Daily Service Charge

hamrag

Around the time Freestyle 2.0 was introduced the daily tips increased from $10pppd to $12pppd. Now that Freestyle has been replaced by Paystyle should NCL reduce the tips back to $10pppd, or less?

You are kidding, right?

they take away our perks how about we take away the 12 a day ....oh sorry we as i need to cut back also ...whats fair is fair i got to cut back so I can vacation MORE

Don't you feel that is a step too far, to remove it entirely?

well im sure if we all did it the cruiseline might cave in ...how is it our fault they are taking away our perks??:mad:

because you make two assumptions.

1. that the cruise line cares about the employees

2. more than two of you will join in the protest.

Around the time Freestyle 2.0 was introduced the daily tips increased from $10pppd to $12pppd. Now that Freestyle has been replaced by Paystyle should NCL reduce the tips back to $10pppd, or less?

Easy solution. If you dont like it then dont use them!

How is it Paystyle? I dont think you have to pay to eat whenever you want and not have to dress up do you?

Be careful of what you wish for... Maybe they will raise it some more soon? Wouldn't that be funny haha?

If $2 is such an issue with anyone, they have the choice to cruise another line or stay home.

I have been cutting back myself, but a vacation is a LUXURY and if I can't afford to cruise, and that includes the DSR that the wonderful crew earns, I will just go do something else, like a week at Red Rock in Vegas.

Would it make you complain about it, 20% less? If so, I'm all for it. :rolleyes:

Its not the employees you have a problem with, why take it out on them? Take it out on the cruiseline by trying another.

Right...it's not as though unemployment will have any deleterious effect on the employees :rolleyes:

Of course! We should definitely punish the crew for any changes made by NCL corporate!

<------Tongue planted firmly in cheek. ;)

most cruiselines allow you to change what you 'pay' in gratuities at the concierge desk. We always drop pp charge since our little kids don't usually eat in the main dining room wth us and then pay cash out to the room steward and the kids club people....

-Teresa

most cruiselines allow you to change what you 'pay' in gratuities at the concierge desk. We always drop pp charge since our little kids don't usually eat in the main dining room wth us and then pay cash out to the room steward and the kids club people....

-Teresa

So since you don't want to pay any tips to the food service staff I assume you are bring and preparing all of the kids food in your cabin and not eating in the buffet or any of the other options? :rolleyes:

-Teresa

This shows that you do not understand the way the service charge works. any money you hand over to the steward goes directly into the pool and so all service people, including your steward get less, also unless your children do not eat at all on the cruise the service staff is doing something for them. I assume you tip the child care staff separately.

Only when you leave the service charge in place and unchanged do your cash tips go to the person you give them too.

So since you don't want to pay any tips to the food service staff I assume you are bring and preparing all of the kids food in your cabin and not eating in the buffet or any of the other options? :rolleyes:

I assume you are carrying your children's luggage on and off the ship too.

This shows that you do not understand the way the service charge works. any money you hand over to the steward goes directly into the pool and so all service people, including your steward get less, also unless your children do not eat at all on the cruise the service staff is doing something for them. I assume you tip the child care staff separately.

Only when you leave the service charge in place and unchanged do your cash tips go to the person you give them too.

If you believe that any money that you hand to the steward gets put into the pool regardless of your automatic tips I have a bridge to sell you

If you believe that any money that you hand to the steward gets put into the pool regardless of your automatic tips I have a bridge to sell you

Once you lower or take off the DSC your name and cabin number goes on a list. The person who receives a cash tip from you without turning it in can be fired.

Archived