Checking for price drops on HAL site or other websites

tinker

I am having a hard time checking the current pricing of the HAL cruise we have booked for October to see if any price drop.

We are new to HAL and their site and on other lines you can just search for a cruise and go thru the motions as if you are booking and see the current fare before entering any personal information. On the HAL site they ask for passenger information before showing the prices. I am hesitant to go any further and enter this information for fear of affecting my current reservation.

Please advise the best way to check on prices.

Thank you.

I am hesitant to go any further and enter this information for fear of affecting my current reservation.

Please advise the best way to check on prices.

Thank you.

You can go as far as seeing the price list without affecting your booking. Done it lots of times! :)

I check the price almost every night and just click the "HOME" button on the top right of the screen once the price list is shown. The only personal information you need to enter is your login, password, number of guests, and home airport.

No Problem, try it, it works just fine.

If you booked with HAL just give them a call and the adjustment will be made. If you have made final payment an OBC may be issued for the difference. All of this is dependent on you booking with HAL not an on-line TA.

I always check the pricing of any cruises that I'm booked on. If that cruise is not booking that well, the price will drop to entice people to book it.

I lucked out in 2008 when my cruise had a huge price drop that I came across. My travel agent was able to adjust the price. On my 2009 cruise, my travel agent was able to upgrade me from an inside cabin to a outside in the center of the ship

I go to both HAL and several of the online travel agent sites and act if I'm booking a cruise to check out the pricing. Right now I'm booked for 11 day cruise,but I want to change to a 14 day cruise. I check at least twice a week on pricing.

I just checked last night on my cruise booked through an online site...and there was a $200 p/p difference!!! Along with a $150 on board credit and free dinner at the Pinnacle.

Sent them an email and for a $40 reservation change fee I was able to change it. Saved over $500....always check those prices!

• 2 weeks later...
If you booked with HAL just give them a call and the adjustment will be made. If you have made final payment an OBC may be issued for the difference. All of this is dependent on you booking with HAL not an on-line TA.
So if you booked through a Travel Agent, you do not get OBC? I was just discussing this with a TA and she said the only cruise lines that gave on board credit for price drops after the final payment was made were RCL and Celebrity. Does HAL not do this?

• 4 weeks later...

My price-checking experience last year ... when I logged in to HAL's site to check for price-drops, the fare display always showed exactly the $$$ amount identical to what we had booked, and I knew our price thru a T/A was less than the going rate. So, I created a separate identity that was not linked to my booking or Mariner number ... simply gave a new email and password and name only. Logging in with that new identity permitted me to check the going price for our cruise, rather than confirming what we already were paying. Funny thing ... HAL assigned a Mariner number to that phantom identity:o

Archived