First things you do when boarding!

dtagirl

I would like to know what the first things you do when boarding? Do you head for lunch, explore or sign up for spa etc? I just would like to make sure I don't miss a early opportunity! Sailing on the Emerald Feb 14th! Thanks for ideas!

Check out the cabin

Book the Chefs Table

Get a hole punched in the door key for lanyards

Buy a coffee card and get a Capuccino

Complete the $1000 card while exploring the ship

Stop for something to eat while exploring

Visit the Spa to book initial appointments

1. go to cabin, unpack some of the carryon, check out the cabin, make sure there's the right life jacket for everyone (2 adult and 1 child), meet the cabin steward when he or she comes around, start reading the Patters & kid's program info.

2. start exploring the ship, stopping at the Horizon for lunch.

There is a Treasure Hunt card given to you on boarding. You go round the various departments getting stamps and hand the card in at the sailaway party. The various departments donate prizes such as (piece of art, internet time, sabitini's dinner etc)

Chef's Table is an evening of dinner and wine cooked by the Executive Chef and hosted by the Maitre'd $75 and worth every cent. There are 12 at the table and it is run 2 or 3 times in the cruise normally which means competition is intense and they don't need to advertise.

Happy Dance! Happy Dance! Happy Dance! Then go check out our cabin, step out onto our balcony for our very first visit (you have to build a good relationship with it you know ;)) Unpack our carry on, look to see if any of our luggage has arrived. Then go check out the ship, check to see if our luggage has arrived, then go grab some lunch, check to see if our luggage has arrived, grab our life vests for the Muster Drill, check to see if our luggage has arrived, head up on deck for the sailaway party, then back down to the room, check once more to see if our luggage is there, and visit the balcony once more before dinner, whew. Ok, so that's what we do the day we board, but I couldn't stop myself :D

1). Eat at either the Trident grill, or pizza place (if open)

2). 1000 entry contest

3). Sign up for the internet package (extra minutes on first day sign-up)

4). unpack

5). walk around

6). Look at the art to see if they have something I want to buy

Two more months and I just can't wait. The more I cruise the shorter my patience is for when the next cruise comes along.

This is my plan tomorrow

1. Go to room, put down carryons and make sure safe works

2. Call Sabatinis to make reservation

3. Get card punched

4. Go to main dining room talk to matrdee(sp) about being veggie.. see if i can get more options as someone here suggested it

5. If time before muster, take a dip in a pool or hot tub and have a drink

6. Muster drill

7. Outriggers for our meet and greet and have two drinks in my hand at sailaway!:D

Well see if it goes that way!

Archived