jewel of the seas

kitchen1

Nice ship, typical RCI activities. Not many kids on that kind of itinerary unless it is during a school vacation.... and still it will not have as many kids. Easy ship to get around. Loved our cabin on the elevator hump area...great big balcony and easy to walk to from the stairways. Food was not that good, but service was fine. Enjoy!

i'd love any information, positive or negative about the jewel of the seas. We are going to the Caribbean and Panama for a 10-day cruise in March. We have 2 kids, ages 7 and 10.

This is our favorite RCCL ship. We love it. We recently sailed the larger Explorer of the Seas and did not like that ship at all. There are so many great things about Jewel.

We love the solarium adult pool with retractable roof for any kind of weather from rain to heat or cold. The bar in there is fun too.

We love the Seaview Cafe on the top deck aft because it has all types of sandwiches and chicken wings and fish & chips for a quick pick me up. Love the indoor and outdoor seating. Best of all, there is no fee compared to Johnny Rockets $5pp on Explorer.

We prefer the public rooms and bars on Jewel over any other ship. They have the fun self leveling pool tables between the Schooner Bar and the huge lounge in the back of the ship.

Best of all, Jewel has 2 specialty restaurants: Portofinos and Chops Grille Steak House--great!

We had alot of problems on Explorer with Mytime Dining, but never had to wait for a table on Jewel of the Seas. I think the smaller size means better service.

Junior suites on Jewel are fantastic.

Try Jewel and let us all know if you have a great cruise. I just wrote a bad review on Explorer.

Nice ship, typical RCI activities. Not many kids on that kind of itinerary unless it is during a school vacation.... and still it will not have as many kids. Easy ship to get around. Loved our cabin on the elevator hump area...great big balcony and easy to walk to from the stairways. Food was not that good, but service was fine. Enjoy!

Sorry you didn't enjoy the food, we did. Tried My Time Dining and have booked that again on our next cruise. Enjoyed the flexibility and the fun of sitting with new people if we wanted.

i'd love any information, positive or negative about the jewel of the seas. We are going to the Caribbean and Panama for a 10-day cruise in March. We have 2 kids, ages 7 and 10.

If you are on the 3/26 sailing, come join our Roll Call.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=917654

We have a few families with young(er) children and have some group shore excursions that may be of interest to you.

just booked for the 05/03/2010,just read all about the jewel of the seas,flying out of ireland on the fourth, staying in the hilton hotel,should be a good time cant wait, see you all on board ,

Welcome to the boards. Assuming you mean 5th March you have a roll call here of others on your cruise. The date thing confuses me sometimes here..... you'll have a great time whenever you sail :D

We loved sailing on the Jewel. Particularly liked the fact that there is outside seating in the Windjammer and Seaview Cafe and also that there is a covered solarium. It also had more of an intimate feel than the larger RC ships. The staff and crew were also very friendly.

• 2 weeks later...

We're thinking of booking a cruise on the Jewel. What is the smoking policy these days? I read a thread about one side of the ship allowing smoking on the balcony? We want to stay away from the smoke. We're looking for a balcony room but don't see many available. What's the best way to book these days? Orbitz? Expedia? Royal Caribbean site?

Archived