9:10 flight from bcn

tcocktail

Personally, I wouldn't. Too many things can go wrong.

Better question....when does the cruiseline recommend your flights to begin? Do you have any reason not to agree with that?

The Cruise suggests 10AM, saying that, they have NO control of the airlines or better yet security at the airport. this afternoon i decided to call Swiss Air, they said no way will we be able to make this flight at 9:10. There are three check points at the Barcelona airport for security plus the Swiss Air check in desk. They said no less then three hours prior to take off.

I'm not sure what airline you are looking at but we flew out of BCN in Nov and had a 12:55pm flight on Air France. Again, this is only our personal experience and it may not be like this any other time but when we got to the airport around 9am it was INSANE. The line for Air France was backed up all the way out of the terminal and out to the sidewalk. The attendants were calling flight numbers and times and pulling people out of the line to cut to the front so they would make their flights. We were talking to a couple that came in on another cruise in line and they were going to Paris to visit family when their flight was called after they were pretty much freaking out that they would miss their flight (about 40 min until take off). By the time we got to the front of the line and through all the security checkpoints it was almost 11am. I am glad we went to the airport early because prior to going through the checkpoints we did not see any of the lines getting any smaller.

I know this was much later in the morning than when you were interested in leaving but I just wanted to say that anything can happen. Good luck and I hope you find a good flight!

The BCN airport is confusing and often has long, slow lines. They are also fierce on the amount of luggage you have to check and to carry on. There is no point in trying to argue.

I got through all the lines and security stuff and then had to deal with a gate change and then another gate change. It was not a nice way to depart Spain.

I'm not sure what airline you are looking at but we flew out of BCN in Nov and had a 12:55pm flight on Air France. Again, this is only our personal experience and it may not be like this any other time but when we got to the airport around 9am it was INSANE. The line for Air France was backed up all the way out of the terminal and out to the sidewalk. The attendants were calling flight numbers and times and pulling people out of the line to cut to the front so they would make their flights. We were talking to a couple that came in on another cruise in line and they were going to Paris to visit family when their flight was called after they were pretty much freaking out that they would miss their flight (about 40 min until take off). By the time we got to the front of the line and through all the security checkpoints it was almost 11am. I am glad we went to the airport early because prior to going through the checkpoints we did not see any of the lines getting any smaller.

I know this was much later in the morning than when you were interested in leaving but I just wanted to say that anything can happen. Good luck and I hope you find a good flight!

That was what we saw as well. USAir was horrific with long lines snaking through the terminal. Lucky for us we were flying KLM where there the check-in lines were minimal. Our flight was noon-ish and we had very little time to spare.

Good luck in your flight search. :)

• 3 weeks later...

Please talk me out of this I just saw an oustanding good fare but the retuirn flight is the 9:10Am. This time calling Swiss Air they are saying two before flight departure to be at the airport and Celebrity said if we could be ready to go once we are docked that we could make the flight. Sometimes when I see a great price it's hard for me to think clearly.

Please talk me out of this I just saw an oustanding good fare but the retuirn flight is the 9:10Am. This time calling Swiss Air they are saying two before flight departure to be at the airport and Celebrity said if we could be ready to go once we are docked that we could make the flight. Sometimes when I see a great price it's hard for me to think clearly.

Why? You've read this entire thread; in fact, you started it. You are an adult and should make your own decisions.

Why? You've read this entire thread; in fact, you started it. You are an adult and should make your own decisions.
There's an attractive price out there.....the OP is looking for some confirmation that it's OK to book that one and save the money. It's almost axiomatic for CC -- if there is a very attractive price for a flight on cruise day, it's guaranteed that you can't make it. And yet people will want to book it.

Perhaps it is the pragmatist in me, but for kicks and giggles I looked up what the cost of a walk-up Y fare would be BCN>ZRH>IAD/RIC, priced with LX, and it was looking slightly north of $2100. For the OP, that's what she should be prepared to pay per pax, when she misses her originally scheduled flight. How does that bargain seem now? Scott.

Perhaps it is the pragmatist in me, but for kicks and giggles I looked up what the cost of a walk-up Y fare would be BCN>ZRH>IAD/RIC, priced with LX, and it was looking slightly north of $2100. For the OP, that's what she should be prepared to pay per pax, when she misses her originally scheduled flight. How does that bargain seem now? Scott.

No bargain at all. And OP, if you miss your flight because you didn't get to the airport on time, your ticket is cancelled. It's not the same as when you have one ticket with connections, and you miss a connection because a flight was late. In that case, the airline will get you on another flight.

In this case, you are stuck purchasing a brand new ticket at these walk up fares.

You posted this on another forum, where you were discussing this same issue:

i really want to come home the day we disembark but Us Air and swiss air both told me that a 10 or 10:45 is going to impossible to make especially in June.

What is the total for this airfare, and your dates of travel?

No bargain at all. And OP, if you miss your flight because you didn't get to the airport on time, your ticket is cancelled. It's not the same as when you have one ticket with connections, and you miss a connection because a flight was late. In that case, the airline will get you on another flight.

In this case, you are stuck purchasing a brand new ticket at these walk up fares.

You posted this on another forum, where you were discussing this same issue:

i really want to come home the day we disembark but Us Air and swiss air both told me that a 10 or 10:45 is going to impossible to make especially in June.

What is the total for this airfare, and your dates of travel?

Okay, you all answered my question. I didn't know that the ticket would be cancelled if we are not there in time. That's all I needed to hear. Yes Scott anything under $2100 would be a deal.

BTW, Celebrity told me today that if we alerted the ship that we could be off right after docking and could be to th airport by 6:30AM. Swiss Air told me today, Of course you can make that flight, you have to be there by 7AM. So I guess it all depends to whom you speak.

Just ask yourself this: What if the ship is two hours late?

Globaliser, you are exactly right. Especially in this day and age we never know what could happen. I was just having a weak moment.;) I really would feel more comfortable with a flight leaving at noon.

Thanks all for your input.

Archived