All-Inclusive day passes to A/I Resort...Anyone have info on All-Inclusive day passes

cruiseman111111

I found three options for a day pass listed on the boards. None of the resorts offer all inclusive since the hotels are not all inclusive.

First: Crane Resort. $12.50 for a pass to go through the hotel and use a chair and towel. This $12.50 is refunded in the bar with purchase. This resort gets great reviews, but furthest away from the pier.

HILTON DAY PASS

Hilton is really close to the pier so the taxi cost would be cheaper.

Hilton Day Pass ADULTS: $40.00US

Your Exclusive Day Pass Package Includes:

-Use of beach chairs/pool chairs/ umbrellas

-One beach towel per customer

-Use of Kayaks and Floats

-$30usd Voucher for Food and Beverage

ACCRA RESORT

Accra/Rockley beach is highly recommended by APLMAC and others on this board. It's where we went, but we didn't go to the resort, just to the beach and rented two chairs and an umbrella for $15.

$25 includes use of pools and facilities, no food

Taxi to Accra is about $15 per person round trip

The term "resort" doesn't really apply to an island like BDS, apart from "The Crane" & ''Almond Beach Village'' there are no really big resort style hotels. All the beaches are public(access may not be though), some may have facilities, especially the popular tourist beaches along the South, but a lot will not. Some hotels don't mind you using their bars etc. some of the posher ones don't(if you were paying in excess of £1,000/day would you want to be invaded by a cruise ship?)...me?... I would say take an island tour that included some beach time.

I found three options for a day pass listed on the boards. None of the resorts offer all inclusive since the hotels are not all inclusive.

First: Crane Resort. $12.50 for a pass to go through the hotel and use a chair and towel. This $12.50 is refunded in the bar with purchase. This resort gets great reviews, but furthest away from the pier.

HILTON DAY PASS

Hilton is really close to the pier so the taxi cost would be cheaper.

Hilton Day Pass ADULTS: $40.00US

Your Exclusive Day Pass Package Includes:

-Use of beach chairs/pool chairs/ umbrellas

-One beach towel per customer

-Use of Kayaks and Floats

-$30usd Voucher for Food and Beverage

ACCRA RESORT

Accra/Rockley beach is highly recommended by APLMAC and others on this board. It's where we went, but we didn't go to the resort, just to the beach and rented two chairs and an umbrella for $15.

$25 includes use of pools and facilities, no food

Taxi to Accra is about $15 per person round trip

Do you need to or Can you make reservations prior to arrival for any of the above day passes? If so, tips on how this can be done. Thanks

Do you need to or Can you make reservations prior to arrival for any of the above day passes? If so, tips on how this can be done. Thanks

There seems to be a lot of prices floating around for a day pass at the Hilton. As others have said, your best bet is to call on your arrival date to see if space is available.

I just received this email:

Dear Ms. S..........

Thank you for contacting the Hilton Internet Contact Center. It is my pleasure to assist you today with your day pass question.

The hotel informed me that they do have a day pass. The cost is $25 USD per adult . The hotel advised me to ask you to call ahead to see if the day pass is available on the day you arrive. When the hotel is at full occupancy they suspend the day pass. There is also a food and beverage pass for $35 USD for adults This pass may be suspended at any time. I am sorry but there are no discounts for Diamond VIP members.

Mari:)

There seems to be a lot of prices floating around for a day pass at the Hilton. As others have said, your best bet is to call on your arrival date to see if space is available.

I just received this email:

Dear Ms. S..........

Thank you for contacting the Hilton Internet Contact Center. It is my pleasure to assist you today with your day pass question.

The hotel informed me that they do have a day pass. The cost is $25 USD per adult . The hotel advised me to ask you to call ahead to see if the day pass is available on the day you arrive. When the hotel is at full occupancy they suspend the day pass. There is also a food and beverage pass for $35 USD for adults This pass may be suspended at any time. I am sorry but there are no discounts for Diamond VIP members.

Mari:)

So in effect who knows!!

I contacted the Hilton Barbados directly, and today received received this reply:

Dear Ms. S____,

Thank you for writing to us. I am happy to let you know that we do offer day passes.

There are day passes for Just facility use for $50 Barbados Dollars ($25 USD) per person, day passes for adults including a light meal at the Water’s Edge Bar for $70 BDS ($35 USD) .

We would be delighted to have you. The passes can be purchased at the Front Desk.

Hilton Barbados

Needham's Point

St. Michael BB 11000

Barbados, W.I.

(246) 426-0200

Not polite I know but there is nothing to stop you just wandering in to any non-AI hotel, we often do just for a look round, have a drink & maybe lunch. You wouldn't buy a pass at home for that would you?

I'm sure there's no need for a day pass to drink, dine or look around.

Have done that many times myself.

For those that want to spend the day, the pass covers beach loungers, umbrellas,towels etc.

Mari

Looks like the Hilton has changed their prices for their pass. That was the information I got prior to our cruise in December.

cruiseawaits: No need to make reservations ahead of time, but as suggested, I would definitely call the Hilton if you are going there to make sure they are not sold out of passes.

I know most of these resorts give you a wrist band showing you paid for a pass or are a guest of the hotel for you to be able to use the facilities and lounge chairs. That's really the main benefit of going to these places. The beaches next to the resorts are public and free. We rented two lounge chairs with an umbrella for $15 at Accra/Rockley beach.

At Crane the pass gets you THROUGH their hotel to the beach. Otherwise you have to climb down a rock pathway to get to the beach. Since you get the cost refunded at the bar, it's a good investment. We wanted to go here, but others in our group thought it might be too far from the terminal.

Have a great trip.

Hi everyone, great info. Can anyone tell me if the beach in front of Hilton is nice? How does it compare to Accra? Thanks.

My opinion is that Accra/Rockley is a commercial, busy, tourist beach & nothing wrong with that if you want that. The beach at the Hilton especially as you walk East(left as you face sea) is quite pretty with rock pools, but you will share the beach right outside the hotel with all the other guests.

Thanks everyone for the info. The beach looks beautiful!! I guess when I said nice I meant is the water calm enough for us to go in it or is it rough? I recall reading something to that respect. We prefer less crowd (seniors) but want to be in the water not pool!! Can´t wait for your advice APLMAC!!

Thanks everyone for the info. The beach looks beautiful!! I guess when I said nice I meant is the water calm enough for us to go in it or is it rough? I recall reading something to that respect. We prefer less crowd (seniors) but want to be in the water not pool!! Can´t wait for your advice APLMAC!!

You have probably read that the waves are rough in the South, a more correct term is "rougher", at times though it can be rougher up West. Once you get round the SE corner it does get a bit too rough for all but the VERY strongest swimmers.

Archived