Drink of the Day Special

TipsyT

Last year on the Voyager we were able to purchase a sticker for our seapass for $25 that allowed us to buy unlimited drinks of the day at buy one/get one free prices (it also came with a coupon book). Do you know if that deal is offered on other RC ships? Particularly, we will be sailing on the Liberty at the end of February.

TIA!

Trish

Last year on the Voyager we were able to purchase a sticker for our seapass for $25 that allowed us to buy unlimited drinks of the day at buy one/get one free prices (it also came with a coupon book). Do you know if that deal is offered on other RC ships? Particularly, we will be sailing on the Liberty at the end of February.

TIA!

Trish

I have never heard of such a thing.

Were you part of a group or charter?

I have never heard of such a thing.

Were you part of a group or charter?

Nope. It was offered during the Promenade Showcase/Welcome on the first day to everyone. It definitely inspired us to buy more drinks during that cruise. Like, a whole lot more!

YES on Indy 1/3 sailing. It was marketed as buy the coupon book, get the sticker and yes we got one. They only sold 200 and it was done at the Port and Shopping talk on the first sea day. We are not big drinkers but got the drink of the day each day ater that (worked out to about $3 per drink plus gratuity.)

YES on Indy 1/3 sailing. It was marketed as buy the coupon book, get the sticker and yes we got one. They only sold 200 and it was done at the Port and Shopping talk on the first sea day. We are not big drinkers but got the drink of the day each day ater that (worked out to about $3 per drink plus gratuity.)

How much was the coupon book??

How much was the coupon book??

That's the way it worked on the Voyager, too. You actually bought the coupon book for $25 and you got the sticker for the BOGO drinks. I'm surely hoping that will be offered on our next cruise.

I've never heard (or seen) that one before either. But I certainly would love to participate!! Sign me up!

------------------------

Sea ya!

Ron and Lee

Canton, Ga

Proud RCCL Platinum Member

"In wine there is wisdom, in beer there is freedom,

in water there is bacteria." – Ben Franklin

We are proud Oasis Camel Cruiser – April 17, 2010

The Oasis Camels Website

Previous Cruises – 59 Days at Sea!

Carnival Mardis Gras - 3 Day Bahamas - April 1982

Carnival Destiny - 7 Days Western Carib. - April 1998

Princess Grand Princess - 7 Days Eastern Carib. - April 1999

Princess Sea Princess - 7 Days Western Carib. - March 2000

Princess Grand Princess - 7 Days Western Carib. - March 2002

RCCL Navigator of the Seas - 7 Days Western Carib. - March 2003

RCCL Mariner of the Seas - 7 Days Western Carib. - April 2005

RCCL Freedom of the Seas - 7 Days Western Carib. - 6/18 - 6/25/2006

RCCL Liberty of the Seas - 7 Days Eastern Carib. - 7/19 - 7/26/08

Planned Cruises

RCCL Oasis of the Seas – Our Friends Cruise - April 17, 2010

RCCL Allure of the Seas – Our Neighborhood Cruise - 2011

The BIG One - Southeast Asia 14 day – 2012?

Princess Cruises - The Med – 14 day – 2013?

Did you actually use any of the coupons in the book?? From what I've read on CC those shopping coupon books are pretty useless...so what you are basically doing it buying a buy one get one sticker for $25...

That's what it sounds like to me, too. Useless coupon book.....useful BOGO sticker.

:)

Did you actually use any of the coupons in the book?? From what I've read on CC those shopping coupon books are pretty useless...so what you are basically doing it buying a buy one get one sticker for $25...

No. In fact, after flipping through the coupon book we gave it away to someone who seemed interested in it. We did use that little sticker though....28 times. :)

That's the way it worked on the Voyager, too. You actually bought the coupon book for $25 and you got the sticker for the BOGO drinks. I'm surely hoping that will be offered on our next cruise.

The books are a pretty much a joke at $25 but if it includes a BOGO and you drink enough it may just work out.

The book was no great shakes. At each port you get some freebies. We got it because the free shopping bag from Del Sol that changes color in the sun was cool. There were coupons that allowed for 1 free one and one for $5 at each port that had a Del Sol. The guy at the Del Sol in Belize said we could only use 1 coupon, though, and we would have to trade in our bag at each port to get another. Not worth it. We had our 5 year old dd with us and she got some fun trinkets - a Mayan horoscope charm, a charm bracelet, etc. There were coupons for free appetizers at some of the bars in various ports and $100 off at Diamonds International. If you plan to cruise numerous times this year or plan to make a jewelry purchase it could be worthwhile. Otherwise it's really just for the sticker.

We just got off Voyager yesterday, and we attended the Port & Shopping talk in the theater. First, the rumor was if you attended the show, you would get the BOGO sticker put on your sea pass card. When we got there, we found out our fellow cruiser was mis-informed, and the offer was actually if you bought the Port & Shopping book for $25, you got the little smiley face sticker put on your sea pass card that gives you the BOGO free drink of the day. You can use it as many times as you want everyday. The waiters knew what that smiley sticker meant. Didn't even have to say anything to them.

That's the only reason I bought the book. Otherwise, I never buy them. I think I only ended up using the coupon for the free Del Sol bag. Gave away the coupons for the margarita's at Margaritaville to someone that was going there.

I'm trying to figure out how many drinks you have to buy to make spending $25 dollars worth it. Now I know why I wasn't a math major!:p

If the drinks are about $6 each then you'd break even around 9 drinks. After that, you're saving 50% each time.

Archived