Cruise Director On Mariner

On our roll call (Mariner, 2/14) someone posted that Kieron Buffery will be cruise director for us.

Yes I heard this from the cruise director on another ship last week but he could not verify it and the Diamond Plus desk has been unable to answer me. We have had Kieron 3 times and he is great - one of my favorites. He will interact well with Captain Johnny.

Just so you know Captain Johnny was not on our ship last week. It was Captain Per. (from Norway so I think I spelt his name right)

Yes, Captain Johnny is scheduled back 2/21 and Kieron Buffery are both scheduled to be on 2/28, I just received confirmation from Royal Caribbean.

For all of you familiar with the Mariner and CD & Capts, we will have the pleasure of our 1st Voyager Class( Mariner) in 14 months. Who did you enjoy. Of course it is way to early for us to know who might be our CD & Capt, but interested in who you liked.

Captain Johnny is far and away the best Captain - he is moving to Allure when the ship comes out - Kieron Buffery is filling in now as cruise director also excellent. The regular cruise director is Dan Whitney who I have never experienced.

When did Abe Hughes leave?

Abe is on the liberty he was my cruise director in December and he was the most boring cruise director I ever had he need more training or go to s smaller ship Rob the activites manager did a better job then him

Returned from Mexico on the MAriner last week. Cruise director is " Dan, Dan, the Party Man", and he is very fun. He is very involved, very hands-on, and very visible. Be sure to go to " The Quest" and Newlywed GAme, he is a lot of fun at those.

Abe is on the liberty he was my cruise director in December and he was the most boring cruise director I ever had he need more training or go to s smaller ship Rob the activites manager did a better job then him

I am shocked, we had Abe on Mariner in August and he was very lively. Liked him a lot, maybe he was having an off week?

I am shocked, we had Abe on Mariner in August and he was very lively. Liked him a lot, maybe he was having an off week?

As a person he is a good guy but as cruise director he need more pratice or mybe the freedom class is to much for him,I had better cruise directors like Richard spacey,James Andrew,Graham Seymour,Dave chapman,and Gordon whatman does are real fun cruise director

As a person he is a good guy but as cruise director he need more pratice or mybe the freedom class is to much for him,I had better cruise directors like Richard spacey,James Andrew,Graham Seymour,Dave chapman,and Gordon whatman does are real fun cruise director

I don't want to argue with you but I've also sailed with Richard Spacey, Dave Chapman and Becky Thompson when she was sailing (all on Voyager or Freedom class ships). Yes Richard was probably the best of the bunch, but for our sailing Abe was definitely up there with the rest of them! As a matter of fact, probably the best Quest I've been to was on that sailing.

Sorry you had a bad week.

I don't want to argue with you but I've also sailed with Richard Spacey, Dave Chapman and Becky Thompson when she was sailing (all on Voyager or Freedom class ships). Yes Richard was probably the best of the bunch, but for our sailing Abe was definitely up there with the rest of them! As a matter of fact, probably the best Quest I've been to was on that sailing.

Sorry you had a bad week.

Yes I have to agree with you about the quest it was awsome the best ever,and the mic pit that was funny,but and others things it wasn't to fun,mybe I am use to cruise directors that always around the ships and funny ones

Abe is on the Liberty this week and next week until the 31. He is then going to the Freedom until April 11. He is not sure where he'll be after that. We sailed with him for 46 nights on the repositioning of the Mariner, in November on the Mariner, and last week on the Liberty. We really enjoy him and he is one of our favorites.

Yes I have to agree with you about the quest it was awsome the best ever,and the mic pit that was funny,but and others things it wasn't to fun,mybe I am use to cruise directors that always around the ships and funny ones

Mybe he had a bad week like you said but other then I had a good cruise director

Archived