Trash the Dress -- Does a Wool Tux Shrink in the Ocean?

magenta321

We are considering purchasing a 140s Merino Wool tuxedo for my fiance. But since we are doing a TTD session, we're concerned that it might shrink in the ocean. Any thoughts?

He would prefer wool over polyester... but if it will be ruined, he might change his mind.

We are considering purchasing a 140s Merino Wool tuxedo for my fiance. But since we are doing a TTD session, we're concerned that it might shrink in the ocean. Any thoughts?

He would prefer wool over polyester... but if it will be ruined, he might change his mind.

Have to admit, I just can't get my mind around the TTD concept, but anyway, don't do it. The wool Tux will be ruined.

You didnt say where your wedding was going to be, but since you mention TTD, must be a warm destination.

Not sure why you'd pick wool in a warm climate - regardless of what it does in the water. Keep in mind that a tux will also be very warm - depending on the color.

You'd be better off picking a linen or cotton blend suit, but it's all a matter of preference.

Good luck finding just the right thing!

Why would you want to TTD?!!!!:confused:

Because it makes for fantastic memories, fantastic photos, and it doesn't really harm the dress (a little dry cleaning on the ship will fix the dress back up). My question is why would anyone not choose to do TTD? :)

I, too, just don't get the whole TTD idea. How in the world does it make for "wonderful memories?" It seems just really tacky to me. I would think a bride would have more "respect" for her wedding dress than to trash it.

I can tell you don't get it :)

It doesn't hurt the dress. At least, not what I'm planning to do.

What's tacky about some beautiful photos? Why would you ever tell a bride something she wants to do is tacky?

I have no delusions that one day I'll have a daughter who will wear my dress. I'd personally never dream of cutting it up and making a Christening gown out of it. If a simple dry cleaning is going to be enough to make it look new again, and it's only going to spend the rest of its days hanging in my closet, why not get the photos I am dreaming about?

I can tell you don't get it :)

It doesn't hurt the dress. At least, not what I'm planning to do.

What's tacky about some beautiful photos? Why would you ever tell a bride something she wants to do is tacky?

I have no delusions that one day I'll have a daughter who will wear my dress. I'd personally never dream of cutting it up and making a Christening gown out of it. If a simple dry cleaning is going to be enough to make it look new again, and it's only going to spend the rest of its days hanging in my closet, why not get the photos I am dreaming about?

It's your dress, and you should do what you want. Someone is telling you they think it's tacky, because that's their opinion. You obviously have a different one, and that, of course, is fine.

Some fabrics would be ruined in water, such as silk or wool. If water won't ruin your dress, or you don't care if it's ruined, and you like this concept, go for it. Why should it matter that some of us don't get it or like it? I also don't understand a wool tux in a warm climate, but that's also your choice. Hope you have a wonderful wedding.

Archived