Smuggling on Booze.?.?

lucky 69

Yes, I believe you. I heard they have these new fangled X-ray machines that show liquids in amounts over 6 oz. :eek:;):eek:

And... they've hired 300 people to work part-time at the port to look for smuggled hootch. There's a rumor that they've also hired some ex-FBI profilers to just 'watch' for potential smugglers and single them out. What's next? Alcoholic dogs sniffing around for an easy drink?

And then, at the end of the day.... they take the booze and say " you can have it back next week, you cheap nasty smuggler,you!"

And... they've hired 300 people to work part-time at the port to look for smuggled hootch. There's a rumor that they've also hired some ex-FBI profilers to just 'watch' for potential smugglers and single them out. What's next? Alcoholic dogs sniffing around for an easy drink?

And then, at the end of the day.... they take the booze and say " you can have it back next week, you cheap nasty smuggler,you!"

What, you haven't seen those Beverly Hills Cheewawa dogs they now have sniffing all luggage for hooch? Those little dogs can smell that stuff for miles!!!:eek: It's just a sorry state of affairs when we can't bring on our own booze, food and entertainment anymore!:mad:

What, you haven't seen those Beverly Hills Cheewawa dogs they now have sniffing all luggage for hooch? Those little dogs can smell that stuff for miles!!!:eek: It's just a sorry state of affairs when we can't bring on our own booze, food and entertainment anymore!:mad:

OH NO, does that mean I can't on my DH, as he is my evening entertainme nt! :eek::eek: Do you think the x-ray machines will dectect him, in the suitcase. OH NO whats a person to do.

On our cruise on Sky in October, the guys running checked bags through the scanner had big rolls of bright yellow tape that had the word ALCOHOL on it. I assume whenever they spotted booze on the xray that they would slap a hunk of this tape on the bag and it would go to the naughty room. Watched them for a few minutes but didn't see them tag any bags. We carried on 3 bottles of wine, they did catch them on the scanner and sent us to the table where we paid corkage for them. No problem doing that if you don't mind paying the $15 fee per bottle, which worked out good for us, as we got to bring the wine we enjoy.

I just got back from the Gem on 1/13/10 and had no issues carrying my Rum Runners onto the ship packed at the bottom of my luggage. It came on via porter so maybe they weren't checking them.

FWIW, the liquid scanning technology is very much in its infancy and experimental stage. If there's any terahertz scanners set to look for liquids, you can be sure they're looking for explosives and not liquor.

If you plan to drink often they are a decent investment. Drink prices on the ship are what you'd pay at a bar or club in North Jersey or a less-glitzy place in Manhattan, or from a bar at a restaurant.

Also, some shops in St. Maarten sold plastic rum bottles of their local guavaberry and other flavored rums, which won't get picked up by security. I brought two bottles through the X-ray and wasn't stopped; I took them to the liquor table of my own volition.

You can rent a replacement for him on the ship for a nominal fee.;)

Oh great!! Another instance of NCL Nickel and Diming us into poverty.

NOW, they'll rent us a Cheewawa?

Next thing you know, they have people there to bring you a beer (for a charge!).

Man, where will it stop?

Oh great!! Another instance of NCL Nickel and Diming us into poverty.

NOW, they'll rent us a Cheewawa?

Next thing you know, they have people there to bring you a beer (for a charge!).

Man, where will it stop?

Every trip it's like this . They are driving me out of my mind !!

DW says it is not a drive----It is a putt...:D

Really, take your own booze to a bar in town.

A hotel would be a better analogy.

I do occasionally take booze into hotels when I am staying in one for several days.

If you spend your entire cruise in the bar, then you have a valid point.:D

Don't bring your booze, buy Norwegians, it makes profit for them

They'd make more of a profit if I could bring my booze on board. I'm a big guy and it takes a lot to get me drunk. I'm not going to buy 15 drinks at $7.50 each. Since I know I'm not going to buy that much, there is no point in buying any shots/mixed drinks. Since I won't be drinking my girl won't drink (nearly as much) because she doesn't like to drink if I'm not.

Any college student will pre-drink before going to a bar, because bars are too expensive. That's what I would like to do, pre-drink in my room, then go to the bar/club and get 3 or 4 more drinks each night. If I have four and my girl has two, that adds up to over $300 by the end of the week. If I can't get liquor on they are probably making 10% of that from the few drinks my girlfriend would buy.

Don't bring your booze, buy Norwegians, it makes profit for them, who cares if its 4 times the cost!

I'm just looking to have a drink in my cabin siting on my balcony and not need to run down to a bar every time. If I could get a bottle at the duty free shop and bring it up I would be happy as hell......

they'd make more of a profit if i could bring my booze on board. I'm a big guy and it takes a lot to get me drunk. I'm not going to buy 15 drinks at $7.50 each. Since i know i'm not going to buy that much, there is no point in buying any shots/mixed drinks. Since i won't be drinking my girl won't drink (nearly as much) because she doesn't like to drink if i'm not.

Any college student will pre-drink before going to a bar, because bars are too expensive. That's what i would like to do, pre-drink in my room, then go to the bar/club and get 3 or 4 more drinks each night. If i have four and my girl has two, that adds up to over $300 by the end of the week. If i can't get liquor on they are probably making 10% of that from the few drinks my girlfriend would buy.

thank you !!!!!!!!

They'd make more of a profit if I could bring my booze on board. I'm a big guy and it takes a lot to get me drunk. I'm not going to buy 15 drinks at $7.50 each. Since I know I'm not going to buy that much, there is no point in buying any shots/mixed drinks. Since I won't be drinking my girl won't drink (nearly as much) because she doesn't like to drink if I'm not.

Any college student will pre-drink before going to a bar, because bars are too expensive. That's what I would like to do, pre-drink in my room, then go to the bar/club and get 3 or 4 more drinks each night. If I have four and my girl has two, that adds up to over $300 by the end of the week. If I can't get liquor on they are probably making 10% of that from the few drinks my girlfriend would buy.

Pre-drinking is probably EXACTLY why they don't want people bringing in their own alcohol.

The likelihood that people will over-indulge is much stronger when pre-drinking.

Really, take your own booze to a bar in town. Bring your own food to a restaurant you go to.

That's quite a stretch.

I've seen no one talk about bringing their own bottle into one of the ship's bars.

I really do believe that there is a big difference between that and being able to enjoy a drink in one's own cabin.

If NCL's profit margin is solely based on their sale of liquor, why do they allow me and my DW on board? We do not drink mixed drinks at all.

Now beer....that is my problem, but they don't make RumRunners large enough for me to smuggle a week's worth of beer aboard...

The thread has gotten sidetracked. OP wanted to know if it was possible to smuggle liquor onto the ship. Whether it is morally acceptable wasn't part of the question. Reasons justifying smuggling weren't part of the question.

Now that the OP is aware that it is ABSOLUTELY IMPOSSIBLE to smuggle hootch onto a cruise ship, OP will need to make some decisions.

I know that there are myriad threads pertaining to smuggling alcohol here on CC. I also know that reading them does nothing to help the OP, since all of those threads are based on an untruth.There are so many threads with tales of successful smuggling, but really now, since none of those stories are true what would be the point of scrutinizing their veracity?

The thread has gotten sidetracked. OP wanted to know if it was possible to smuggle liquor onto the ship. Whether it is morally acceptable wasn't part of the question. Reasons justifying smuggling weren't part of the question.

Now that the OP is aware that it is ABSOLUTELY IMPOSSIBLE to smuggle hootch onto a cruise ship, OP will need to make some decisions.

I know that there are myriad threads pertaining to smuggling alcohol here on CC. I also know that reading them does nothing to help the OP, since all of those threads are based on an untruth.There are so many threads with tales of successful smuggling, but really now, since none of those stories are true what would be the point of scrutinizing their veracity?

Are you pre-drinking before you post ?? :D LUD !!! GET A GRIP!!!!

Archived