Voyager priority boarding lounge/area?

39august

Is RCI still offering champagne and munchies to the priority boarding area in the Galveston terminal? We enjoyed this in 2008 and 2009. Still happening?

WHAT !!!! Have never had this in San Pedro,Ft Lauderdale or Vancouver cruise terminals..where else is this available :confused:

Is RCI still offering champagne and munchies to the priority boarding area in the Galveston terminal? We enjoyed this in 2008 and 2009. Still happening?

Was on the Voyager last week. They did have a selection of cookies, pastries, coffee, teas, water, etc in the priority area. No champagne that I could remember but we got there pretty early as they were just setting up.

It was a nice touch.

I am aware that none of those ports offer this, as I have sailed out most of them. Neither does Cape Liberty nor San Deigo. But, for the past 2 years, this was so at Galveston. That is why I am asking if this is still the case for 2010.

I am aware that none of those ports offer this, as I have sailed out most of them. Neither does Cape Liberty nor San Deigo. But, for the past 2 years, this was so at Galveston. That is why I am asking if this is still the case for 2010.

For some reason, I've read that Galveston is not doing it (as of yet anyways). I'm hoping they will start up again. But since they been here for their 1st cruise in Dec......no champagne:(

Was on the Voyager last week. They did have a selection of cookies, pastries, coffee, teas, water, etc in the priority area. No champagne that I could remember but we got there pretty early as they were just setting up.

It was a nice touch.

How long did it take to board?

I was hoping it would be quick.

Especially since it is just for VIPs.

How long did it take to board?

I was hoping it would be quick.

Especially since it is just for VIPs.

Early on it was VERY smooth. We pulled up at the terminal at 11:20 or so after waiting a short while in line to unload the car. I parked at EZ Cruise, walked back, we checked in. Had a very brief wait (love the fact they have chairs there) and then went right on. (We lost a little time when DW had her sewing scissors confiscated. RCCL prohibits any scissors - unlike TSA where, if short enough, they are allowed.) All of that said, we were eating in the WJ by 12:15. I was very happy with that.

Early on it was VERY smooth. We pulled up at the terminal at 11:20 or so after waiting a short while in line to unload the car. I parked at EZ Cruise, walked back, we checked in. Had a very brief wait (love the fact they have chairs there) and then went right on. (We lost a little time when DW had her sewing scissors confiscated. RCCL prohibits any scissors - unlike TSA where, if short enough, they are allowed.) All of that said, we were eating in the WJ by 12:15. I was very happy with that.

Were her scissors in her carryon...:confused:

Were her scissors in her carryon...:confused:

Yes, they were in the carry on. I will admit I scanned all the info on the website, and we did not talk about it but even with that I was thinking in the back of my mind that these little short scissors would be allowed just due to their size. No harm done -- and I have no objections to anything they do in the name of security (even if some things don't always scream common sense!) BTW, the policy for RCCL would make no distinction between carry on and checked -- so they theoretically could be confiscated even if in the checked luggage.

Last March, no champagne, but we had MIMOSA's! :D It was great!

We cruised with friends who were not C&A, and we got to go to the special "lounge" area (which is really just an open area to the side of the terminal, with chairs set up) and have our Mimosa. We later were led to the picture taking area, where we met up with our friends. ;)

I've carried small scissors in my sewing kit on both RCCL cruises without difficulty. I know I (and probably others on the boards) would appreciate additional information on this "policy."

I've carried small scissors in my sewing kit on both RCCL cruises without difficulty. I know I (and probably others on the boards) would appreciate additional information on this "policy."

This is the specific policy from the RCCL Website:

Prohibited items:

con_bulletgray_ico.gifSharp Objects, including knives and scissors.

(Note: Personal grooming items such as safety razors are allowed.)

For complete list go to: http://www.royalcaribbean.com/customersupport/faq/details.do?pagename=frequently_asked_questions&pnav=5&pnav=2&faqSubjectName=Onboard+Policies&faqId=2608&faqSubjectId=333&faqType=faq

When we asked if it was all scissors (what is the definition of sharp??) we were told "yes". The lady was very clear they were enforcing a RCCL rule; not one of their own.

Is baggage screening done prior to check in or after?

Is it done by TSA or RCI personnel?

Thanks.

Someone might correct me, but for some reason I think the security was done by port authority personnel. Perhaps someone else can confirm or correct.

The carry on screening is, indeed, done prior to check in. As to when and if checked baggage is screened, I would imagine it occurs after you are on the ship unless there is some long delay in boarding.

My DH always carried 4" long scissors in his dopp kit. Never been confiscated - including Galveston, and would be very upset if they were. He uses them daily to trim, and I use them too! :eek:

Her scissors were not even 4" long. I should add that my shaving kit contained a pair of scissors very similar to her sewing scissors (I had completely forgotten they were there until we unpacked that afternoon). My scissors made it through with no problem, so it just demonstrates they just don't get everything.

In the earlier days of TSA (when 9/11 rules were implemented) DH somehow ended up getting through security with the scissors, but his nail clippers were confiscated because of the file.

Ha... same here... I asked for and was handed the clippers where I proceeded to break off the file. :rolleyes:

Same with a corkscrew in Maui... after 10's of airports, they wanted to confiscate the corkscrew because of the 1 inch foil cutter. I broke that off too, smiled and went on my way.

Don't get me started on the TSA's consistency. :rolleyes:

Archived