Health question

Divvy

On my last cruise on the Grand Princess I had a metallic taste in my mouth and a terrible acid problem , so much so that the food all tasted awfull and I lived on antacid tablets . I also had to visit the toilet several times each morning . This was for the whole of the second week and for 3 days after we got home . I felt tired and lethargic . I didn't have this problem on my first cruise on the Sea Princess and wondered if anyone could shead some light on what could have been the cause so I can avoid being like it again . It was not noro virus or anything like that .

I have slept at Holiday Inn so I feel qualified to answer.:D

Some medications or vitamins can cause a bitter or metallic taste or affect the ability to taste. Did you take motion sickness, cough drops, ginger, Zinc lozenge? I no longer accept Blue Cross just send cash.:)

I have slept at Holiday Inn so I feel qualified to answer.:D

Some medications or vitamins can cause a bitter or metallic taste or affect the ability to taste. Did you take motion sickness, cough drops, ginger, Zinc lozenge? I no longer accept Blue Cross just send cash.:)

hahahaha! Thanks, that made me laugh a lot! I have heard of this type of reaction to some seasickness meds too.

On my last cruise on the Grand Princess I had a metallic taste in my mouth and a terrible acid problem , so much so that the food all tasted awfull and I lived on antacid tablets . I also had to visit the toilet several times each morning . This was for the whole of the second week and for 3 days after we got home . I felt tired and lethargic . I didn't have this problem on my first cruise on the Sea Princess and wondered if anyone could shead some light on what could have been the cause so I can avoid being like it again . It was not noro virus or anything like that .

my 1st thought was cold eze or zicam...

my taste buds are shot whenever I use either of those...

they also cause you to go to the bathroom more than usual

Well , firstly thank you for all your replies . Very interesting , I did take ginger for seasickness for the first few days instead of sea sickness tablets which knocked me out last time . But I haven't had open heart surgery . I was wondering if it could have been the water or anything as simple as that . I was thinking of bringing bottled water next time . I am now off to look up H.pylori .

OK , I have looked that up and I don't think it was that. Mainly as I was fully back to normal 3 days after I docked . So , whatever it was it was something on the ship .

While the cause may well have been environmental given the severity you describe in your OP you might want to check with your family doctor in case there might some underlying physical problem or residual damage. 10 days of a funny taste, severe stomach irritation and general lethargy seems quite serious to me.

Archived