Smuggling on Booze.?.?

lucky 69

Yes you can on NCL after you pay your corkage! No corkage on HAL only in the dining room or lounges.

Yes, but I can afford the $15 corkage.. Hal fares, not so much. ;)

LOL@Lena B! Good raunchy Saturday night fun!!

Interesting turn here. As I recall, the minister who presided over my brother's wedding was named 'Bubbles'. I sat next to her at the reception dinner. She was very elegant. Actually quite suave. Hmmmmm.

But hold on! She WASN'T a Yayhoo.

On our recent trip on the Spirit, I packed a six pack of Coke in my checked baggage as well as having a 4 large Fiji water bottles in our carryons which we also gave to the porters to deliver to our cabin. I figured I'd have to go to the naughty room to get our luggage but it all came to our cabin. It wasn't locked so maybe they looked to see what it was but I doubt it.

Obviously, I could have had cans of beer and liquor in the Fiji bottles. I don't think it's right to carry your own drinks into ship bars or shows but you should have the right to drink whatever you want in your own room.

On a side note, every day on our cruise they would advertise a drink of the day in the freestyle daily for certain bars between 10pm and midnight. e.g. "Hump Day Mojito Day" for $4.25. Unfortunately whenever I asked for the special, the bartenders always acted like they didn't know anything about it. Seemed odd since I'm sure it's the same every week and you would think they would know. I'd have to insist and they'd act like they were doing me a special favor...:confused:

On our recent trip on the Spirit, I packed a six pack of Coke in my checked baggage as well as having a 4 large Fiji water bottles in our carryons which we also gave to the porters to deliver to our cabin. I figured I'd have to go to the naughty room to get our luggage but it all came to our cabin. It wasn't locked so maybe they looked to see what it was but I doubt it.

Obviously, I could have had cans of beer and liquor in the Fiji bottles. I don't think it's right to carry your own drinks into ship bars or shows but you should have the right to drink whatever you want in your own room.

On a side note, every day on our cruise they would advertise a drink of the day in the freestyle daily for certain bars between 10pm and midnight. e.g. "Hump Day Mojito Day" for $4.25. Unfortunately whenever I asked for the special, the bartenders always acted like they didn't know anything about it. Seemed odd since I'm sure it's the same every week and you would think they would know. I'd have to insist and they'd act like they were doing me a special favor...:confused:

sounds like a few crappy bartenders to me. Of course they knew about the specials. That is like ordering a vodka and grapefruit juice and getting the darn fru fru glass..I told them to take it back, they did..

Nita

Pre-drinking is probably EXACTLY why they don't want people bringing in their own alcohol.

The likelihood that people will over-indulge is much stronger when pre-drinking.

Oh yes and the bars on the ships are so very worried about over service too. How many time have anyone heard about being cut off on these boards, NEVER

Just off the Pearl and walked by the "naughty" room and the line to get back your booze infested luggage was almost as long as the line to get on the ship. We had a lot of "drinkers" our week. On that 2 for 1 Martini at the Star bar you couldn't walk in there between 6 and 7 to get one. I guess they were having withdrawal symptons after having their illegal booze confiscated.

Archived