The NEW I Work in Port Canaveral Thread!

psblin99

Hi Shirley – Do you have an knowledge of the info below - from another thread? (this is not my info)

Beginning Oct. 1, the Canaveral Port Authority will begin charging Guests for parking for each day their vehicle is in the lot/garage. This includes the day of arrival and day of departure. The rate remains $15 per day. Below is breakdown per cruise:

• 3-night cruise $60

• 4-night cruise $75

• 5-night cruise $90

• 7-night cruise $120

If so, seems we now all have extra time as the Port has determined that each week has 8 days. In fact - some weeks have 9 days if they charge 4 days for the 3 night cruises and 5 days for the 4 night cruises.

Thanks M

OK here is your answer and anyone else that needs to know if they are parking at the port

The changes are as such - the $15.00 price are now been change to day fees instead of night so you pay from the day you park until the day you pick up your vehicle. You are paying for one full day when you drive out regardless of the time. This went up Oct 1.

Hope this will help with decisions

OK here is your answer and anyone else that needs to know if they are parking at the port

The changes are as such - the $15.00 price are now been change to day fees instead of night so you pay from the day you park until the day you pick up your vehicle. You are paying for one full day when you drive out regardless of the time. This went up Oct 1.

Hope this will help with decisions

Thanks Shirley for that information.

What a disservice to passengers – charging everyone that extra day. They are really racking up for the 3 or 4 night cruises getting fees for 9 days ( 4 days fees for the 3 night cruise and 5 days fees for the 4 night cruise) for the seven days in the week.

For our short cruises, the fees usually work out to be about the same as hotel parking packages or non packages and shuttles. There is a lot to be said for having your car at the port to get in and drive ( hours) home.

Thanks for checking it out.

M

Thanks for the info Shirley....

Can someone re-confirm what time the port will let you through? 11am?

It seems most response say yes 11 am sometimes a little earlier but it's a crap shoot. I'd hope it does open a little earlier with over 10,000 people hitting and leaving the port that day oops sorry on the day I'm getting there that is

Oh, I'm so not happy with the recent changes with the parking fees. I'm not usually one for parking off site, but that's a big enough change to make me want to do so. Shirley, thanks for checking.

Now I guess I'm checking off sit parking. Any suggestions?

Hello Sunshine - I really don't know about the activities although you are close to Ron Jon's and CB Surf Shop - if you don't have transportation, you can call Cocoa Beach Taxi that offers anything you want to pay to get around (althought I do suggest something reasonable and not like the 5 pennies someone gave them) and go to the Merritt Island Mall and go to the movies - if you click above my name, it will give you all that information and also if you want to drop Stefanie a quick note for suggestions, here is her email address - stefanie.mattia@hamptoncb.com

PS all the restaurants mentioned are great - at Brano's if you ask for Erin and tell her you are off this board, she will make sure you get some great treats -

ENJOY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Shirley, thanks a bunch for the recommendations. We came in yesterday and thankfully had a few hours by the ocean and pool at the Hampton....GREAT hotel, really happy with our choice here. With all the ridiculous rain today (I love how our cab driver said it hadnt rained like this in a month and it picks THIS weekend to downpour all day!), we ended up taking your suggestion and took the cab to Merritt Mall to the movies, helped pass the day for the kids. Cocoa Beach taxi was superb!

Last night we had dinner at Brano's.....probably the best Italian we've ever had!!!!

Here's hoping for the rain to let up for sailing tomorrow.

Thanks again!! :)

Shirley, thanks a bunch for the recommendations. We came in yesterday and thankfully had a few hours by the ocean and pool at the Hampton....GREAT hotel, really happy with our choice here. With all the ridiculous rain today (I love how our cab driver said it hadnt rained like this in a month and it picks THIS weekend to downpour all day!), we ended up taking your suggestion and took the cab to Merritt Mall to the movies, helped pass the day for the kids. Cocoa Beach taxi was superb!

Last night we had dinner at Brano's.....probably the best Italian we've ever had!!!!

Here's hoping for the rain to let up for sailing tomorrow.

Thanks again!! :)

Hey sunshine (wish we did have sunshine today) we had this type of hard rain about 3 years ago when Faye came through here - we have been dry all this year - isn't that deal with CB Taxi great? I remember one time Norm and I had to take a cab from Walmart (our vehicle picked that time to break down) and it costed a small fortune to get home so yes having a choice to pay a fair price is nice and almost everyone has been great about paying fair prices (I know my dad would have hated it since he was a cab driver with his own cab so sorry daddy and also to the other cab drivers ) - isn't Brano's nice? Did you tell them you were off this board for your free treat? Ask for Eyre and she will make sure you are treated with a goodie.

BTW it is going to be this way tomorrow also so maybe you should invest in a poncho for "just in case" -

Everything was upside down this morning at the port and the gates at the lock decided not to work for about 15 or so minutes and traffic was tied up to go along with the rain - well at least the yards won't have to be watered for a month on the light side.

Hope all goes well tomorrow for you and everyone else that is cruising or coming in

Edited by snelsonbrown

Oh, I'm so not happy with the recent changes with the parking fees. I'm not usually one for parking off site, but that's a big enough change to make me want to do so. Shirley, thanks for checking.

Now I guess I'm checking off sit parking. Any suggestions?

The place you want to check out is "Park N Cruise" - if you will do a search, it will give you their website and phone number - I, too, was surpise with the price being changed from night to day which now makes the cruiser pay an extra day -

We are all here to help any way we can - at least noone is coming into town as a stranger if they take the time to research it all here.

Have a great time cruising!!!!!!!!!

here is the information you asked for

http://parkcruise.com/

Edited by snelsonbrown

Oh, forgot to mention, we also used VIP Limo for our pick up yesterday at MCO....we booked Michael a while ago after the recommendations from here. What a great guy! He was waiting for us right after we got our baggage and it was a lovely comfortable ride to our hotel. He'll be picking us up at the port after we disembard too, so I'm looking forward to that instead of dealing with a bus like we have in the past. Will definitely use VIP again!

Oh, forgot to mention, we also used VIP Limo for our pick up yesterday at MCO....we booked Michael a while ago after the recommendations from here. What a great guy! He was waiting for us right after we got our baggage and it was a lovely comfortable ride to our hotel. He'll be picking us up at the port after we disembard too, so I'm looking forward to that instead of dealing with a bus like we have in the past. Will definitely use VIP again!

Michael is such a trip - I saw him today all dressed up and wearing his tam - very nice, polite and honest young man - he always seems to wearing a happy face and I love that in a person.

Still raining out there sunshine - wow we needed the rain, but all that wind etc? Oh well it's Florida:)

Still raining out there sunshine - wow we needed the rain, but all that wind etc? Oh well it's Florida:)

Saw on the news tonight Brevard county got 8+ inches of rain today! Are the animals pairing up yet? :D

Thanks for the info on off site parking, I will be checking that out. It's a bit strange to be checking out info for Port Canaveral, it's less than an hour from home, and I thought I knew everything!

Saw on the news tonight Brevard county got 8+ inches of rain today! Are the animals pairing up yet? :D

Thanks for the info on off site parking, I will be checking that out. It's a bit strange to be checking out info for Port Canaveral, it's less than an hour from home, and I thought I knew everything!

There was a lot of water damages in low lying areas - I expected to see Noah's ark row up, pulled up, land if it could be found :D at any minute - the news said that this part of Florida has not had that type of weather in close to 100 years (don't know cause I wasn't around:) but I would believe it. Nanci, you always learn something new about any place including your own town so its good to ask and vertify as much as possible. Anyhow have a great time and thanks for sharing

Just saw on tv all the water there today..Be safe.. I have a cruise in Jan on the Dream. I was planning staying at the Holiday Inn in Cocoa Beach.I called to confirm everything..GLAD I did. I have a rate of $99.00 per night.(We have 7 rooms). Was told earlier that all we have to pay is $45.00 for parking...Well, I called to confirm all my numbers and the guy said that if we did not have the stay and cruise package that the parking is $150.00...are you kidding..or we can stay the last night for$179.00 that includes the parking.Well I really do not care to stay at Holiday Inn now..( we are a Proity member) SOOOOOO,,,now where is a good hotel? How is Ron Jon?...we will park our cars at park-no-go if we need to...Any ideas? thanks..:confused:

Shirley

Forgive me for asking a question that I know has already been answered somewhere in these many pages, but I know there was one Thai restaurant that you recommended highly - is that Siam Orchid?

Thanks again for all your efforts on helping us have a great time in your town.

Shirley

Forgive me for asking a question that I know has already been answered somewhere in these many pages, but I know there was one Thai restaurant that you recommended highly - is that Siam Orchid?

Thanks again for all your efforts on helping us have a great time in your town.

Hello Clay - yep it is Siam Orchid - I have tried both Thai Thai and I found Siam Orchid less expensive, more charming and the servers are more attentive - ask for Tom and he will make sure you get a treat for mentioning this board -

here is their info

1275 N Atlantic Ave

Cocoa Beach, FL 32931

(321) 783-4545

Just saw on tv all the water there today..Be safe.. I have a cruise in Jan on the Dream. I was planning staying at the Holiday Inn in Cocoa Beach.I called to confirm everything..GLAD I did. I have a rate of $99.00 per night.(We have 7 rooms). Was told earlier that all we have to pay is $45.00 for parking...Well, I called to confirm all my numbers and the guy said that if we did not have the stay and cruise package that the parking is $150.00...are you kidding..or we can stay the last night for$179.00 that includes the parking.Well I really do not care to stay at Holiday Inn now..( we are a Proity member) SOOOOOO,,,now where is a good hotel? How is Ron Jon?...we will park our cars at park-no-go if we need to...Any ideas? thanks..:confused:

Look drop Leslie Jordan a note with what you experienced and I am sure that she will do her best to help you - make sure you tell her that I gave you her email address and I am also going to drop her a note with your above note.

ljordan@internationalpalms.com

PS the Holiday Inn has been changed to International Palms

Edited by snelsonbrown

I will be staying at the Doubletree for 3 nights prior to our cruise in a few weeks. I have arranged for Beachline Transportation for our transportation needs before and after the cruise. The hotel recommended them.

Is the Doubletree walking distance to any restaurants (besides the one across the street in the Plaza?) How far is the Pier from the hotel? I know there is a shuttle that goes from the hotel to the Pier, but I have received conflicting information on how late it runs. I thought it was 9 pm, but someone at the hotel told me it was 11:45 pm.

We were thinking of going to the Merritt Sq Mall one evening. Is there public transportation from the hotel area, or would we need to take a taxi?

Thanks for any information.

I will be staying at the Doubletree for 3 nights prior to our cruise in a few weeks. I have arranged for Beachline Transportation for our transportation needs before and after the cruise. The hotel recommended them.

Is the Doubletree walking distance to any restaurants (besides the one across the street in the Plaza?) How far is the Pier from the hotel? I know there is a shuttle that goes from the hotel to the Pier, but I have received conflicting information on how late it runs. I thought it was 9 pm, but someone at the hotel told me it was 11:45 pm.

We were thinking of going to the Merritt Sq Mall one evening. Is there public transportation from the hotel area, or would we need to take a taxi?

Thanks for any information.

Hello Andy

Look Cocoa Beach Taxi has been offering "Pay what you want" - they travel from the port, hotels etc to anywhere you want to go including Merritt Island - Now Doubletree is no longer for it is known as International Palms - to go to the pier, it about 2 or so miles from the hotel - as for the local transportation here is their site - good luck and enjoy also you can click right above my name and it will give you a great deal more of information.

http://www.ridescat.com/

http://www.cocoabeach.com/trolley.html

Edited by snelsonbrown

Thank you for the information. One comment though - you said that the Doubletree is now the International Palms Resort. The Doubletree is located at 2080 N. Atlantic Avenue and the International Palms is at 1300 North Atlantic Avenue. Maybe I misunderstood your comment.

Thank you for the information. One comment though - you said that the Doubletree is now the International Palms Resort. The Doubletree is located at 2080 N. Atlantic Avenue and the International Palms is at 1300 North Atlantic Avenue. Maybe I misunderstood your comment.

Hello Andy - I really believe I had to be visiting another planet when I confused International which once was the Holiday Inn to the Doubletree - OK my feet are back on ground and thanks so much for helping me get back to the earth planet :D - the small mall in front of the Doubletree does have a nice Italian restaurant and Sonny's BBQ - tried both and they are ok - after the horrific weather we had this past weekend, hundreds and hundreds of sea turtles hatched and were seen behind Doubletree - what could be rescued were which is so amazing - the ocean is breathtaking from the DT - thanks again for everything

Edited by snelsonbrown

Hi - That's okay - I have moments like that all the time. I have enjoyed reading your posts. Lots of wonderful information. We are flying down from Boston on Nov. 3 and I can't wait. We had incredibly warm weather here this past weekend, but it's now turning cool and heavy rain for today and tomorrow. I love the ocean and am looking forward to having lots of beach time. Thanks again.

Just wanted to let anyone that will be here from October 27th through the 30th, that Our Savior Catholic Church is having their yearly fair - Here is the link that will give you all the information you will need for it. Scroll down and it will give you information as to all that is being offered

ENJOY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://oursavioursparish.org/

Edited by snelsonbrown