Roll Call: Celebrity Solstice May 23, 2010

RichardE954

We are officially booked on this cruise! We are flying in on the Saturday.

We were hoping for the Celebrity Choice seating but that was apparently filled so we are now on the 2nd seating dinner.

Does anyone know if it's possible to switch to open/choice seating once onboard?

We had open seating on our last cruise on the Eurodam and loved it.

Thanks!

Yes. You might have to stick with your assignment the first night but what you need to do is find the matire d' when you board and be one of the first to request. Likely, some who have open dining will want to switch.

We've done Celebrity twice so far, and if you're looking for something to do after dinner at night, you're out of luck. Unless there is a show or something going on up on the pool deck. The bars seem to empty out after the late dinner seating.

I was on Solstice last week and that was sort of my experince. I think part of it is they've moved all of the shows for the second seating to before dinner--i.e. 7:00 p.m. It was also a little older than usual crowd. By the time second seating dinner was over, much of the usual crowds had gone to sleep.

As far as FOD's, they're no longer putting them on the daily, but they're posted on the bulletin board next to Guest Relations on 3.

Maybe it's just me, but this is my second Solstice cruise and it seems this has to be one of the gayest ships out there. Maybe it's the nice design element to it, but both cruises seemed to have a well above average gay crowd.

We are flying into Fort Lauderdale but flying out of Miami.

Does anyone have any recommendations for the most efficient/economical way of getting from Port Everglades to Miami Airport?

Thanks,

Mike

In Costa Maya, we're going to Pez Quadro, which is a beach not far from the ship. We went there last year and it was $35 for lunch and an open bar, plus beach chairs. It's about three rows of chairs but it doesn't seem crowded. We were there at New Year's and thought it was worth re-visiting.

Hey Lee and Mike, I was just looking at the Pez Qudro site and it says all they give you is a plate of nachos, is that right???

http://www.****************.com/Tour_PezQuadro.cfm

We need some advice. We would like to do a beach day in either Cozumel or Costa Maya.

Which would you recommend for a beach day? (Additionally, which would you recommend for snorkelling? Trying to figure out which is best to do where)

Thanks

Mike

Hey Lee and Mike, I was just looking at the Pez Qudro site and it says all they give you is a plate of nachos, is that right???

We got an open bar and the "snack" of nachos. Oh...and a reserved chair. (that was a big plus, and they did hold chairs, I saw them shoo people away who just sat down.)

Mike

• 2 weeks later...

We want to try that molecular bar too! Sounds very interesting. Have to try it at least once, however I can't imagine how much their drinks cost.

HEY - Should we all plan our own sailaway party so we can all have our own FOD Meeting on the first day??? If so, any suggestions for location? Or should we all gather at the "regular" thread's sailaway?

Schplinky - Where did you decide to go for dinner on Saturday night? Did you ever check out Barton G's?

We are going to Barton G. It's my birthday and that looked like a really fun place. Thanks for the suggestion. It's the 22nd Anniversary of my 22nd Birthday on May 22.

My guess is molecular bar drinks will be in the $12-15 range. We're going to give it a try. Watching them make them is quite interesting apparently.

We're traveling with friends who are not as into meeting up with strangers from the internet :) so we'll likely miss or just quickly drop by any first day mixer. We'll be along to one of the FOD meetings and will be easily found in the martini bar.

Archived