A Great Big Thank You....

Judi2112

to the "honest" person who found my husband's mobile phone and decided not to hand it in......

Mobile phone left on Serenade of the Seas - cabin 1548 - sailing 16th to 23rd January 2010. Didn't take the phone out of the cabin at all so know that it got lost/misplaced somewhere in the cabin. We didn't realised until we got home!

It was used in St Kitts yesterday and Dominica today. It was a pay as you go so only £9 worth of credit has been used.

Really no biggy - just venting at the honesty of some people!!!! Hope they enjoyed their texts/calls - it will be their last as the phone has now been blocked!

Oh well, if that's the only thing we came home without ....

I am sorry to hear this happened. Did you put your cell phone in the room's secured safe? The crew are allowed off the ship if they have time off when they port. We saw many crew members off the ship when we were in Jamaica. It could have been the crew, but most of the crew you hope would have been honest and turned it in. Lesson learned though, I guess and good thing it was a pay as you go.

Barb

to the "honest" person who found my husband's mobile phone and decided not to hand it in......

Mobile phone left on Serenade of the Seas - cabin 1548 - sailing 16th to 23rd January 2010. Didn't take the phone out of the cabin at all so know that it got lost/misplaced somewhere in the cabin. We didn't realised until we got home!

It was used in St Kitts yesterday and Dominica today. It was a pay as you go so only £9 worth of credit has been used.

Really no biggy - just venting at the honesty of some people!!!! Hope they enjoyed their texts/calls - it will be their last as the phone has now been blocked!

Oh well, if that's the only thing we came home without ....

Did you contact RCCL to find out who the person is in your stateroom ?

jj.....

Stupidly no it wasn't in the safe :o. It was lying around with my mobile on the desk all week. If I were placing bets I would say that it's been beside the tv set and when it's been pushed back the phones gone under.

I really think if our cabin steward had found it he would have turned it in. Also, he was leaving to go home on Saturday after his last shift, so if it was him he has passed it on to someone else.

I really don't want to point fingers though, I'd hate for someone innocent to get into trouble.

Our stupidity this one time = our lesson learned - the thing is we so good normally at locking our valuables away! duh!

I feel your pain. My daughter somehow lost her i-phone on her birthday. We called the number and someone answered, then hung up. I don't know how useful the phone could be as it is locked,(apparently you can answer it when it's locked, just not call, text, or read messages) and we had severely limited its use. She could only call or text 15 specific people, so it was not a big "score" for whoever decided to keep her phone. Although, some people are so tech-savvy, maybe they can get around all that. At any rate, we had to cancel the phone off our plan and our daughter had to use her birthday money she had received the day she lost the phone to buy a replacement phone. Live and learn. Still, thieves suck.:mad:

Hubby lost his phone on boarding day our last cruise.....at least, we were aware that it was missing, and called to suspend service.....never thought about it again until the last evening, so he went to "lost and found", and Voila! It was there! Once we docked, we called to start his service again, and all was well.

Sorry yours got picked up by someone with no morals!

I'd say it was a guest as crew don't get a lot of shore leave and don't have time to call during their work period.

Crew get off the ship everyday and go off in port. Plus they have plenty of time to make a call even during their "work" period. I'm not saying that it was a crew member that has the phone but to think that they never leave the ship is wrong.

So sorry to hear about your theft. Our home was just robbed this past September so I understand your feelings. DH and I have always felt that if something is taken from us, they must need it more than we do. We have gone on to teach this to our boys, ages 12 and 15 also. After all, it's only "stuff". Don't get me wrong, we are not looking for our "stuff" to be taken, but we trust that it will all work out for good.

Just another word of caution. We left our bank credit card in our safe for our entire cruise this past August (not RCI!). We did not take it out once and it was not in plain sight in the safe.. The beginning of September we got a call from our bank saying that we had charges over $1000 in Spain that morning and should they freeze our account. Lesson learned.

A couple of years ago at home on the beach, I found a phone off the path but with some calling, Found the young lady and returned it. She was so grateful...........

But this Past December while on the Radiance, I was zip lining in the forest of PV Mexico and some how when I went upside down and hanging on with just the strap.....It was so COOL....My fanny pack fell off with all of my ID, CC and Money...about a Hundred bucks vanished, No Idea where it landed. The worse part is that I volunteered to hold a wallet of another Passenger inside the fanny pack......You guessed it.....GONE!

RCCL was so nice that they gave us 45 minutes of FREE Internet to cancel everything.....Way to Go RCCL and the Staff of the Radiance OTS.

I know in 30 years someone is going to call and say....By the way....Did you lose something many years ago! Oh well.....That is my long SAD story!

Happy cruising and hang on to all of your STUFF! :eek:

I feel your pain. My daughter somehow lost her i-phone on her birthday. We called the number and someone answered, then hung up. I don't know how useful the phone could be as it is locked,(apparently you can answer it when it's locked, just not call, text, or read messages) and we had severely limited its use. She could only call or text 15 specific people, so it was not a big "score" for whoever decided to keep her phone. Although, some people are so tech-savvy, maybe they can get around all that. At any rate, we had to cancel the phone off our plan and our daughter had to use her birthday money she had received the day she lost the phone to buy a replacement phone. Live and learn. Still, thieves suck.:mad:

I keep mine (iPhone) locked because my last one was stolen. I didn't have it locked and was worried about ability to peel some personal stuff off of it. They can use a locked phone if they rewrite it (don't know the specifics, but the guy at the Apple Store assured me it could be done). What I have done now is linked it to my mobileme account so I can use "locate" if it gets lost (can not only GPS locate it to a general location can turn on the ringer even if it is set to vibrate so you can find it in weird places in your house/office) and can remotely wipe it clean. Scummy thieves are everywhere. Give your daughter my sympathy!

Just another word of caution. We left our bank credit card in our safe for our entire cruise this past August (not RCI!). We did not take it out once and it was not in plain sight in the safe.. The beginning of September we got a call from our bank saying that we had charges over $1000 in Spain that morning and should they freeze our account. Lesson learned.

Actually, any time you use your card (in person or online), even at home, you're at risk of having the number stolen. It could have happened anywhere, not necessarily on the ship.

I've had this happen twice (several years apart). Each time I had my card in my possession, so the card itself wasn't stolen, but someone used the number to make a fake card. One time the charges were local ($10,000 watch at a local jeweler!), the second time it was used to buy gas in Italy (!!). The bank's fraud department caught it both times. Oh, and a friend of mine had a similar thing, in her case someone in Thailand downloaded a couple thousand $ worth of music.

I keep mine (iPhone) locked because my last one was stolen. I didn't have it locked and was worried about ability to peel some personal stuff off of it. They can use a locked phone if they rewrite it (don't know the specifics, but the guy at the Apple Store assured me it could be done). What I have done now is linked it to my mobileme account so I can use "locate" if it gets lost (can not only GPS locate it to a general location can turn on the ringer even if it is set to vibrate so you can find it in weird places in your house/office) and can remotely wipe it clean. Scummy thieves are everywhere. Give your daughter my sympathy!

Hmm, that's very interesting. Thanks...

Mobileme is great! I also lost/misplaced my phone. Someone found it and turned it in to security. Security said oh yes we found a phone, some guy said it was his and we gave it to him!! I said what, did you not at least ask for some id, or ask him to id the phone for you. Their answer was, well he said it was a black phone in a black case! Well duh how many phones are black?????? And how many cases are black??? Fortunately for me, the security did remember the person that he gave it to and he met him at the bottom of the gangway when the ship returned. The guy really had an i-phone like mine and he "thought" he had lost his, but not really. So I got it back, thanks to the great memory the security guy had! lol my phone got to go on the cruise but not me. After that my husband said, gotta get a mobileme acct. The locater thing works great.

Annieeee

Archived