Superbowl Sunday traffic? Taxi or Shuttle?

jdmaillet

We are flying into FLL at 10:10am on the 7th which is also Superbowl Sunday. There is 5 of us. I'm wondering if it would be about the same $$ to take a cab or the SAS shuttle. Do I need advance reservations for the shuttle so I can decided when we get there? Can 5 of us fit in a van? Is there set rates for cab fare? Also, do any Floridians know what we can expect as far as traffic that day? I have no idea of the logistics as far as FLL the POM or where the stadium is etc. Lots of questions I know....Thanks for any info! :)

Jenn

When the Superbowl was in Jacksonville (it was either '05 or '06) I drove through Jacksonville (on the interstate) the day before and there was quite a bit of traffic. If your flight gets in on time, I can't imagine you won't MAKE it to the ship, but I'd be prepared for some heavy traffic! :) I could be talking out of my you-know-what though. I'm just basing it on what I saw the day before.

We are flying into FLL at 10:10am on the 7th which is also Superbowl Sunday. There is 5 of us. I'm wondering if it would be about the same $$ to take a cab or the SAS shuttle. Do I need advance reservations for the shuttle so I can decided when we get there? Can 5 of us fit in a van? Is there set rates for cab fare? Also, do any Floridians know what we can expect as far as traffic that day? I have no idea of the logistics as far as FLL the POM or where the stadium is etc. Lots of questions I know....Thanks for any info! :)

Jenn

I don't know if you can use SAS without reservations. We were scheduled to fly into Miami for our cruise but our flight got canceled and we got rebooked to FLL. I called him the day we were leaving and he was able to pick us up.

Bill

I'm not sure how bad the traffic will be. The stadium is in NW Miami-Dade. So, yes, people will be staying in South Beach and stuff, but they'll be driving north. The stadium is nowhere near the port. I was out and about yesterday and didn't notice any traffic differences and the Orange Bowl was yesterday. Hubby works in Lauderdale and he didn't notice anything different either. Attendance at Orange Bowl was about 65K.

Jenn

What port are you going out of? Either way you should be going against traffic so your commute will not be too horribly bad.

Archived