sea view cafe.

tgjr

but they have chairs and tables outside on the deck where they are not forbidden.

I think that where there is food being served, a little common courtesy for the people around you would be in order.

Eating by the pool is one thing..............but the SeaView is not by the "adult" pool area.

I think that where there is food being served, a little common courtesy for the people around you would be in order.

Eating by the pool is one thing..............but the SeaView is not by the "adult" pool area.

Isn’t that the truth!!!!

Nothing like dining al fresco and looking across at a guy in a tank top who looks like he has a ferret in his armpit… YUCK YUCK YUCK!!!:eek:

Or the guys with the hairy backs who look like they have a mohair sweater on under their tank tops!!! Ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!!!:eek:

No, it is not open for lunch on the first day. However, it will be opened from 5-6:30PM and then from 9PM until 1AM.

Patti is correct with regard to Seaview hours on embarkation day. On our recent Radiance cruise it was open from noon until 6:30 p.m. on the first sea day, and again from 9:00 p.m. to 1:00 a.m. Our port day it was open from 2:00 p.m. to 6:30 p.m. and again from 9:00 p.m. to 1:00 a.m. Our last sea day it opened from noon to 6:30 p.m. but the evening hours were from 9:00 p.m. to midnight. It's best to check your Compass for exact times each day. :)

Karen will you be on the same cruise with an Amy. She was on the April 10, 2010 sailing then moved back to March. We sailed with her on the ROS to Hawaii Oct 11, 2008.

Gay

There is a gal on our Roll Call named Amy, but I don't know if we're talking about the same person or not....:confused:

You are. It's me. :)

The onion rings are wonderful. Also the Nathan's hot dogs and the Reuben sandwiches. (I can never make up my mind!) This Texas girl didn't care much for the chili, though.

I have to admit, I liked Johnny Rockets a lot, too, when I was on the Mariner. Best apple pie I ever had in my whole life. :)

Here is my Sea View cafe story.

I heard (at the time) they had Caesar Salads

with grouper...

I love Grouper fish sandwiches so, I asked for a Grouper fish sandwich.

I was told.."We don't have Grouper fish sandwiches.." He refused to make me one..

he reminded me of the "Soup ****"... (Seinfeld)

So, I told him, OK..I'll have the Grouper salad.

I took the salad down to the buffet...

went to the hamburger station, used their hamburger buns, and, made my own Grouper fish sandwich

and, gave the rest of the salad to Susan... :D

Loved that Grouper fish sandwich...

Here is my Sea View cafe story.

I heard (at the time) they had Caesar Salads

with grouper...

I love Grouper fish sandwiches so, I asked for a Grouper fish sandwich.

I was told.."We don't have Grouper fish sandwiches.." He refused to make me one..

he reminded me of the "Soup ****"... (Seinfeld)

So, I told him, OK..I'll have the Grouper salad.

I took the salad down to the buffet...

went to the hamburger station, used their hamburger buns, and, made my own Grouper fish sandwich

and, gave the rest of the salad to Susan... :D

Loved that Grouper fish sandwich...

Where there's a will, there is always a way! Good for you.:p

:) Got off the Jewel of the sea yesterday. Sea view cafe was open different times depending on whether you were in port or a sea day.

<clipped> It is worth going to.

We cruised with you then! I stopped to investigate the Seaview Cafe and opened the door. The greasy smell just turned me off! I didn't even go in lest my hair and clothes absorbed the heavy greasy smell and followed me the rest of the day.....

No Fish Fo You!!! Now, Go! :mad:;)

Yep..that's funny.

I typed out that word..beginning with N*Z*

and, it converted it to the "****". Ha..

The #1 TV show in the country (at one time)

had that in the title and, C.C. board bleeps

it..

B-T-W..after I wrote this message..I noticed the

photo someone posted on this thread, a photo of the Jewel of the Seas,

Seaview Cafe menu board..and, they also

have the Grouper Caesar Salad..

We'll be on the VOYAGER of the SEAS in

3 more days, and, I will go see if the

Fish Sandwich N*Z* is on that ship and, try for another

Grouper Fish Sandwich..if not, I will go back

to Plan B. :D

..(and hi to rednancy1!!)

..one of the highlights of a cruise full of great stuff (Jewel OTS),,,

...we would find ourselves having lunch there; then on a few nights; hitting it at about

midnite; the food and the atmosphere was great; never overly crowded because half the ship had no idea where it was...

...and it was a no charge; don't know if that is still the case. Our next cruise will Johnny Rockets...no Seaviews on the Megaships; :(

Mitch

..(and hi to rednancy1!!)

..one of the highlights of a cruise full of great stuff (Jewel OTS),,,

...we would find ourselves having lunch there; then on a few nights; hitting it at about

midnite; the food and the atmosphere was great; never overly crowded because half the ship had no idea where it was...

...and it was a no charge; don't know if that is still the case. Our next cruise will Johnny Rockets...no Seaviews on the Megaships; :(

Mitch

Still not charge for food items, but you do pay for milkshakes and anything from the bar.

Yep..that's funny.

I typed out that word..beginning with N*Z*

and, it converted it to the "****". Ha..

The #1 TV show in the country (at one time)

had that in the title and, C.C. board bleeps

it..

B-T-W..after I wrote this message..I noticed the

photo someone posted on this thread, a photo of the Jewel of the Seas,

Seaview Cafe menu board..and, they also

have the Grouper Caesar Salad..

We'll be on the VOYAGER of the SEAS in

3 more days, and, I will go see if the

Fish Sandwich N*Z* is on that ship and, try for another

Grouper Fish Sandwich..if not, I will go back

to Plan B. :D

LOL they do that with my dog's breed...if I say ****zipoo they censor it...I have to say s-h-i-t-z-i-p-o-o...I often thought it would be fun to type a list of swear-words here and see how many the censor. Awwww they'd probably throw me off of CC and I like it here...:rolleyes:

Oh how I miss the Seaview Cafe, sailing on Liberty next and quite disappointed that there isn't a Seaview :( Anything comparable?

We often went in bathing suits. I usually threw on my cover-dress and ordered for the both of us and we sat outside. It tended to get windy depending on the time of day. We never saw a sign on the Jewel that said no flip-flops! Oops if there was one!

Is there room to sit inside the Seaview Cafe?

And, is there access to it any other way than walking up the stairs? (Mom needs a knee replacement. Somedays steps are okay...others, not so much.)

Thanks!

You can take the Centrum elevators up to Deck 12. When you get off you want to keep to your right where you will eventually find doors to the outside. Make another right once outside and after passing the kiddie pool area, you will see the SeaView.

Yes, there are tables inside but to get one, you should try and get there when they first open. They also have an outdoor eating area that is by the windows of the SeaView and under a canopy. Then there are also tables by the railing.

You can take the Centrum elevators up to Deck 12. When you get off you want to keep to your right where you will eventually find doors to the outside. Make another right once outside and after passing the kiddie pool area, you will see the SeaView.

Yes, there are tables inside but to get one, you should try and get there when they first open. They also have an outdoor eating area that is by the windows of the SeaView and under a canopy. Then there are also tables by the railing.

Thank you for this info! Glad to know that Mom will be able to get to this venue even if she's having a bad-knee day!

Archived