Voyager/Mariner Best E2 Balcony Rooms on Deck 7.

My wife and I are looking to book an E2 on Deck 7 (affordable balcony room) for an upcoming Mariner cruise. Does anyone have any favorites in this category? I can tell that 7612, 14, 16, 18, 20, 22, 24, 26 and 7312, 14, 16, 18, 20, 22, 24 26 are on a hump but near elevators. I wasn't sure if this was a good thing (larger hump balcony) or a bad thing (too close to elevator noise).

Am I correct in assuming that the deck plans for Mariner would be identical to other Voyager class ships?

My father walks with a cane and has a handicap placard for his car. He would be cruising with us, is there anything noteworthy about 7600, 7604, 7300, or 7304. Oddly those seem more distant from the elevators.

Hi Wanderlust402 :)

We took our friends advise and booked cabin 7620 on the Mariner 6/6/10 MR cruise because they told us the views are great from the Hump cabins and it's centrally located with easier access to everything, especially the elevators.

We were concerned about elevator noise, but they said there's a wall separator and they never heard any noise especially from fellow passenger's walking by.

Enjoy your cruise!

If you are looking for a hump cabin I would suggest you try a one in the front of the hump. It will allow you a forward view. The center is also a plus if mobility is an issue. The 12's 14's and 16's will offer the best forward view and be close to the elevators.

The other thing to consider is the balconies themselves. Even though both of those ships are Voyager class, their is a difference in how the balconies were built. The balconies on the earlier Voyager class ships (Voyager, Explorer, Adventure) are built within the structure of the ship. The newer voyager class ships (Mariner, Navigator) have the balconies built outside the structure of the ship and are all glass front making them feel more open.

A picture is worth a thousand words. This website will show you what I mean.

http://www.romain-moisescot.com/voyagerclass/albums/cabins/balconies/E/gallery/_gallery.html

We were on the Mariner in August and were lucky enough to get a cabin in the center of the hump. It was great... we had a clear view toward both the front and back of the ship. We went into one of the cabins on the end of the hump, and that view didn't really compare with the center of the hump (although we're on the end of the hump in EOS coming up in May). The access to the main hallway was convenient, too.

Archived