Carnival doesn't like Cougars...

frazzledrazzle16

You know...I was a teenager and a college student in every sense of the word...if you know what I mean;)...and no prude am I...but back in the day...the 70's....for those who don't know...don't ask....I never ever came across anyone who would even think of this...let alone do it.....blame it on the internet...blame it on the VCR (remember that)....but really it was never a thought that anyone I knew ever had........please don't say I am naive.....mine was a savvy crowd....but I tell you it wasn't happening...at least not the way it looks like it is happening now.....

again, don't bother to say I don't know what I am talking about.......we never even saw our friends parents...wouldn't recognize them...they could have been 40 or 80 we wouldn't have known....we were too busy fooling around with each other..FTLOG........:D

I agree 100% The reason I posted the wikipedia link was because I had to look it up to see what it meant :eek: I'm only 38 and I am definately not a prude but I will admit I have never in my life heard of the acronym MILF. I am assuming there is such thing as a DILF??? to go right along with it. By the way what is a FTLOG???

You know...I was a teenager and a college student in every sense of the word...if you know what I mean;)...and no prude am I...but back in the day...the 70's....for those who don't know...don't ask....I never ever came across anyone who would even think of this...let alone do it.....blame it on the internet...blame it on the VCR (remember that)....but really it was never a thought that anyone I knew ever had........please don't say I am naive.....mine was a savvy crowd....but I tell you it wasn't happening...at least not the way it looks like it is happening now.....

again, don't bother to say I don't know what I am talking about.......we never even saw our friends parents...wouldn't recognize them...they could have been 40 or 80 we wouldn't have known....we were too busy fooling around with each other..FTLOG........:D

Remember the film The Graduate (1967)? How about The Summer of '42 (1971)?

Those are two that come to mind just off the top of my head. Granted, they are fiction, and written by no one you know, but it obviously occurred to someone not far removed from your generation.;)

Remember the film The Graduate (1967)? How about The Summer of '42 (1971)?

Those are two that come to mind just off the top of my head. Granted, they are fiction, and written by no one you know, but it obviously occurred to someone not far removed from your generation.;)

and I agree as well but because of the fact that the discussion of it has now become a common place topic....some would think that everyone is doing it......not everyone realizes that what they hear ...see OR think they hear or see is actually happening.

I saw both of those movies at the tender age of 14/15 and trust me....no one I knew was thinking of following in those footsteps...it was just not commonplace....and I dont think it is commonplace today either......but the internet...and we are part of it by talking about it.....would have you think everyone is doing it. Also, absolutely nothing anyone posts here as far as their experiences can be verified completely...we could all be lying thru our teeth but some will still take it as the complete truth.:(

Whoa this thread has exploded since yesterday! The tags at the bottom had me ROFL :D

But yet "friends of Dorthy" is family friendly ? :confused::confused::confused:

Ummm... I don't see why they wouldn't be.

Thought I might have to grab the popcorn for a second!

OK, very weird timing - that was my 666 post here on CC...

:eek:

Maybe I live under a rock, but I didn't know anything about 666 being a bad number up until a couple years ago. My birthday is 6/16/86, so I guess you could say I was born under the sign of the devil but the number 6 has always brought me nothing but good luck! :p

*LOL*

The late 70s and early 80s were my high school college and clubbing days too. That kind of thing wasn't as wide spread as it is now and certainly not as publicized, but it did happen.

As I said in an earlier post right here in a small town in Connecticut . the lounge at the Holiday Inn was hopping with middle aged women looking for young guys .

It doesn't make you naive that you didn't know about these things. You just weren't exposed to it back then.

Like I said before, I had a lot of unsavory jobs back in the day. PAID GREAT AND HAD A HELL OF A LOT MORE FUN THAN FLIPPIN BURGERS AT MICKEY D's. *LOL* Plus years as an EMT and going into my 26th year as a 9-1-1 dispatcher. I have seen the underbelly of humanity in all its glory (for better or worse) so nothing shocks or surprises me anymore.

and I agree as well but because of the fact that the discussion of it has now become a common place topic....some would think that everyone is doing it......not everyone realizes that what they hear ...see OR think they hear or see is actually happening.

I saw both of those movies at the tender age of 14/15 and trust me....no one I knew was thinking of following in those footsteps...it was just not commonplace....and I dont think it is commonplace today either......but the internet...and we are part of it by talking about it.....would have you think everyone is doing it. Also, absolutely nothing anyone posts here as far as their experiences can be verified completely...we could all be lying thru our teeth but some will still take it as the complete truth.:(

Well, you can never say categorically what anyone is thinking...

and I would never believe everyone is doing anything, particularly when it's phrased like this: "But Mom, everyone is doing it!":)

This "phenomenon" may well be more commonplace now, but that's not all that surprising. LOTS of things are more commonplace as far as sexual behavior goes - society is getting more and more tolerant of things that would NOT have been accepted in decades past. Also, consider that 40 y/o women have more tools now to continue to look young, vital, and healthy than they used to. For example, Demi and Courtney Cox do NOT look like the middle aged women of the 60's and 70's. There are some women who look 10, 15, or MORE years younger than their chronological ages. So a young man of 25 is not making that much of a stretch to be with a woman who looks 30 tops but who may actually be older. I don't know if I'm expressing myself well enough to get my meaning across, but I'm a little tired.

When I was 27 I looked mid 30's, and spent a couple of glorious months with a 47 year old that looked mid 30's. We were together for 2 weeks before we knew each others ages. We knew there was no future, but DAMN what a ride it was while it lasted...:p

oops. sorry. I misunderstood you :)

No problem!!

Sometimes a bit of experience is better than youth ;)

....and wouldnt someone one want someone who knew what they were doing

JESUS IS ANYTHING SACRED ON HERE LOL!!:eek::p

DH and I are in our mid-30's; married almost 12 years.

We noticed a woman recently who might be labeled a Cougar- although she was in good shape, her face had seen too many minutes in the tanning bed.

I asked him, "why is that (cougar-look) hot to young men?" He just said that with many guys, they 'lower the bar' when it comes to something easy.

Now I am planning to take a girl's-only cruise in May for my sister's 40th birthday- my FIRST CCL cruise - hope they dont mistake us for the Cougar Conventioneers :o

My 2c....

The only difference between the 70s and now.. Now -some people really dont care about gossip.. they don't care what others think and nor should they..

What two or three or four (or one for that matter).. people do behind closed doors is their business...

The 60s had the sexual revolution... Anything goes

The 70s had key parties.. if you don't know what it is.. google it

The 80s were crazy too..but I think the advent of AIDS scared the crap out of everyone...

These people are your Republicans, Democrats, Lawyers, Doctors, Neighbors, Politicians, etc etc.. You or me or that other guy have no idea what goes on behind closed doors...

Now today there is some 'celebrity status' associated with conquests.. as it were for the male half of the species back in the good old ancient Roman days.. ;)..

I really don't care what people do as long as no one gets hurt and it does not involve animals or children, because then I would have to kill them:D

I don't want to be judged.. so I try not to do it either..

My 2c....

The only difference between the 70s and now.. Now -some people really dont care about gossip.. they don't care what others think and nor should they..

What two or three or four (or one for that matter).. people do behind closed doors is their business...

The 60s had the sexual revolution... Anything goes

The 70s had key parties.. if you don't know what it is.. google it

The 80s were crazy too..but I think the advent of AIDS scared the crap out of everyone...

These people are your Republicans, Democrats, Lawyers, Doctors, Neighbors, Politicians, etc etc.. You or me or that other guy have no idea what goes on behind closed doors...

Now today there is some 'celebrity status' associated with conquests.. as it were for the male half of the species back in the good old ancient Roman days.. ;)..

I really don't care what people do as long as no one gets hurt and it does not involve animals or children, because then I would have to kill them:D

I don't want to be judged.. so I try not to do it either..

You are my kind of people!

Archived