Passport stamps

globalwife

Will all the islands we visit stamp our passport of entry and exit? Or is this only done for air travel?

On most islands, there is an Immigration office nearby the terminal area. Just ask someone when you get off the ship.

They will be glad to stamp your passport.....if the office is open.

You are typically in control of your passport when you are on a cruise (the ship doesn't keep it), so nothing happens unless you make it so. My passport usually stays locked in my cabin safe and, personally of course, I'm not sure the possibility of getting it stamped is worth the risk of it getting lost/stolen because you are constantly carrying it around with you.

Thanks all! I actually don't want it stamped. My passport pages are almost all filled up and it is only three years old. I am pretty sure I am going to have to get more pages put in it soon but would rather hold off as long as possible.

On the other hand, my husband is Colombian and would like as many stamps as possible because it looks better to have travel in your passport when applying for future visas.

Thanks all! I actually don't want it stamped. My passport pages are almost all filled up and it is only three years old. I am pretty sure I am going to have to get more pages put in it soon but would rather hold off as long as possible.

On the other hand, my husband is Colombian and would like as many stamps as possible because it looks better to have travel in your passport when applying for future visas.

If you have a US passport, there is no charge for getting additional pages put in.

If you have a US passport, there is no charge for getting additional pages put in.

yeah, I know, thanks but I live abroad and it means a trip to the embassy in Bogota to have it done which will cost me time and travel.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived