The NEW I Work in Port Canaveral Thread!

psblin99

Helloooooooooooooo everybody that will be down here this weekend - we are putting on a show just for you. Something for the entire family - go to this website for all the information and most of all ENJOY!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.cocoabeachairshow.com/ check it out ;D

Edited by snelsonbrown

Helloooooooooooooo everybody that will be down here this weekend - we are putting on a show just for you. Something for the entire family - go to this website for all the information and most of all ENJOY!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.cocoabeachairshow.com/ check it out ;D

Shirley just wanted to thank you for all the help we got our yuengling at RacTrac and coco beach taxi was the best used three times always got there fast and very friendly drivers will be keeping there business card:)

Shirley just wanted to thank you for all the help we got our yuengling at RacTrac and coco beach taxi was the best used three times always got there fast and very friendly drivers will be keeping there business card:)

I am so glad to hear Tommy that everything turned out good - It is always good to have a heads up when coming into a strange town and yep CB taxi is really doing a great job - don't know if I mentioned it or not, but they disconnected their meters so noone knows what the cost would have been to travel to different places and the best part, most of the passengers have been fair in what they pay.

Take care aand come on back for we leave the lights on at night for everyone coming here

;D

Has anyone used the shuttle service at the radisson in Cape Canaveral. They say they will pick up 4 people at Orlando Iternational airport and bring them to their hotel for $70.

Look here is Joe P's email address and he is the GM at the Radisson - he will answer any questions, any concern or any issues with you - he is a great person - love and respect him very deeply - you can tell him I gave you his email address - he has no problem with it.

jpanackia@radissonport.com

Look here is Joe P's email address and he is the GM at the Radisson - he will answer any questions, any concern or any issues with you - he is a great person - love and respect him very deeply - you can tell him I gave you his email address - he has no problem with it.

jpanackia@radissonport.com

Thanks Shirley. I have sent Joe an email.

We stay at the Radisson each time we've been to port canaveral and the shuttle is nice but very crowded everyone uses it. This time we did coco beach taxi(they have vans for larger groups) they were there right on time and it's pay what you want I gave the guy ten bucks and he seem very pleased with it. Just a suggestion:)

Tom

We stay at the Radisson each time we've been to port canaveral and the shuttle is nice but very crowded everyone uses it. This time we did coco beach taxi(they have vans for larger groups) they were there right on time and it's pay what you want I gave the guy ten bucks and he seem very pleased with it. Just a suggestion:)

Tom

Hey Tom,

I love the way CB Taxi is doing their fares and for most part, just about everyone is paying a fair price and even throwing in a tip - looks like it is working for them and their customers so it is a win/win situation

Hope all is well up your way and we hope to see you back someday

Blessings always

:rolleyes:Sorry if this has been asked, but I did do a search and came up empty handed. Does anyone know the name of the airboat excursion that is available through Royal Caribbean? Is there a website, I have a few questions for the airboat company.The excursion is called Real Florida Airboat Adventure with airport transfer. Thanks to anyone who can help me.

Has anyone stayed at the Country Inn and Suites lately and taken the shuttle to the port?

The past 2 times my family has stayed at a hotel and relied on the hotel shuttle for a trip to the port, we've taken a cab after waiting in a crowded, crazy lobby for an hour. I have a room at the Country Inn pre-cruise in December and am worried that the same thing is going to happen. I'd rather just park at the off site parking place if this is the case.

So, what is your experience with the shuttle to the port? When did you get your shuttle time--when you checked in? Could you sign up for a shuttle before you arrived? Was the lobby a crazy mess on Saturday morning?

Thanks for the input!

I can only partially respond. We stayed at CI&S (Thanks Priceline!) on October 21, 2011. We also stayed there the previous October prior to a cruise. In both cases, we didn't use their shuttle but instead rented a car for our drive from Orlando to Cocoa. BUT I will say, that the breakfast madhouse we experienced in 2010 was not repeated this year. I did not ask whether the hotel was full or not, but I believe it was sold out in 2010 which may have been the problem then. I did see folks waiting for the shuttle out front on the porch as we were loading up to head to the rental car return and shuttle but it seemed orderly. There was a person with a clipboard at the door of the hotel asking if you were taking the shuttle who I also saw directing folks where to wait.

Good Luck - Have a great cruise.

Has anyone stayed at the Country Inn and Suites lately and taken the shuttle to the port?

The past 2 times my family has stayed at a hotel and relied on the hotel shuttle for a trip to the port, we've taken a cab after waiting in a crowded, crazy lobby for an hour. I have a room at the Country Inn pre-cruise in December and am worried that the same thing is going to happen. I'd rather just park at the off site parking place if this is the case.

So, what is your experience with the shuttle to the port? When did you get your shuttle time--when you checked in? Could you sign up for a shuttle before you arrived? Was the lobby a crazy mess on Saturday morning?

Thanks for the input!

Some of the things that is nice to know is the Cocoa Beach Taxi has a "pay what you want"

and they will take you anywhere anytime - or you can click just above my name and you can get a lot of information - Radisson is now offering $5.99 for cruise parking and I am sure everyone has brought their charges down.

Many choices - good luck and ENJOY!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for the input!

We stayed there this past February and took the shuttle it was very organized, we signed up for it when we checked in, were given our time, got on the shuttle a few minutes early and left for the port. no lines or craziness unless the radisson where we stayed the year before and waited over 1 hour to get on the shuttle.

Hi. Will be cruising on the FOS in March - our return flight out of Orlando is not until 2:45 - is renting a car and going to the Kennedy Space Center for the morning doable? How far is it from the port to the Space center and then to the Orlando airport? Any other suggestions for the time would be appreciated - not looking forward to sitting at an airport for 5 hours.

Thanks.

Vicky

Hi. Will be cruising on the FOS in March - our return flight out of Orlando is not until 2:45 - is renting a car and going to the Kennedy Space Center for the morning doable? How far is it from the port to the Space center and then to the Orlando airport? Any other suggestions for the time would be appreciated - not looking forward to sitting at an airport for 5 hours.

Thanks.

Vicky

Hello Vicky,

From the port to KSC is about 20 miles Northeast from the port - you can get a map from whatever hotel you are staying at before your cruise and they will map it out for you - from KSC, you can head West and it will take you right to the airport which is less than an hour away - if you will click just above my name, you can find a lot of information that will help you

Good luck

I can only partially respond. We stayed at CI&S (Thanks Priceline!) on October 21, 2011. We also stayed there the previous October prior to a cruise. In both cases, we didn't use their shuttle but instead rented a car for our drive from Orlando to Cocoa. BUT I will say, that the breakfast madhouse we experienced in 2010 was not repeated this year. I did not ask whether the hotel was full or not, but I believe it was sold out in 2010 which may have been the problem then. I did see folks waiting for the shuttle out front on the porch as we were loading up to head to the rental car return and shuttle but it seemed orderly. There was a person with a clipboard at the door of the hotel asking if you were taking the shuttle who I also saw directing folks where to wait.

Good Luck - Have a great cruise.

Thanks for the info to everyone who responded. I guess it depends on if the hotel is full. I hope to take the shuttle, but will call a taxi (again) if I have to. We just like to get to the port early!!

• 2 weeks later...

This thread is so helpful. My mind is just going in circles.....decisions..decisions..decisions. I'm seriously thinking of the rent-a-car option. We are in need of a pre- & post-cruise hotel for 1 night each. Could anyone tell me which hotels are located either right next door or within walking distance (3-5 blks) of a rent-a-car station?Also, if the rent-a-car company has a shuttle to the port.

It would be nice,of course, if the hotel should have a breakfast .:p

Thanks,

Kristy:D

Kristy

I am confused as to why you want the hotel to be right next to the rental car place at least for the pre-cruise stay. You drive the car from Orlando to your hotel, spend the night, next morning you drive to the rental car place and then they shuttle you to the port. Now for the return, I can understand what you are trying to do. Hertz is on the grounds of the Residence Inn which is right next door to Country Inn and Suites so maybe you want to look at those for the return....or given Hertz has never had the best prices at least for me, keep in mind a taxi for one from your hotel to the rental car place won't cost that much. Of course if you Priceline your room, you will have to find alternate transportation to the Rental Car place unless you just happen - as we did - to "win" Country Inn and Suites.

Kristy

I am confused as to why you want the hotel to be right next to the rental car place at least for the pre-cruise stay. You drive the car from Orlando to your hotel, spend the night, next morning you drive to the rental car place and then they shuttle you to the port. Now for the return, I can understand what you are trying to do. Hertz is on the grounds of the Residence Inn which is right next door to Country Inn and Suites so maybe you want to look at those for the return....or given Hertz has never had the best prices at least for me, keep in mind a taxi for one from your hotel to the rental car place won't cost that much. Of course if you Priceline your room, you will have to find alternate transportation to the Rental Car place unless you just happen - as we did - to "win" Country Inn and Suites.

Well i can see were you are coming from. I did not know all the rental places have shuttles to the port. I thought i would have to drop off the car and then use the hotel's shuttle to the port. Coming back i would think to use hotel's shuttle to hotel and then walk to pick up rental car. This whole thing is soo complex. Thank you for your reply. I guess i was trying to figure out how everyone does it. I was looking more for maybe a break down of:

1. I took this rental car to-

2. X hotel, then-

3. Dropped car off here-

4. Took X shuttle to cruise port and then (fill in how you did your return back to hotel or

rental)

OR

Used "X" shuttle from hotel to port...