What time will we be off Emerld in Ft. Lauderdale

barberesr

We are a party of 5. My elderly father will be in a wheelchair and my husband has disabilities because of having his spine replaced. He does not have a lot of strength. I am wondering about making my husband comfortable for the long wait.

Does anyone have any idea, when we may be may be off the ship back in Ft. Lauderdale?

If you want to be first off, you can do the self-disembarkation where you carry all your own luggage. When we were on Emerald, we docked around 5 or 6 am, I'd say. The ship then has to be cleared, and the first passengers are usually off by around 7:45 am. If you don't want to self-disembark but want to be among the first off, see the staff at the Guest Services desk.

Self disembarkation is for passengers who can carry all their own luggage. Wheelchair service is not available at that time so I doubt that self disembarkation is an option. You can ask your steward about staying in your cabin as late as possible and he/she will tell you the latest time that you must get out to allow them to clean, or you can pick a comfortable spot in the lounge where the wheelchair passengers are gathering and leave your cabin early. If you have breakfast in the MDR it makes the passage of time much more bearable.

When you fill in the form for disembarkation about 3 days before arrival in Fort Lauderdale you get to state how you are onward travelling and the pursers desk then allocates the appropriate time. If you go down to the pursers desk with the form you can discuss disembarkation times with them to make sure it fits your needs.

When you fill in the form for disembarkation about 3 days before arrival in Fort Lauderdale you get to state how you are onward travelling and the pursers desk then allocates the appropriate time. If you go down to the pursers desk with the form you can discuss disembarkation times with them to make sure it fits your needs.

They no longer use this form. The only one they use now asks if you want self-disembarkation. Theory behind this is that since everyone has to be off between 7:30 and 9:30, for the great majority is makes no difference when in that time period you leave the ship. Thus, other than people who are part of tours, have purchased Princess transfers to an airport or choose to self disembark, the departure times are assigned by decks.

Anybody that needs a different time than what is assigned can go to the Purser's desk and request it.

They no longer use this form. The only one they use now asks if you want self-disembarkation. Theory behind this is that since everyone has to be off between 7:30 and 9:30, for the great majority is makes no difference when in that time period you leave the ship. Thus, other than people who are part of tours, have purchased Princess transfers to an airport or choose to self disembark, the departure times are assigned by decks.

Anybody that needs a different time than what is assigned can go to the Purser's desk and request it.

Interesting I filled one out in December :). Notwithstanding that as I said the OP needs to talk to the Pursers desk anyway.

Interesting I filled one out in December :). Notwithstanding that as I said the OP needs to talk to the Pursers desk anyway.

Was not one on the December 20 Emerald cruise. That's when I was told it was no longer used.

Archived