Need some help, going to miss San Juan embarkation.

neurosurg

Hey everyone,

there's a large group of us on us air in Philadelphia, who were sitting on a plane for 4 hours, only then told that they need to change planes due to a "equipment issues.". And now they have to switch the crew because of the delay.

We now probably will arrive at 9pm, if they can repair the plane.

We probably have 20-30 people on the serenade. We've already called rcl to let them know, but any suggestions on how to catch up to the ship?

Hopefully the ship will wait, but I won't count on it. Did you book cruiseair? When we were on the Adventure we did not leave until 10pm, you may have a chance, the airport is not far to the port.

Is there another airline they can put you on? Wish you best of luck.

Is this air arranged by the cruiseline? If so, they might hold the ship. We had this in 2002, the ship left almost 90 minutes late because a group of 10 pax (on an RCI arranged flight) were late. The pax looking over the side applauded when the bus pulled up. But this is also 2010 and the TSA has a 90 minute rule so .........

What is the first stop?

We're all on US airways. Because of the storm in Charlotte, there's a bunch of people who were rerouted through Philadelphia.

US airways is trying to call to see if the ship will wait for about 40 of us now.

On the bright side at least the engine decided to start smoking before we took off!

At least there are forty of you. There is a better chance of getting the ship to wait than if it were just you and your family . The other thing you have going for you, if I have my facts right, St. Thomas is your first port of call. If that is right it is a very short sail so RCI might be more willing to hold the ship. Serenade used to sail at 10 PM when she was heading over to St. Thomas. I hope it works out for you.

Well, we've made a few new (grumpy) friends...

Our first stop is (or was) Tortola, British virgin islands.

Now they can't find a copilot. I'm about to offer my Microsoft flight sim skills. At least we all have agreed that no one here is ever flying on US air again.

I don't know how you are connecting, to the internet by phone or computer .

Here is a link to get to BVI.

http://www.********************/british-virgin-islands/tortola/getting-to-tortola.shtml

I would suggest you call the the port agent, they are the ones who will help you connect to the ship.

Have you been able to get in touch with RCCL?

Well, we've made a few new (grumpy) friends...

Our first stop is (or was) Tortola, British virgin islands.

Now they can't find a copilot. I'm about to offer my Microsoft flight sim skills. At least we all have agreed that no one here is ever flying on US air again.

Tortolla is just as short a trip from San Juan as St. Thomas. If you need help flying the plane I also have Microsoft flight sim skills.:D I have flown the route down to the Caribbean many times!

By the way.... a friend of mine refers to US Air as USless Air. I know, not funny right now.:o

Well they just announced that the captains are not willing to hold the ships ( probably another 30 on celebrity as well as us).

Great. They're now trying to calm down a crowd of irate people. I guess it's time to start drinking.

Well they just announced that the captains are not willing to hold the ships ( probably another 30 on celebrity as well as us).

Great. They're now trying to calm down a crowd of irate people. I guess it's time to start drinking.

Oh dear.... Sending good vacation thoughts your way.

This is the number to call at RCI if you need to make special arrangements to catch up to the ship. This is also the department that will tell you advise you to the port that you are able to board at when missing the ship at embarkation. 1-800-256-6649. Good luck. Fingers are crossed that US airways will get you there sooner rather than later and that you make the ship.:)

Archived