Roll Call: Celebrity Solstice May 23, 2010

RichardE954

We're traveling with friends who are not as into meeting up with strangers from the internet :) so we'll likely miss or just quickly drop by any first day mixer. We'll be along to one of the FOD meetings and will be easily found in the martini bar.

And there's nobody stranger than us! LOL :)

I'm sure you'll enjoy your birthday celebration, it's a fun place. See you soon.

Hey guys we just booked this cruise , wanted to say hi and cant wait to see everyone on board. Looking forward to a relaxing seven days, and cant wait to be on the solstice again ..

Levi and Boris

Slightly embarrassed that it's been over a month since I posted...yes, we're still going...work has been...ahem...tiresome. Actually sneeking in ten minutes now...while I'm at work!

Can't wait. We leave in LESS than two weeks to start the vacation!:D

Still haven't made any plans...other than a sunny deck chair for Ed, and a stool at the Martini Bar for me.

See/meet everyone two weeks from today...or there abouts.

Panty Riper? Too foofy for me. Belvedere by the gallon is all I need right now.

Andrew

Slightly embarrassed that it's been over a month since I posted...yes, we're still going...work has been...ahem...tiresome. Actually sneeking in ten minutes now...while I'm at work!

Can't wait. We leave in LESS than two weeks to start the vacation!:D

Still haven't made any plans...other than a sunny deck chair for Ed, and a stool at the Martini Bar for me.

See/meet everyone two weeks from today...or there abouts.

Panty Riper? Too foofy for me. Belvedere by the gallon is all I need right now.

Andrew

Andrew,

I think that we've established over the years that I m far girlier than you, drink-wise.

Did folks notice you can pay about $55 a day and get unlimited drinks? It's not a horrible deal but I'd be a sloppy mess.

As much as I talk about my drinking on ships, I actually don't think I could make that pencil out. I usually have a glass of wine with lunch, a drink or two before dinner, and wine with dinner. Not sure that adds up to $55. per day.

I'm with Lee. One could make it work, but at what cost to one's dignity???:eek:

Andrew

I think that there will likely be a day on the cruise where I spend $55 on booze but that will happen once, not seven days in a row. This cruise is the 22nd anniversary of my 22nd birthday. I need to pace myself!

lee

I don't see how I could possibly spend that much each day on drinks. I prefer to have soft drinks during the day with the occasional frozen drink by the pool, and save most of my drinking for the evening. One before dinner, one or two after dinner does not add up to $55!

Guys, haven't cruised with Celebrity since the new dress code. Ed's relented and we're bringing black tie for formal nights, but what's up with the smart casual? I'll have blazers, but is that necessary? Last trip on Cunard, Formal for four nights in a row, and dark suits/ties the other nights! Ed wants to wear nice trousers and dress shirts....cool?

Thanks.

(and let the record show that this is the first time I've ever asked for fashion advice, so be kind...)

Andrew

Guys, haven't cruised with Celebrity since the new dress code. Ed's relented and we're bringing black tie for formal nights, but what's up with the smart casual? I'll have blazers, but is that necessary? Last trip on Cunard, Formal for four nights in a row, and dark suits/ties the other nights! Ed wants to wear nice trousers and dress shirts....cool?

Thanks.

(and let the record show that this is the first time I've ever asked for fashion advice, so be kind...)

Andrew

Trousers (khaki's, etc.) and a casual shirt is fine, blazers not necessary for any nights other than the formal nights. We're each bringing a suit for formal nights, but no tuxes!

Andrew,

Last time on solstice, we saw a good mix of tuxes and dark suits on formal nights. The other nights were truly a mix of blazars, polo shirts, sports shirts and the like.

Don't forget the tacky Hawaiian shirts!

blazers not necessary
Richard, that's a phrase I've never uttered...!:D

With forty of the things in the upstairs closet, I have to wear them with everything! My friends tease me all the time, but I'm rarely without one. I'll try to limit it to one or two this time.:rolleyes:

Was actually asking for Ed, and that sounds great for him.

Lee, I'm still not believing that we're going to meet...my separated-at-birth (well, six years apart...)twin!

See you all on Sunday.

Andrew

Archived