Rum Runners?? do they work on RCL

Used them on our cruise last January and had no problems. Put them in our shoes in our checked luggage and they arrived in our cabin with no problems. I took them off the ship when we went to St. John's also, and made it thru the scanners back on the ship, just wrapped it in our towel. Good Luck!

Keith

Why don't you just buy pints, bubble wrap and then zipock bag them and put inside checked bags.

Never had a problem since 2004.....

Because, while you "say" you've never been caught, Rum Runners have a 100% success rate according to everything I've experienced personally and read on CC! And the "naughty room" contains bottles of liquor, mouthwash bottles, medicine bottles and other antiquated means of smuggling liquor aboard a cruise ship! But not Rum Runners! .... that'd be why! :D

:confused:;)Hi All,

I am wondering if anyone has experience with RumRunners on RCL? They work so well on Carnival we are worried...:eek:

I've used them on two RCL cruises last year and one Carnival. As well as a Jimmy Buffett concert, Atlanta Braves baseball game and Miami Dolphins football game! Works like a charm! :D

I flew to L.A. with rumrunners in my checked bag and my carry on bag. TSA in Atlanta didn't find them and neither did Mariner's scanners. Also brought a little back in carry on bag and they again went through TSA in L.A no problem. Love rumrunners!!

I flew to L.A. with rumrunners in my checked bag and my carry on bag. TSA in Atlanta didn't find them and neither did Mariner's scanners. Also brought a little back in carry on bag and they again went through TSA in L.A no problem. Love rumrunners!!

Wow... and LAX is pretty tough. Any special packing techniques you'd like to share??? :D I've heard density is good, like wrapping them in a pair of jeans, bubble wrap, etc.

Funny thing is they got one of them but not the other in the same bag. :rolleyes:

This is the first report I have seen with someone being caught while using a rumrunner. Can you tell us what size, how it was packed, what was in it, did they return it at the end, how did they miss the second one. Did you have other prohibited or suspicious items in the bag, such as an iron? Details please. Inquiring minds want to know!!:confused:

Edited by dosherpack

Funny thing is they got one of them but not the other in the same bag. :rolleyes:

This is the first report I have seen with someone being caught while using a rumrunner. Can you tell us what size, how it was packed, what was in it, did they return it at the end, how did they miss the second one. Did you have other prohibited or suspicious items in the bag, such as an iron? Details please. Inquiring minds want to know!!:confused:

Same here. I've been reading hundreds of posts about RumRunners over the last three years and this is very first I've ever heard of .

I'd love to hear the details.:rolleyes:

I had to go look up what they were. It's nothing more than the Platypus bladders I use for backpacking and paddling trips. I have 4 of them with regular caps and the hose attachment which I don't need for this application.

I'm already all set. That is.........

..........if I'd do such a thing:D

- Lorax