It's rain all the way

nimbupani

Grab a drink and sit it the pool... This way either way you'll be wet. This happened to me on my last cruise and you just have to make the best of it. Let's be honest, yes, rain on vacation is not the best, however it beats the alternative: working. ;)

I don't think rain makes for a good cruise...I'd just as soon be working, if I don't have good weather.

That being said, it rarely rains 24/7 down there....a shower here and there is normal and they pass quickly. If it's an isolated shower, the ship will move out of the way and miss it,if possible.

Don't worry!

It rains once a day in Key West ... chances are you'll have good weather for most of the day! Not sure about your area but our weather people in DC are rarely correct more than 2 or 3 days out. Just relax and have a wonderful trip!

It rains once a day in Key West ... chances are you'll have good weather for most of the day! Not sure about your area but our weather people in DC are rarely correct more than 2 or 3 days out. Just relax and have a wonderful trip!

Yeah. I am counting on their consistency ;)

It rained every day on our last cruise or was at least cloudy, overcast & cool. I hated it, except the day we were climbing Mayan ruins in Mexico; that would have been miserable in hot sun.

You just have to learn to make your own fun. It's not the same but it's still better than work. :)

It rained every day on our last cruise or was at least cloudy, overcast & cool. I hated it, except the day we were climbing Mayan ruins in Mexico; that would have been miserable in hot sun.

You just have to learn to make your own fun. It's not the same but it's still better than work. :)

Do they continue excursions in rain? like jungle tour or snorkeling.

If not will they refund the money

I am worried now

this is the state of our Itineary

02/01 - Miami - Rain

02/02 - Key West - Rain

02/03 - Cozumel - Rain

02/04 - Sea

02/05 - Miami - Rain

02/06 -Back to Virginia

Well, if it's gonna rain the entire time, you should sue the cruise line for your money back!!!! :eek:(Just kidding.... ;)) Rain happens. Weather can't be changed. Just plan for the worst, hope for the best, and know the weather forecasts aren't all that accurate.

Now it looks just overcast in Cozumel for Thursday, when I will be there.

At least it will be warm!

1 degree wind chill here in NJ now.

You are getting winter storm by this weekend in NJ and will pass on the way in VA. :) good luck

We are leaving monday morning

Do they continue excursions in rain? like jungle tour or snorkeling.

If not will they refund the money

Some of the tours go on. We had a ziplining tour cancelled once b/c it would have been too dangerous in the rain.

If you cancel, you don't always get your money back. Check the policies. I think if you cancel more than 72 hours before through the cruiseline you might get a refund but it's line & company specific.

If they cancel sometimes you get your money back. Our private tour in Costa Maya was cancelled by the company; they gave us the option to go on a different tour but they wouldn't refund our money even though they are the ones who cancelled. We enjoyed the tour we ended up taking but I felt hijacked.

As others have said, the weather forecast can (and usually does) change. Right now, Miami is only showing a 50% chance of "showers" (not constant rain) while Key West shows a 30% chance of rain. Light rain can feel good when it's hot and you are snorkeling. Don't let the weather ruin your vacation. . . . just think, you'll be there really soon. I'm excited for you:)

We are in virginia and will be having a snow of about 10-12" by tonite. Now our next worry is sunday early morning flight to miami. How to go to airport? My car is in open parking and the amount of snow that has accumulated (& will continue to pile up) on & in front of the car. :confused:

We are in virginia and will be having a snow of about 10-12" by tonite. Now our next worry is sunday early morning flight to miami. How to go to airport? My car is in open parking and the amount of snow that has accumulated (& will continue to pile up) on & in front of the car. :confused:

I'd probably be leaving right now and get to the airport, even if it means staying all night at the airport (sometimes there are hotels nearby, that might not be filled...yet.)

I am worried now

this is the state of our Itineary

02/01 - Miami - Rain

02/02 - Key West - Rain

02/03 - Cozumel - Rain

02/04 - Sea

02/05 - Miami - Rain

02/06 -Back to Virginia

What excursions, if any, do you have planned in each place?

Are you booked thru the cruiseline or privately? If private, have you talked to them about their cancelation policy?

Some advertise that the tour goes rain or shine. You'll just have to call them to see what their policy is (in your spare time worrying about the snow and how to get to the airport tomorrow morning with 12" on your windshield).

Just remember that regardless of the weather you will be in some places you have never been before, and on a cruise! So plan to have fun and tell your kids to go with the flow!

It rains once a day in Key West ...

Afternoon storms are common in the hot summer months, but rain is unusual during the winter months. Long dry spells are very common here....to the point where we are restricted on our water use.

That being said, it has been raining all day today and we have a 60% chance of rain throughout the day tomorrow.

Afternoon storms are common in the hot summer months, but rain is unusual during the winter months. Long dry spells are very common here....to the point where we are restricted on our water use.

That being said, it has been raining all day today and we have a 60% chance of rain throughout the day tomorrow.

Same here...Don't remember the last time it has rained like this for so long...probably Sept or so...

Archived