Vow renewal on Princess- any experience?

MTJtraveller

Yes, it was very nice, wife and I did it for our 35th on the Star Princess, followed it with a very nice dinner at the Old Sabittinis with all the courses, was over 2 dinner back than. I was a hero with that one. LOL

JandK

• 6 months later...

We have no problems that can be an issue. I just signed us up for a ROV on a cruise next April which will also cover our 25th Anniversary. I know my wife that if I asked her should we do this, she would say "no., don't waste the money" If I get her dressed up on a Formal Night and surprise her, she will be in tears of happiness. I just know my wife. Will Princess ruin the surprise?

Daniel A, absolutely not. Princess loves surprises that involve love! Contact your cruise planner to let the ship’s coordinator know your wishes. When you board you can leave a message with guest services regarding planning secrecy and contacting you. Plan for the second formal night as they usually have weddings on the first. Let your wife’s best friend or daughter in on it so they can guide her for the dress without letting her know. We had so much fun.

• 5 months later...
6 hours ago, elbrla said:

Daniel A, that is so sweet to surprise her. Which cruise are you doing in April? My husband and I are renewing our vows in April (30 years) on the Emerald Princess. 

We will be on the Coral for Panama Canal.

I'm doing this in a few weeks. 28 days to sailing! Thanks for all the info. I cant get anyone anywhere in Princess to give me info other than what is posted on the web page. I'm uber anal about planning and want to know everything in advance. This has helped. I tried emailing the wedding email but it is only for weddings. I have tried every day since 1/12 to call the wedding coordinator line but the mailbox is full. I guess I just have to be patient.  😭

• 2 months later...
On ‎8‎/‎8‎/‎2018 at 7:45 PM, Daniel A said:

We have no problems that can be an issue. I just signed us up for a ROV on a cruise next April which will also cover our 25th Anniversary. I know my wife that if I asked her should we do this, she would say "no., don't waste the money" If I get her dressed up on a Formal Night and surprise her, she will be in tears of happiness. I just know my wife. Will Princess ruin the surprise?

We are on the Coral now and we did our ROV last night, the first formal night.  The crew was fantastic, they kept the surprise up until DW was walking into the Wedding Chapel with me and the Captain waiting in the front.  She was handed a beautiful orchid bouquet just as she was entering the Chapel.  The ceremony was worth it and the surprise worked wonderfully!

• Like 1

Congratulation Daniel A! I am so happy your experience was also wonderful. I love Princess celebrations. We recently did a 30 year retirement party on the Ruby with 85 people and had a blast!

On 1/11/2010 at 12:30 PM, MTJtraveller said:

Hi!

My husband and myself along with another couple we are travelling with to SA in February on the Star Princess were going to renew our vows while on this sail. Has anyone had any experience with this...regular package or deluxe package....that you would like to share? I really appreciate your opinions!

Thanks in advance!

If your going in Feb...and it's during Valentines day week...the Captain has a giant  ceremony and it's free.  The ones you pay for are very  nice...you can invite others to it and share your cake etc.  You'll get a photo in a nice book like frame with a certificate from the Captain etc.  We have done about 3 😍