Headliner Entertainment for Feb. 13 cruise

I wrote to the C & A club and asked for info on the Headliner entertainment for our cruise. They told me they aren't allowed to tell us the guest entertainers, and proceeded to list EVERY activity available on the ship. NOT GOOD CUSTOMER SERVICE RCI :(. If I wanted a list of activities onboard, I would have looked on the RCCL website. In the past, they have told me who would be on board.

Is this just a lazy Customer Service Rep, or do they really have a new policy of not telling the public who will be on the ship?

Does anyone have any other ideas on how to get this info from RCI?

Thanks

I have been trying to voice my opinion on this type of info for a while. I don't understand why the cruise industry doesn't treat the entertainment on the ships like the way vegas promotes entertainment. For example, if I knew i was going to take a cruise in May on a ship and I knew I could see band x on a certain ship and sailing, it would instill a reason to purchase that cruise.

The cruise line is missing the boat here that if they look at entertainment as a asset that they can PROMOTE in detail (i.e. bill cosby on oasis on this date), they can start seeing how the entertainment can help them close the deals on the pre-sales and then they can book the acts that draw crowds and get rid of the ones who are lame.

When they talk about the experience, the lack the vision to see how consumers really want to choose entertainment. Everywhere else in the world except cruises, you find out abut a show and book tickets for that show... example.. look at cirque du solei in vegas... people go to vegas for those shows.. they are assets to the hotels they are in... cruise ships need to treat the entertainment the same way and have a section on the website where anyone can look and see who is the entertainment on ship x on any certain week... this would be a HUGE advancement in the entertainment aspect of cruises.

I have been trying to voice my opinion on this type of info for a while. I don't understand why the cruise industry doesn't treat the entertainment on the ships like the way vegas promotes entertainment. For example, if I knew i was going to take a cruise in May on a ship and I knew I could see band x on a certain ship and sailing, it would instill a reason to purchase that cruise.

The cruise line is missing the boat here that if they look at entertainment as a asset that they can PROMOTE in detail (i.e. bill cosby on oasis on this date), they can start seeing how the entertainment can help them close the deals on the pre-sales and then they can book the acts that draw crowds and get rid of the ones who are lame.

When they talk about the experience, the lack the vision to see how consumers really want to choose entertainment. Everywhere else in the world except cruises, you find out abut a show and book tickets for that show... example.. look at cirque du solei in vegas... people go to vegas for those shows.. they are assets to the hotels they are in... cruise ships need to treat the entertainment the same way and have a section on the website where anyone can look and see who is the entertainment on ship x on any certain week... this would be a HUGE advancement in the entertainment aspect of cruises.

THIS has been my argument for years now! Royal Caribbean has an entertainment department that, while putting on good production shows, has no idea as to where entertainment, and most especially, entertainment marketing, has gone these past 10 years. I don't think they even have a marketing department for their entertainment and if they do, who would know it?

I think for RCCL, it's a lost cause unless they replace their old, outdated thinking and those who ascribe to it. They need a young, hip marketing and entertainment group. I keep saying I want to start my own cruise line so I can do this myself!!! :D

The difference is that in places like Vegas you pay big time for all entertainment. Up to now cruise lines have included entertainment in the price of the cruise. I'd hate to see that change. That was one of the things that hooked me on cruising many years ago. I like to be entertained. If they published scheduled entertainers freely they'd have people demanding refunds and credits if a scheduled entertainer canceled. Aside from that you'd have some cruises more popular than others based on the scheduled entertainment. I don't see the advantage to the cruise line.

I wrote to the C & A club and asked for info on the Headliner entertainment for our cruise. They told me they aren't allowed to tell us the guest entertainers, and proceeded to list EVERY activity available on the ship. NOT GOOD CUSTOMER SERVICE RCI :(. If I wanted a list of activities onboard, I would have looked on the RCCL website. In the past, they have told me who would be on board.

Is this just a lazy Customer Service Rep, or do they really have a new policy of not telling the public who will be on the ship?

Does anyone have any other ideas on how to get this info from RCI?

Thanks

Hi I am sailing Jan 23rd,Early Dec I tried to get the same info/I was told it was to early and to try again closer to my cruise date.Well last week I tried again and this time no response at all.In the past I looked at the shows offered while onboard ,if I wasnt interested I planned something else that evening.Now we are booking tickets to shows at the exclusion of others ,and we dnt know what we are booking.I feel bad that maybe someone will miss a show that I have booked if I decide not to go ,if this was a time slot they really wanted.

I emailed RCCL back on 12-17 inquiring who the headliners would be on the 2-6-2010 Oasis cruise I got this email today.

Thank you for your email. We apologize for the delay in our response.

Per your request, here is the scheduled entertainment onboard the Oasis of the Seas, departing February 6, 2010:

February 6, 2010 thru February 13, 2010 - Eastern Caribbean

RODNEY JOHNSON - COMEDIAN

MAX DOLCELLI - COMEDIAN

GEORGY AND EKATERINA - ICE ACT - MAGICAL TRANSFORMATION

PETER RITZ- COCKTAIL PIANIST

SCOTT PERHAM - PUB ENTERTAINER

CITY LIGHTS TRIO - FLOATING CENTRUM TRIO

AUSTRALIAN JAZZ QUARTET (AJQ)- JAZZ QUARTET

SOL Y ARENA- LATIN SEXTET

PRODUCTION SHOWS: COME FLY WITH ME AND HAIRSPRAY

Show times and locations for the performances will be made available in the daily Cruise Compass onboard. Please be advised that, while this is the intended lineup, it is subject to change.

The difference is that in places like Vegas you pay big time for all entertainment. Up to now cruise lines have included entertainment in the price of the cruise. I'd hate to see that change. That was one of the things that hooked me on cruising many years ago. I like to be entertained. If they published scheduled entertainers freely they'd have people demanding refunds and credits if a scheduled entertainer canceled. Aside from that you'd have some cruises more popular than others based on the scheduled entertainment. I don't see the advantage to the cruise line.

I agree. There isn't any advantage to the cruise line to advertise headliners, especially when these headliners are, at best, opening acts anywhere else on land.

What RCCL SHOULD do is just include the entertainment schedule on the website. All they need to do is add a disclaimer ("subject to change") and everyone would be happy.

I tried to get the headliner and bands at leaest twice in the past two weeks and I got all the shows on the first and they didn't yet have the entertainment schedule for 2010 yet. on the second e-mail I sent.:(

Now you see that is a lot of BULL they are giving people,my husband was in a band when he was younger and points out they dont hire these people 2 days prior too the event.They probable have the contracts done for the whole year at this point.

I have always got the info by return when I email the UK office.

They have never listed a 'headliner' - just a list of names as above, and I guess you have to guess who the headliner is,

but as we in England have never heard of any of them this is a bit tricky!!! (unless it is the Osmonds!)

That's the POINT ... if a cruise line was savvy and marketing their entertainment to the masses, people would book THAT cruise line, not the competitors, if there was an entertainer they wanted to see. I had friends who had never sailed with Silversea but booked a cruise with them just to see John Lithgow.

It will happen eventually and it will be interesting to see which line does it. I'm betting it will NOT be RCCL ... would think this would be something Carnival would embrace, maybe NCL.

We are also on the Feb 6 Oasis cruise and received the same information the same day as everyone else - this is the first time we have not received the Headliner entertainment.

It is probably because they don't have one for that cruise - not good!!!!

Got the info today.

Based on the list I can't tell who the Headliner is. Perhaps Domenick Allen?

Per your request, here is the scheduled entertainment onboard the Oasis of the

Seas, departing February 13, 2010.

SIMEON KIRKILIES COMEDY HOST

MIKE WILSON COMEDY/IMPRESSIONIST

STEVE SMITH COMEDIAN

DOMENICK ALLEN SINGER

OLEKSANDRA VODNYTSKA ICE ACT - SAND ARTIST

PETER RITZ COCKTAIL PIANIST

SCOTT PERHAM PUB ENTERTAINER

CITY LIGHTS TRIO FLOATING CENTRUM TRIO

AUSTRALIAN JAZZ QUARTET (AJQ) JAZZ QUARTET

SOL Y ARENA LATIN SEXTET