Roll Call: Celebrity Solstice May 23, 2010

RichardE954

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

We're not big gamblers, don't usually like the shows, and aren't necessarily looking to close down the dance floor, so second seating- the dinner and dessert wines - tend to become our entire evening...also allows more times for naps with the verandah door open...our favorite part of being at sea.:)

Andrew

We're not big gamblers, don't usually like the shows, and aren't necessarily looking to close down the dance floor, so second seating- the dinner and dessert wines - tend to become our entire evening...also allows more times for naps with the verandah door open...our favorite part of being at sea.:)

Andrew

I know what you mean, but I hate having such a big dinner and then going right to bed. I guess the older we get, the more we like the early seating. Yikes!!

We're eating at the later seating. We find the lack of rush at the end of the day suits us well. Our "trick" is that we visit the buffet at about 6:30 and have a small portion of sushi as an early appetiser. We eat less at dinner and have yet to go to bed stuffed.

Nachi Cocum is the place we're going in cozumel. It's arranged through an excursions company and is just great. $49 gets you admission, open bar, a nicely cooked lunch, etc. It's a great spot and we've been several times. I like the place because it's about $10 more than other places for kids so there are very few. I don't actually dislike kids but I can't stand the parents who bellow down the beach at their kids. Drives me nuts.

We're doing a cooking class in one of the ports, but I forget which one. We may go to the Beach Club Georgene is arranging on the main roll call. Got any good suggestions? What's the name of the place in Cozumel?

In Costa Maya, we're going to Pez Quadro, which is a beach not far from the ship. We went there last year and it was $35 for lunch and an open bar, plus beach chairs. It's about three rows of chairs but it doesn't seem crowded. We were there at New Year's and thought it was worth re-visiting.

Go to google and search for "on board classifieds" and the very first link comes up is your site for this... well organized and free... specifically for what you're looking for. Good luck

Actually, it doesn't list any other friends of dorothy for the cruise. Are you spamming roll calls?

Actually, it doesn't list any other friends of dorothy for the cruise. Are you spamming roll calls?

I should explain this. Someone came on the roll call to advertise a very clunky board they developed for figuring out who was on your cruise. We've seen those done well but this wasn't. Anyhow, i reported them for spamming ours and a whole bunch of other roll calls and their post was removed but mine was not.

Thanks Lee (or Mike) for the info on Nachi in Cozumel. This was also referred to us by someone else as well, so I'm sure with two refferals it must be nice. It's definately on our short list, but Cozumel is where we were thinking of taking the cooking class. Hmmm, nice dilemma to have! Do you have any links or more info on Pez Quadro in Costa Maya? We had been thinking of the Maya Chan Beach Resort in Costa Maya. Have heard good things about it.

Is this the cooking lesson that is the cruise line excursion with the open bar? If so, we did that one a while back. It was very fun and we had a good day. It was a cooking lesson but everything was pre-measured and so really, it was pretty easy cooking. I'm not a great cook and even I can say that. It's more about having fun, making lunch while drinking it and then enjoying it with some nice wine. We had a blast and i thought it was fun but it wasn't a dish we've made over and over. They do it at Playa Mia and you were allowed to stay afterward and use the beach.

Archived