Its a cheap taxi ride, and there are plenty of water activities to any age to enjoy. It is a clothing optional beach, with a nudist camp on one side of the beach, you may see full nude while there, but you could see that just about anywhere on the island since it is a Dutch/French island. There is a TON of information on the port of call boards, which are linked below., St. Lucia We did COSAL tour. By far the best tour we have done. Again check out the link below for more information, St. Johns and Grenada). Just wondering for those who have done this one before what were your favorite things to do/see and best excursions or private tours?

St Marteen http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=93

St Lucia http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=222

Cosal http://www.cosol-tours.com/

Enjoy Your cruise, Serenade is my favorite ship, and the Southern Caribbean is beautiful!

Definitely try Portofino. For that matter, try both! The extra fee really isn't exorbitant, and I know for a fact that Portofino is well worth it. We haven't tried Chops yet, but we've made reservations for our April cruise and are looking forward to it.

Speaking of reservations, if you can access your reservation on the Royal Caribbean website, you can go ahead and make reservations for the restaurants now. I'd do it ahead of time so that's one less thing to be concerned with after you've boarded the ship. There are scans of the menus here to help you decide if you want to try one or both.

As for which night(s) you decide to eat there, it's really up to you. We've chosen one kind of random night (as in, no specific reason that we're not eating in the MDR) and the second formal night, since it's not required to dress formally when eating in the specialty restaurant--though you certainly may, if you'd like.

Enjoy, and have fun--your cruise is almost here!

Luggage being what it is these days, on our last several cruises we booked the speciality restaurants on the formal nights. The food in the mdr is not what it use to be, so I feel that we really don't miss anything.

Rollie

Are you on our roll call for this sailing? Pop over and have a read. Lots of people have things organized for excursions. In terms of the specialty restaurants, we love them and usually book both. The formal nights are Sunday and Thursday if that helps you decide which nights to go.

Thanks you SO MUCH!! I have not joined the roll call yet, but I will (I have never done that before)...It is helpful knowing what nights are the formal nights...1 of those is plenty! Are you on this cruise??

Luggage being what it is these days, on our last several cruises we booked the speciality restaurants on the formal nights. The food in the mdr is not what it use to be, so I feel that we really don't miss anything.

Rollie

Good advise!! Thank you so much...I think we will try them both! How far in advance do I need to make reservations?

Any thoughts as to which you enjoyed more....the Eco Tour vs. Xtreme?

Honestly, we enjoy them both (and we're going on his sailboat, Ocean Nomad, for the first time this January). For someone who hasn't done any of his excursions yet, I'd probably recommend starting with the EcoTour. More activities, less boat time. If you like going fast, though, and want to see the stingrays, Xtreme is probably what you want. There's a full description of each tour on the website, and Ocean Nomad's website is www.sailing-antigua.com.

Honestly, we enjoy them both (and we're going on his sailboat, Ocean Nomad, for the first time this January). For someone who hasn't done any of his excursions yet, I'd probably recommend starting with the EcoTour. More activities, less boat time. If you like going fast, though, and want to see the stingrays, Xtreme is probably what you want. There's a full description of each tour on the website, and Ocean Nomad's website is www.sailing-antigua.com.

Already have the Eco Tour booked. But never hurts to re-evaluate the decision. Thanks.

Go to your local Library and get either Frommers or fordor book on the Islands that you are going to and you may read some thing that you may like to see and work on it.

Also Hope to meet you on board maybe at the M & M,that will be our second part of our B2B.

Archived